What do you think about psycholgy Veeky Forums?

I think of it as a branch of philosophy rather than science.

Think it could do with another o haha

Reached its peak with psychoanalysis.
Reached its nadir with behaviorism.

It played out its meme dialectic and is now in a post-relevance living death.

>Social """""""""science""""""""""

lol rekt

It suffers from an extreme lack of geniuses. Always.

i think its p cool

As someone who's been in the system for thirteen years, I can tell you that it is all bullshit geared towards perpetuating a corrupt ineffectual industry.

Essential

System of what

Is he alive?

System of a down.

Psychology means nothing to me.
>BTFO

Epik xD

"Mental health" UK specifically - the drug based treatment model is big here - basically, if you have brain problems they'll stick you on drugs and try to sweep you under the rug.

Nothing that hasn't been covered earlier or better in either fiction or religious literature. (((Freud))) was a decent essayist, not a scientist -- a product of his time, and lots of his insights can be found synchronistically in other literature of the era.

>nadir

Apologies, next time I'll limit myself to words found in Harry Potter

Just watched this video. Brutal as fuck. Some comments on bestgore said they weren't even Turkish. Probably just some boys who tried to defect that they decided to use for a propaganda video. Felt really bad when one of them started screaming.

A framework of ambiguous and interchangeable terminology used to defend philosophical and theological assumptions and call it science.

I think its a repressive tool of capitalism and the homogeneity if perception. That said, everyone in this thread besides has zero concept of contemporary psychology or, im, guessing, statistical modeling. This is like sitting in the back of a psych 101 lecture with people who wear their sunglasses everywhere

I find it interesting that I got several dubs and trips twice today and that made me genuinely happy despite having things I'm working towards in life that also make me genuinely happy.

Internet superstitions can have a legitimate placebo effect. In other words meme magic is real.

Also dubs

hasn't neuroscience btfo behavioral psychology?

jesus christ dude how is speculative narrativization the peak and rigorous empirical investigation the nadir like what are you smoking

behavioral psychology is a branch, not a doctrine
why would one mode of investigation btfo a different one?

I wish literature would fucking get over Freud. Most of theories are not taken remotely seriously anymore by psychologists and probably shouldn't have been in the first place and yet pseuds still incorporate "freudian psychology" into their books.

More like syndrome of a downs.

pseudoscience studies almost exclusively by grossly insecure women visibly uncomfortable in their own skin. they believe it will provide them with a real life equivalent of a cheatbook, but never once think to look inward.

I currently work in the field and let me tell you it's all a load of bullshit. As anything relying so heavily on self reporting would be.

It's medieval as fuck. If you have any sort of problem they give you a chemical lobotomy via meds.

-t. Schizo

You sound pretty coherent for a schizo. Maybe there's some good in those meds after all.

Absolutely relevant.

I must admit, it is a thought which occured to me too. Now i wonder why i doubted the voices, i am clear.

>Felt really bad when one of them started screaming.
Really? Cuz I felt bad when THEY WERE SET ON FIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!1!!1!!!!!!!!!!1

>jesus christ dude how is speculative narrativization the peak and rigorous empirical investigation the nadir like what are you smoking

Because one acknowledged the empistemological absurdity of trying to quantify concepts that are ficticious, indiscreet or are straight up inaccessible.
Psychometrics are a complete joke and with that goes all its scientific credibility

Pseudoscience at best, witchy woman wittering at worst

>using nadir
>not using zenith

>private events don't exist

Because "rigorous empirical investigation" literally meant turning subjects into objects

check 'em.

overrated as a discipline. it is obviously fundamental in any serious inquiry but useless or even harmful by itself.