Disprove the sun is only 3500 miles away. This is regarding Flat Earth. Disprove this picture

Disprove the sun is only 3500 miles away. This is regarding Flat Earth. Disprove this picture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xkFsy-u3dDo
astro.princeton.edu/~dns/teachersguide/MeasECAct.html
juliantrubin.com/bigten/eratosthenes.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Come on guys can't you even prove that the Earth is round? This isn't even bait.

>Send weather balloon up into near-space with a camera attached to it
>See curvature

wtf I hate science now.

Oh yeah? Provide a video of that then so I can disprove you.

portland to new york is less than 2,800 miles as the crow flies. Not even 2,900 miles by car. That alone invalidates the image.

There's a multitude of videos available.

youtube.com/watch?v=xkFsy-u3dDo

You'd need to send up your own balloon that is the only way. Remember to disable the camera's altimeter so it won't artificially add curvature to the images as it gets higher.

The main problem with all balloon images is that the people put an extra wide lens on it. You notice this when it bobs up and down across the horizon line. The horizon will curve in one way or the other once it is past the center of the lens.

Fine. Go to rural, flat, middle America or Canada. Get out of your car, stand on it, look as far as you can, and you'll see the curvature.

Been there and couldn't. Same as being at sea.

Thanks. Look at 9:05 to 9:08. If there is a curve there, why does it become inverted from concave to convex many, many times during the video? Because it is a fucking fish eye lens. 9:05 to 9:08 is one of the worst offenses. DISPROVEN. Try again.

This isn't science, it's shitposting. Take it to /b.

Wow such curve! So round! Wow!

No you won't. Get some real proof. This is a math and science forum after all.

This is science if you can't even prove something so basic as the Earth being round. That is the very definition of the scientific method. Are you saying that once authority establishes something as a scientific fact no one is allowed to question it anymore? That is not science.

Why can't Sci let people believe what they want if it makes them happy, be it flat earth or equal intelligence between races? Why must you impose your personal interpretation on everyone else's?

the earth is round. It's a circle. all those pictures just show the edge of the circle

flat earth deniers BTFO

>Do this: astro.princeton.edu/~dns/teachersguide/MeasECAct.html
>Find curvature
>You might say cone, or bent, bla bla bla
>Contiue all over Earth
>You find curvature is non-local
>If curvature is non-local and occurs across the entire surface it must be...
>Spheroid
Q.E.D

>why cant just everyone take the bluepill and live in their own fantasies?

If the world remains uneducated in science we will never move forward. The empyrical proof suggests earth is a sphere. As such, people still believing in a flat earth do so because a) they don't know better, b) because their religion/something similar taught them to, or c) because they want to start shit, or d) they want to test others in a "free thought" experiment.

Believe im a flat earth all you want, but don't expect anyone else to take you seriously.

>astro.princeton.edu/~dns/teachersguide/MeasECAct.html
To be honest I don't get at all what this is trying to prove. The whole "boats going over the horizon" thing has been disproven so many times by merely taking a more powerful telescope and the entire thing comes back into view. The rest of the experiment "may" be proof if anyone can prove the same experiment doesn't work on a flat plane also.

For example Eratosthenes' experiment where he puts two sticks miles apart then measures the shadow to "prove" the Earth is round also works on a flat plane

You could test this by taking a flat piece of cardboard, put two toothpicks on either end, and hold a flashlight over one toothpick, and that toothpick will have no shadow but the other one will, only due to the angle to the light from each toothpick. Now move the flashlight slowly over to the other toothpick, and voila, Earth is proven round somehow according to science.

>I use geometry in my OP.
>But if you use geometry it is wrong... because reasons!
You're clearly too fucking either stupid or brainwashed to have a rational debate with, goodbye you fucking moron. :)

/thread

That isn't how it works, you fucking retard. -.-

Idiot.

>flat earth deniers
it's "balltards" or "globetards" you fucking newfag.

>Idiot
Wow so scientific. How does it work then? Flat Earth says the sun is only 3500 miles away, not 93 million.

You aren't measuring the SHADOW, you fucking goon.

"Eratosthenes will always be remembered for the calculation of the Earth's circumference circa 240 BC, using trigonometry and knowledge of the angle of elevation of the Sun at noon in Alexandria and Syene (now Aswan, Egypt). The calculation is based on the assumption that the Earth is spherical and that the Sun is so far away that its rays can be taken as parallel."
>assumption that the Earth is spherical and that the Sun is so far away that its rays can be taken as parallel."

>erect a vertical straight stick or pole of about 1 meter using a carpenter’s level and measure the length of the shadow it casts at your local noon. With simple trigonometry you can obtain the angle of the elevation of the sun.
juliantrubin.com/bigten/eratosthenes.html
Everything I can find says you are measuring the length of the shadow in this experiment.

I'm simply asking you guys to prove the Earth is round. The proof must not also work on a Flat plane such as Eratosthenes' experiment.

We aren't looking to measure the shadow, you mong.
We're measuring, in simple terms for you, when the sun vanishes over the horizon.

I don't understand what that proves then, if anything. Is there anything simple that proves the Earth is round?

How is that not fucking simple?
How?
Did you pass basic geometry?
Literally, all arguments have been:
>I don't understand, therefore it is wrong.
Or.
>That isn't right, because I believe something else.
You're the definition of brainwashed.

What does it prove? The sun disappears over the horizon on the flat model too.