Books like... Thee Silver Mt. Zion

I have no idea where should I ask for help, but I'm looking for a specific kind of literature and some of you guys seem to be well read, so here we go.

For the last two weeks I have been listening to various albums by Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra. I really like how they weep over our society, but instead of going full Houellebecq and sinking in misanthropy (or irony), they do something radically different: they focus on the beautiful and the good in us. While it might sound naive, it really makes me feel... Hope.

From what I understand they take a lot from the punk ideology, but instead of being angry, they are sad. They are very sentimental, empathetic and vulnerable. Some Rome (Jérôme Reuter) songs strike similar chords. When it comes to books, "The Idiot" was somewhat analogous.

I'd really like to read/watch/listen to anything "similar".
Key words: New Testament but non-religious, modern society, sincerity, hope.

Two songs to help you get the idea:
youtube.com/watch?v=LLFHPI04aIA
youtube.com/watch?v=sD2cPL5rDM8

The irony is, that this site is the epitome of Houellebecqian (?) thinking, yet I look here for the opposite.

You could have just said you want a book that is sad, but has an overall hopeful tone.

The Sound and the Fury might satisfy your request.

Godspeed you and its derivatives are the biggest leddit sjw cucklords and anyone who listens to this boring crescendocore is a tryhard or /mu/ sheeperson who flaunts his (or her, but let's be honest here, women don't have the patience for this shit anyway) 'unique taste' by posting the same old topsters chart with fucking king crimson, swans and the grip lads left right and centre.

what's wrong with King Crimson and Swans????

Don't lump them in with OPs shit

Swans is a No Wave Band that was an answer to New Waves upbeat attitude, and was instrumental in developing other genres.

King Crimson, is totally opposite of all this, and is an extremely influential Progressive Rock Band.

You sound like a fag who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Thanks for the Wikipedia update, user

are you implying that I haven't listened to all of this music? Because I have.

He's implying that you don't have the capacity to talk about music beyond a high school level

You sound like you haven't spoken to a woman since high school

actually swans came pretty late to the nowave party, the scene was pretty much dead by the time filth was released. alongside swans, there were bunch of cool stuff from this period too however.

"Punk" anything is for poseurs.

Infinite Jest

Resurrection by Tolstoy

He hasn't said anything that elicits a higher level of discussion. He has clearly never listened to more than one song, if any.

you might have just said every meme buzzword in the Veeky Forums lexicon, have fun with your absolute inability to think critically

Saul Bellow, Herzog. Opie is a very faggy person though.

guys if you're going to act like 14 year-olds who are having 'I have listened to more obscure stuff than you' arguments, go to /mu/ and shit up that board instead

Wow I just listened to those two songs, I am definitely not a fan of that. Read Cloud Atlas OP. It's not great, but it has the exact theme of what you're looking for

I know at least two girls who like GY!BE, so you're wrong on that account

Don't post on /mu/ anymore but I can definitely tell you've got some fucking shit taste

Post your top three bands or never come back to this board

Thank you

hahaha oh my god i'm not him but you're such a faggot

I may sound cliché af, but i'd recommend you some "brighter" existentialism, like that of Camus or Nietzsche.

Nietzsche may be a bit too hard to follow, or more accurately, it may be a bit too hard to extract the message you described from a simple lecture on him. Camus is way more accessible in that regard. Have you read the Stranger? If you have, read the Plague, i think it greatly fits the mood.

That's the first that comes to mind.