How do you eat a dumpling...

How do you eat a dumpling? Ive never had one but am going out to eat with a group for a girls birthday and she mentioned she really likes them at the place. I told her I love them too but have never eaten one and don't want to look like the autist I am.

you put it in your fucking mouth, take a bite and chew it. Are you retarded?

Bite a little corner, drink the soup. Then just eat it.

t. Chinese

for most dumplings you pick them up with chopsticks, dip them in a sauce of chili paste and soy vinegar (they provide these at the table for you to mix in your bowl to your own taste) and eat them in 1-2 bites depending on size and shape

the only exception to this is soup dumplings or 'xiao long bao' as shown in your picture. these dumplings are filled with hot liquid soup. the way to eat these is to hold them on a spoon, nibble a small hole in the skin to slurp the soup out of, then eat the dumpling whole with or without the dipping sauce

>chopsticks

t. Xiang Chang Wong

OR you could have told her you've never tried one an explained how excited you are to try it. Since she likes them so much she would probably be glad to share that experience with you...You fucking autist.
Fuck I've never had one and really want to now.

Isn't there stock or broth inside, so you can't just bite it?

This it what Im looking for, someone told me to nibble the top and suck on it like a breast but I think they were messing with me

most dumplings do not contain broth, only one specific type does. you will probably get several different fillings and styles for your group, most of which should be safe to just bite right in to.

Yeah that probably would of been the better route, but I am literally an idiot. I am excited to try one though Ive only heard good things about the place and people eating dumplings in general.

I would tilt it on its side and nibble the corner instead of the top.

Once you have a little opening, that's the point where you were pour in a little bit of vinegar if you like as well

Should I go to the restaurant in question, order and practice eating them? I have been studying the menu religiously even though I will act as if I have never been there or read it before.

shove that whole motherfucker in your mouth and have the soup burst out like a meat gusher

should the dumplings be practice if i plan to perform cunnilings on the girl if things go well

There's really nothing to it. 99% of dumplings are basically just chink ravioli. There's a pouch made of a pasta-like substance surrounding a little ball of seasoned meat or shrimp and vegies.

You just pick it up with chopsticks (or spear it with a fork if you're super white), dip it in the provided sauce bowl, and stick it in your mouth.

No sweetie, I think you're safe there.

absolutely, make strong eye contact with the birthday girl as you shove your tongue into the dumplings so she can see how good you are

>he doesn't know how to use chopsticks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nobody sane is going to judge you for eating a piece of dumpling, jesus christ.

Just ask if it's a dumpling or a soup dumpling For normal dumpling just fucking eat it. For soup, bit the top off and slurp some of the soup out, then eat it.

fucking weebs

>sweetie
Im a male

i'd rather be a weeb than a redneck

how fucking autistic are you you fucking cuck.
OH GOD HOW DO I FUCKING EAT FOOD

Sorry for trying to not look like a fucking retard. I bet you eat tacos from the top of the shell like a fucking barbarian.

Why would you lie to her in the first place you numpty. Wow how do I eat one of the worlds most simplest foods!

The fact that you put "taco" and "shell" in the same fucking sentence proves YOU as the barbarian. Good luck getting your dick sucked though, make sure she knows the proper way to eat cock first

I thought dumplings only were the soup kind so i didn't want to just bite into one and have hot broth pour everywhere

You PUNCH THEM

tacos come in both hard and soft tortillas, prove me wrong

ITT: What is google and

"Oh I've never had those. How are they?" Whats making small talk, sparky.

Hard shell tacos, or "crunchy" tacos are 100% an American invention. You probably eat them with ground beef too, you fucking autistic loser. Go try authentic tacos you queef.

they exist though, thanks for proving my point

You're never gonna get your dick wet, prove me wrong

shove a maiz tortilla up your ass while the wall gets built infront of you

I can't because you are almost 100% right, i can still dream though

I'm guessing you're thinking of soup dumplings.
I would just bite a bit of the skin off and suck the soup out before eating it. My mom would pour it out onto a spoon and drink it that way.
I'm Chinese.

Excuse me for being an actual chef and knowing my shit, ya numale faggot.

being a burger flipper at some shit small town joint doesn't make you a chef faggot

>Isn't there stock or broth inside, so you can't just bite it?
What? No it's not a sack of liquid. It will have a meat and veggie filling.

Spoons or chopsticks are appropriate

you haven't had soup dumplings?

the fact that you have never encountered a soup dumpling is sad

If it's dumplings then just dip it in some sauce that you can make there or that they give to you and put the whole thing in your mouth.

And those are Xiao Long Bao you nigger
They're basically buns with meat stuffing which are different from dumplings

so what is a dumpling?

If it's pasta-type stuff on the outside, it's a dumpling and you usually eat it with chopsticks

If it's bread-type stuff on the outside, it's a bun and you eat it with your hands

Soup dumpling you are supposed to dip it with a bit of vinegar and put it all in your mouth

I think you are a bit confused, those are soup dumplings. You don't eat them with your hands.

Usually you eat it with a big soup spoon.

Anyone else find this scene really hot? When this alien farts at Jar Jar? The alien just looks so feminine and sexy, and the way it farts and turns to him to flaunt it. Like it's inviting him to get closer for the next one.

I first watched this movie when I was very young and I have masturbated to this scene so many times.

depending on how big of a normie she is and punctures holes into the dumpling. Let the dumpling soak in the sauce, the inside is hot, letting it soak for like 30 seconds lets it cool down and absorbs the sauce flavor. It also gives you time to chat.

Make honorable gesture to elder of table. Sing the song of a thousand dragon. Chopsticku. Do backfrip.

t. Ching Chang Chong

At first you dip it into your butthole, to get that stinky sauce for them, and then you eat it.

>stock or broth inside
Depends on the place. Those are a specific style called "soup dumplings". They were uncommon-to-nonexistent until Din Tai Fung popularized them. Unless you're going to a Din Tai Fung, you probably won't be having them. I reside in Taiwan and I've only seen them there and one other place. Never, ever saw them in the U.S.

t. cleetus from wisconsin