What are your favorite books that are never talked about on Veeky Forums?

What are your favorite books that are never talked about on Veeky Forums?

Everything Shirley Jackson wrote, specifically "we have always lived in the castle" and "the haunting of hill house"

Theyre like if Stephen King wasnt complete ass

My exagmination round his factification for incamination to reduplication with ridecolation of a portrait of the artist as Manzoni

I liked the haunted house one a lot

Infinite Jest

Ready Player One

my commonplace book

As a matter of fact this is one of his minor works, this guy wrote better books in godly prose, yet I never see him discussed on Veeky Forums at all. Still, I found Prospero's Cell supremely comfy and soothing at a point in my life when I needed just that.

Hard to find something better in german language

Comfy and exotic

IDK, all of them?

The only books Veeky Forums talks about are

Dostoevsky novels
War and Peace
Infinite Jest
Pynchon
Greeks (and this only ironically)

>tfw I still haven't memed Hangsaman hard enough
Hangsaman is good; you should read Hangsaman

Poor imitation of Borges's Pierre Menard.

Could say similar things about all of Eco's work really.

Aw yeah, I love that book.

Sad that Morbus Kitahara is so similar, but I haven't read his new one (Cox oder Der Lauf Der Zeit)

I get Cox for christmas :)

Feeling the comfiness right there

Not sure if they even talk about The Blue Nowhere but I really loved it.

60 Stories (a short story collection) by Donald Barthelme, midcentury pomo ruseman

:^)

Oblomov.

It's memes but very few people have actually read it here. It's my favorite book of all time

It's memed all the time**

Infinite Jest

I love me some Graham Greene, especially his travel stuff like The Lawless Roads and Journey Without Maps.

Why doesn't anyone ever mention this drunken gentleman?

A Single Man by Isherwood. I post it every once in a while. I think people that liked Stoner would enjoy it.

He's on my to-read list, any advice on where to start with him?

I dunno, the two I listed are entertaining. He's well known for The Power and the Glory, maybe start there. He was a practicing catholic, so beware of some religious themes. A Burnt Out Case is good too. All his stuff is really accessible, fun to read. Even when his plots are shit, which happens somewhat frequently, his voice and characters make it worthwhile. Good luck.

Satantango
Tropic of Cancer
Probably both too Veeky Forums for Veeky Forums.

ive seen bth on here you fkin hipster

I liked the film by Tom Ford

Not a big fan of Henry Miller from what little I read. What's so great about him?

t b h , never heard of the other one..

He's the torchbearer of Rimbaud and Celine, Tropic of Cancer is more akin to prose poetry than the novel, which in my opinion needs to go out anyways.

Satantango in general is probably the best narrative work of literature since Gravity's Rainbow. as is Melancholy of Resistance. All other novels are quite boring.

I don't doubt it but I browse pretty often and see them maybe once a week mentioned in passing in a reply. I never see a Henry Miller thread (he's /ourguy/ btw) and a Krasznahorkai thread gets 2 replies before disappearing.

Frost in May quartet
Katherine Mansfield's stories and diaries
Comic work of Saki, Stella Gibbons, Molly Keane, and Nancy Mitford

American Psycho.

So good

Are you female? Just wondering..

Yeah, no one ever posts that

could people actually post WHY they like a certain book? also good choice with naipaul

IDK the Greeks had a pretty nice plethora of ideas and themes to go off of. I mean, it's a meme for a good reason.

Well, here goes nothing.
>My diary, desu.

ree

I haven't seen Veeky Forums talk about Ibsen much. I could talk for hours about A Doll's House and Hedda Gabler. Maybe I'll make a thread sometime.