How do you signify your worth against engineers their claim that philosophy, literature and so forth is of no value?

How do you signify your worth against engineers their claim that philosophy, literature and so forth is of no value?

>Engineers
They are children.

I've never felt obliged to.

I don't know any engineers who claim that

I really don't care what their opinion is lol

All the engineers have a man child thinking and are into anime

On some level, it is useless. But on some level engineering is also useless.

c u c k

It can get kind of frustrating when people refuse to take anything you say seriously.

On the plus side, it's humbling.

Ask them to prove it without using philosophy.

>>How do you signify your worth

By refusing to play that game to begin with.

Ignore them and go about your business.

STEM "students" are subhuman lol

/thread

Fight me
But then again I hate most engineers and cs drones, a shocking amount of them mold their personalities around whatever reddit likes. They are Ready Player One personified.
I study astrophysics

If you have to ask, maybe they're right.

>Only an übermensch is allow to work at Starbucks

all philosophical shitposting will be footnotes to this, crumbs to user's banquet, &c

the lacanian judo works: che vuoi? i hear you are saying this, but what is it you are really trying to say? and they are either going to repeat themselves or change the subject, but probably not say anything interesting.

the fact is that if people are declaiming that your philosophy/lit/basket-weaving is of no value it's basically a trap because they think in terms of proof and there may be no proofs for what you are probably & genuinely wondering about. it's why the more you try to respond, the stupider you will look, because ultimately they just want to feel confirmed in their ignorance. when it comes to philosophy the majority of people are cynical & disingenuous toolboxes anyways and Explain It Like I'm Ten is the dumbest fucking bait there is.

foucault had a nice line too: truth is given to the subject at a price that brings the subject's own being into question. if they ask a shallow question, they deserve a shallow answer. the truth drove people vastly more intelligent than fuckface STEMfaggots insane and unless they're fixing your house the only possible response to recursive garbage is to wait for them to ask something that's legit interesting and worth a response. which is unlikely to happen.

silence is in the end the correct answer 99% of the time, because 99% of the time what you are seeing is the metaphysics of production, a symptom, or pure cynicism.

so ignore them. pic related is what they deserve. you have better things to do anyways.

>value
>valuable
dude trees lmao

The rate at which these posts appear make it seem like many of you suffer from some kind of inferiority complex.

Enjoy working at Starbucks.

Art is more important that technological advancements. What is more important o us today, Mozart's music or the cotton gin?

as an engineer, i wouldn't say they're worthless, but if your family is starving are you going to build a farm and a grain silo, or are you going to sit down with your starving kids and examine the treatment of 18th century sexual mores in Bram Stoker's "Dracula"?

it steam engines when it comes steam engine time.

and who made the toy that you're typing this on? children? inb4 the argument that philosophers = natural philosophers = scientists = engineers

That's supposed to be an insult, working on a pretty cozy hip coffee shop, which is bad because nobody can stroke your ego? Y'know one of the points of philosophy exists is so that you can live a life where you don't need that, right? Like c'mon man, you're doing exactly what the people itt are whining about.

what is more important to you today, Zizek's waffling bullshit or the recently discovered cure for viral Ebola?

funny how they always go for Mozart when they want a solid classical excuse.

true

Advances in medicine aren't the doings of engineers, you fuck.

I just was thinking of something near the time of the cotton gin. I live in America, I couldn't care less about Ebola.

Who fucking cares what the deaf think about music?

>starving
>somehow have the resources to do those things

Honestly, me and a few friends alternate. I live at a communal place for a while and work, while they go travel. And then I go travel and they work.
So we take shifts without having to bother our parents too much to stay at theirs and we be bothered by them.
We work shitty jobs, but it gets us paid and helps us to do what we want.

The status job STEMfags do will not satisfy them in the long run, but the experiences you accumulate in the end will.
I wonder what they'll have to reflect on in 30 years, having dated a bunch of status vampire bitches, wearing uncomfortable clothes to impress unpleasant people and working your ass off for a job that furthers the progress of some rich Jew his bank account.

Try as you may, you never shall find a cure for Truth.

>if it weren't for engineers, we'd be starving

This is why we need history teachers

Jokes on you. I don't even have a job. If I worked at Starbucks that would be a marked improvement on my life.

I bet you feel pretty stupid right now don't ya buddy.

I think of it like Maslow's hierarchy of needs. We have to have our basic needs satisfied by engineers, farmers, doctors, etc. before we can have a rich culture which requires artists.

But we already do.
We have satisfied our needs to the point everyone can get fat in a matter of days. Even poor people.
Everything an engineer can do now is add some more efficiency to get more fat more easily.

Interesting how no engineers were involved in the creation of the MRI machine, X-rays, precision surgery tools, machines for synthesis and analysis of pharmaceuticals, or advanced prosthetics.

Typical non-STEM, not thinking before talking.

none of that is medicine you dumb twat

worth is a spook

>thinking engineers wear suits

But like if you're happy with what you do cool. But these threads are fucking retarded.

Oh you're right. They wear etnies, JNCOs and metal bandshirt with a chain to their wallet.

>what is more important to you today, Zizek's waffling bullshit or the recently discovered cure for viral Ebola?

Zizek, a viral cleanup could only help this planet

i don't give a fuck

I just laugh in their faces and proclaim 'all things are nothing to me.'

the 2 cultures can suck my cock

Not that it will sway any of the STEM niggers on Veeky Forums, but culture is the glue that holds everything together, and so much of that is rooted in our written word.

I work in a scientific field but I've surpassed many of my turbo-autist colleagues because I'm also capable of understanding humans in addition to machines. I credit that to my classical education. Algorithms only take you so far.