Movies

What's the best film adaption of a book that you've read?

That Jesus flick with willem dafoe

Solaris

Blade Runner. Managed to turn a terrible book into a great movie.

My Diary Desu

Don't know about the book, but The Exorcist is a favorite of mine

lol look at that smug bunny

Non-ironically love this film.

Nah, managed to turn a nuanced human story into hurr durr is he a robot or not?

Fight Club. I think it might be the only adaption I've liked more than the original.

kill yourself.

Un homme qui dort is good, closest to a Veeky Forums movie we have, also kurosawa did a bunch of movies based on dostoy themes which are good.

The hungry games
:^)

You tried.

That one's great but I haven't read the book

I like Welles' The Trial

I agree, Do androids dream of electric sheep had a lot of personal nuance that the film misses.

For instance, it doesn't spend the time with the protagonist to establish his world's complex relationship with AI.

In the book there's a whole spiel about the social strata indicated by your artificial livestock.

The film doesn't touch on what having a robot sheep grazing your roof garden says about YOU.

I'm gonna be a genre pleb for a sec and say Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, it's pretty incredible the amount of information that got condensed with so little exposition.

>also kurosawa did a bunch of movies based on dostoy themes which are good
His adaption of The Idiot is one of the most boring films I've ever seen in my life

I realllllyyyyyy hate your kind

un homme qui dort is trash, the really pretentious kind that that the french specialize in

It did a great job at capturing the feel, themes, and emotional weight of the book, with very little of the source material lost in translation to film

Jurassic Park, I reckon

Not perfect, and there are some scenes from the book that I would have loved to see in film (the waterfall, MOTHERFUCKING ROCKET LAUNCHER MULDOON, poisoning eggs)

But honestly I can't say which I like better, the book or the movie

Fuck the Lost World though, literally Eragon tier adaptation

I am an unapologetic fan of the Luhrmann Gatsby.

At any rate, film adaptations of books that I thought were better than the book... The Godfather (and part II), The Shining, and Thank You for Smoking immediately come to mind.

>kill yourself.

Is this because 1. He has read and watched something written by palahniuk?

2. He liked a movie adaptation of something?

Or 3. You're a buttfrustrated dipshit manchild not worth loving and so there is no middle ground between "i disagree with your choices/perceptions" and "kill yourself"?