Why is Google super secretive about its anti-aging research?

vox.com/science-and-health/2017/4/27/15409672/google-calico-secretive-aging-mortality-research

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Bk1JK
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Two words:
>Corporate
>Espionage

Jesus christ what horrible journalism.
Who the fuck writes titles like that?

>posting vox links
reminder to archive all clickbait
archive.is/Bk1JK

why tf is Google doing anti-aging research? lmao

Its a field where first mover advantage is huge, considering how complicated pharmaceutical IP law is.

Also its not clear they have any intention to make this anti-aging technology widespread. Its very well they just want to use it for themselves and their elite buddies.

>Vox
I need not type anything else.

Larry Page and Sergey Brin don't want to die

Just think through in your head the gravity of being the first to succeed in the field.

They're only doing it for super rich people. They don't want to create a shitstorm by publicizing that fact.

Remember, if you want to live a long life, you have to get rich.

That's the first thing I thought too haha wtf

money

they still gonna die, and maybe even die rich, but at least a little less rich than without taking google's anti-aging help

I bet they are doing unethical stuff.

Rich people don't get rich by not capitalizing on a valuable resource.

They could make more money by selling everybody on earth immortality for $100 each than if they just sold it to their elite rich friends for $1 billion each. There's no reason to keep it secret when they could sell it.

To defraud investors. Can't do due diligence on something that's top secret, but if you want a piece of the action you've gotta pay up. Quite ingenious, really.

If the number is correct, 1,5B dollars is peanut for these kind of reasearch. That's probably what the breast cancer get for one year.

Clickbait. Call me when they put 50 billions dollars in this.

>No one knows why
Holy shit OP learn to fucking read
sage

I take it you don't work in bio research. That is fucking huge money.

Maybe they'd rather have the type of people who can pay a billion dollars to stick around over the billions of human trash that would struggle to pay a hundred bucks.

Wanting poor Africans to live forever.

Sci is retarded.

>Google cures aging
>for some mysterious reason, the treatment only works on Jews

Calling it now.

5 billions just in donation for cancer reasearch in 2013. No i dont work in bio but I know the scale of numbers.

ya and that gets spread thin through different research groups

this is highly concentrated capital, in an organization that knows what its doing. plenty of cash

Ok i shoudn't have said peanuts, it's huge for one place and corporation but I don't see the conspiracy breakthrough.

Have you seen the giants labs in China ? That's the same scale.