Are Population controls in the industrial world the only way to combat climate change?

Are Population controls in the industrial world the only way to combat climate change?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2016/08/18/479349760/should-we-be-having-kids-in-the-age-of-climate-change
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Classical liberals
>WE ABHOR EUGENICS!

>Modern liberals
>Lol cisscum, no children for you whitey!
>Racism? No, no.
>It is to save the planet you bigot!

No need. Populations growth rates in the industrialized world are already negative, or close to it.

You just need to raise the rest of the world out of poverty, and easy and cheap access to contraception for everyone, and you need feminism to empower women to use that contraception.

>feminism
I like to call it equality or human rights.

>population control
>industrialized world

Let me tell you why you're wrong.

Not if you say:

>the third world

Then I'd agree with you.

population control is to reduce overpopulation. when its targeting a certain race, it's called genocide.

This. The global population is expected to remain between 10-12 billion individuals for the rest of the century if things go well. The birth rate is already beginning to normalize at ~1.6-2 in the more developed nations in Africa and Eurasia. As these countries develop or are gifted better medical care, I worry that there may be cultural issues between them and the more developed nations as these states continue to see a rise in technological and medical development along with the increased population. Not that the death rate was preventing or abating cultural conflict, but as these nations elderly populations increase we may see a drift toward more cultural exchanges and further gene drift. Borders will eventually become less xenophobic, and hopefully this goes hand in hand with better trade deals for everyone. I'd like to see some philanthropists work with the NGOs currently operating in developing nations to increase secondary and tertiary educational systems so that these nations can develop and sustain their own biotechnology to supply the population with GMOs specific to their climate and needs. For instance, with some developments in vertical farming, biotechnology and fertilization techniques we can see a vast reduction in the land area needed to sustain a more populous nation; as population density increases in developing nations, this further reduces the resource impact that Humanity taxes on the ecosystem and the biosphere.
>The next step is orbital colonies.

7 billion is actually okay level for a steady climate if '''''''''''we''''''''''' control our consumption and industries. For example, if we cut modern logistics, modern transportation, manufacturing, energy use by over 98%, we can make a much healthier planet condition. Of course, at the expense of most of people's egos and physical well-being. It is also the same reason why it will never happen.

its ok but not optimal. just imagine today;s tech but with only 300 million people.

>>Modern liberals
>>Lol cisscum, no children for you whitey!
>>Racism? No, no.
>>It is to save the planet you bigot!
[citation needed]

Especially about the "liberals" part (as in, is this the opinion of the majority or just one special individuum)

And no, /pol/ does not count as citation

That's a pointless comparison to make. The liberals of today aren't classical liberals at all, nor are they related to them.

Population controls in the industrialized world isn't necessary. To control population, we need to stop aiding the 3rd world, especially Africa

No.

Population control is no different than totalitarianism.
It's just a complete lack of morality and common sense. It's a sign that science has thrown in the towel and announced an utter inability to be helpful.
Repent your sins while you can, folks.

no. population control should go to Africa, the southern half of asia, china, and latin america.

already developed countries have below replacement rate birthrates. their populations are only growing due to immigration.

npr.org/2016/08/18/479349760/should-we-be-having-kids-in-the-age-of-climate-change

Johns Hopkins professor of bioethics establishes that since Europeans create so much more pollution than Africans, the only ethical thing to do to protect the environment is to gradually depopulate Europe and then give the land to African refugees

He is a fucking idiot.

does he expect the africans to just live in europe at african standard of living?

If climate change really is going to be as bad as they say, we should just kill all humans now in order to prevent it.

Switching to nuclear and renewables should be the first step . Anything else is just political propoganda by the capitalists

>implying (((green energy companies))) aren't run by capitalists who want government subsidies
How naive are you? You're the one drinking up the propaganda

>depopulate Europe and then give the land to African refugees

that's exactly what's going on right now with the Kalergi Plan

And Europe's carbon emissions are going down.

It's working.

>the only ethical thing to do to protect the environment is to gradually depopulate Europe and then give the land to African refugees
This. A second Africa is just what the world needs.

>Not if you say:

>the third world

>Then I'd agree with you.

A single American produces three times as much pollution as a single third worlder, and that doesn't even count how the developed countries export pollution by basing their heavy industry in China.

