I'm around page 200. when does this get good?

I'm around page 200. when does this get good?

paeg 1 ur just a feggit

/thread

no but seriously. all that's happened so far is a funeral. some walking around. some thinking and a trip to the library. when do you begin to care about the characters?

Did you read A Portrait?

I find this passage particularly beautiful. It highlights Joyce's love of language as well as how readable he could be while also being poetic. It also shows how much he loved people. The more I read about Joyce, the more I feel like he just wanted to communicate something about the common human experience and simply what it feels like to be a person who can love and yearn and feel pain.

>Bogogetedy boogity boo, O you a cat o'nine tales named Sue, ate the porridge worped in wusted floom. Yammahamma llama, said she, hooking a larm. Cook a cucumber for a Cambridge Loon, my dear, rust and shame. Dire deacons erasing along the pantry. Kirk! Kirk! Turk it from me and Old Joe Rogen, the pippity pods casting along the perimeter of the pond, lakey-like and wound.

Incredible.

no. just dubliners.

It's always good, but Circe is the best chapter.

I'm a intermediate English speaker, is it a good book to improve my speaking, or i'd better try something else?

you'd better try suicide

LE TRICKED YOU XD

pretty rude desu

fuck

No, It'll fuck up your learning process. Try reading dubliners or something.

If you are expecting that sort of shit you better go ask for recommendations on /r/books

A couple months after you finish reading and someone makes a thread like this and you get to call them a pleb.

page 201

>he fell for the meme

it gets good for plebs at round the halfway point

When you do

>when do you begin to care about the characters?
when you stop judging books by autistic standards like 'character' and start thinking about aesthetic proficiency

Got another one boys!

finished chapter 1 today and enjoyed the whole thing.

shit gets old fast desu senpai