What would have Socrates said about abortions?

What would have Socrates said about abortions?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/health-30742774
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arete_(moral_virtue)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"Let's drink it"

'Why?'

He was atheist scum. Subverter of tradition. The first cultural marxist

"Why not?"

still better than a weaboo cuck like you

>cucks calling others cucks
hmm.... they're learning....

I don't remember Socrates saying something like that in the dialogues.

hmm... mmh hmm

Abortion is non-virtueous cause god forbid it, or they forbid it cause its non-virtuous?

He wouldn't have said shit b/c he would have got his shit rocked

abortion is immoral but not for the reason most people think it's immoral

thats how iwould respond

"I know nothing about abortion."

Read the Republic you dummy. He suggests that children be raised communally, without the parent's knowing which kid is theirs. He then suggests that the inferior children could be left somewhere secret to die by exposure.

wow that's fucked.

"What is the true nature of abortions?"

Nah that's radical, brah

It may be fucked but the idea that Baby/child's life was valuable is a relatively new phenomenon in human history.

Abortions would be a practical idea to him. He lived in a time when people walked past crying newborns in the trash like we moderns walk past homeless bums and nobody cared.

You sure look like a man who knows abortions, do you mind explaining the nature of abortions to me?

If you were to bread birds or hounds, would you be careful to breed from the best?

I feel cold after reading his post. I feel sad now for some reason.

I'm not christian but grew up being taught every life is valuable. And didn't socrates preach that it is better to suffer injustice than to inflict it? Isn't leaving a baby to die injustice? If you had the power to stop an injustice wouldn't it be just to do so?

define your terms

Nothing. His "arguments" are all negative ones. It's like you haven't read Plato.

might want to consider

Hippocrates was virulently against them to the point he made his students promise not to perform them.

I would bread the fastest, or the most fleshy, or the most obedient. Hardly the best.

this is exactly what he would say

So we may say that you would not breed them indiscriminately?

this

>all these people talking as if abortions weren't a common thing in ancient greece

aren't you guys supposed to be literate?

What is an innocent babe like you doing here?

fuck the greeks i don't support the killing of anyone at all. Fucking hell Socrates was hitler!

The Republic is always good for dividing the cucks from the men.

Eugenics is one of the few modern-day redpills remaining, and even then, not necessarily. The idea that Humans are somehow magically immune from the laws of nature and breeding is absurd.

With the rise of 'designer babies'/etc, it's clearly making a comeback. Just a pity that it's in the form of nihilistic vanity.

>'designer babies'

What did he mean by this?

bbc.co.uk/news/health-30742774

Brace yourself.

How does being white and blonde conform to nature?

How is man the only animal in nature not to have an ideal type?

what is the ideal type of crab nigger

Because we have the power of reason.

Check mait y

One with BIG MEATY CLAWS for eating, obviously.

Everything has a virtue. For example, the virtue of a knife is too be sharp. The virtue of a man in the Republic is too fulfill his role in society. For example Socrates says that the soldiers who are the best in battle should have ample opportunity to reproduce.

Also the Republic doesn't advocate super zealous eugenics by infanticide; iirc it was primarily or only for babies who shouldn't have been born anyways.

>Everything has a virtue.
Is virtue just qualities? Why must reality be enslaved to categories?

>Is virtue just qualities?
This is the Greek word used for virtue:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arete_(moral_virtue)
It is different from the way we use it. It could also be translate as "excellence."

objectively beautiful. Also Europeans were the most prolific civilization in modern times, no one would hate other races if they were peaceful/civilized etc