China is exporting their pollution to Africa.

Once I realized that climate change is just going to be pushed as another way to justify white genocide, I stopped caring whether it was real or not. Either way every nice white country on earth is going to turn into a third world shithole.

I'd rather live it up now than conserve a world dominated by 80 IQ shitskins

>complaining about edgy jokes
>on Veeky Forums.com

cut all food aid to foreign nations.

population will stabilize in about 10 years.

No. Destroy China, middle east and India first.

Most of Latin America is already below or at replacement level fertility doofus.

Why do Amercans think Latin America is some Africa-tier warzone? A couple of countries are on par with Europe in living standards, another part is on par with countries like Turkey (say Mexico), and the really shitty parts are on par with South Africa at worst.

I would and could gladly kill any of you effete amoral nihilistic misanthropic autists to secure the right of my children to follow their biological imperative.
And yes, I chose to reproduce, because unlike you faggots, I understand the importance of the human race (preserving the races with the highest IQs), as we are the only animals to date (and possibly even in the universe) with ANY chance at saving this doomed little rock and lives (not just human) upon it.
And to those of you I clicked, to whom my promise does not logically apply. I would advise you take the same stance and anyone who even so much as threatens to take away your or your offsprings rights to reproduce freely, kill them.

its just media coverage and bad /pol/ memes. those countries certainly have problems, but from the way people on pol describe them, you'd think you would be shot on sight

>t. sub-90 IQ brainlet

Why not just try and link childbirth with economic class. Most of the prevalent non-white minorities in the US tend to underperform economically, so we could have some humane way of managing our demographics, both ethnic and economic, that simultaneously serves the interest of sustainable society. This is something both the left and right could find common ground to turn into policy I think. The right because they want to sustain the country's ethnic demographics and the left because they want to sustain the ecosystems.

>people actually believe the world is overpopulated because of foreign aid

Overpopulation is a symptom, not the cause of poverty. People living in poverty with no social mobility tend to have more children because a large family is the only source of social security available. People have fewer children when they have access to other means of protecting their familys' interests.

As living conditions improve, population growth rates slow down. There is no need to panic, the problem will solve itself.

Even the worst African hellhole will be at replacement level by 2050.

>okay for a steady climate
Jesus bloody fuck, just choke yourself you pretentious nigger.

We've been trying this for decades in India. Providing positive reinforcement to the poor to have fewer children has not been as effective as it sounds. Most poor families just choose to have all their children at once after marriage, and then opt for a sterilization. The outcome is that the effect on population growth of the program is subdued, and instead of spreading childbirth out over decades, many families have a harder time managing many children at once. It has an effect, but stuff like cultural reform and access to contraceptives is still the best bet for managing growth rates.

No. The problem isn't too many people, it's that technology isn't advanced enough.

That would probably be a really shit way of doing it. Why not just invest into infrastructure for other energy sources like nuclear?

The biggest population problem is shitskins.

China, India, etc.

The disease and other problems comes from niggers.

/tips fedora

>And to those of you I clicked, to whom my promise does not logically apply. I would advise you take the same stance and anyone who even so much as threatens to take away your or your offsprings rights to reproduce freely, kill them.

This is really all there is to it. Rule of law based on protection of individual liberty works in the western world because this is the only practical alternative (now that there is a precedent of this societal structure).

>Problem that is most widespread in nonwhite countries
>White politicians virtue signal about them constantly and want to tank their own infrastructure for marginal improvements
>The white man's burden is to self-flagellate over issues we're actually pretty far ahead on
>TFW Norway is shutting down airports people actually need for marginal climate improvement while China continues to spew pollution like Nurgle's rancid asshole
>TFW white people already have the lowest birthrate
>TFW white countries already take in the most refugees
>TFW white countries are the most progressed in gender equality and racial equality
>But it's still
>Never
>Good enough

Westerners please don't have kids because of climate change.
Guys we need an open border policy because immigrants do those jobs and give them better lives also racism

result no white people

Is this another fake quote that the likes of /pol/ made up? They sure do love impersonating people.

Because most of what we see of latin america are the cartel violence.

Brazil is 15th in the world for homicide. the USA is only 108th.

South Brazil is pretty safe, as well as the Southernmost countries... you shouldn't make generalizations, like I said.