"I'm smart, but I'm bad at math"

"I'm smart, but I'm bad at math"

There is no such thing generally being smart. If you break it down, your a genius at somethings and a retard at others.

As one of the most powerful and succesful world leaders of today would say:

WRONG.

This is the problem with you "feel good" fags. Because of you words literally do not have meaning. In the past:

Being good at logical reasoning: Intelligent
Being good at sports: athletic
Being good at the arts: talented
Being well-read: cultured
Being good at interacting with other humans: social
etc. etc.

But today:

Being good at logical reasoning: Logical intelligence
Being good at sports: spatial intelligence
Being good at the arts: artistic intelligence
Being well-read: literary intelligence
Being good at interacting with other humans: social intelligence

AND THAT IS ALL A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT.

Intelligence is a word. IT HAS A MEANING. You cannot just stick any prefix you want to it and say "THIS IS MY NEW WORD".

Also, why did the word intelligence in specific get corrupted? Why not athletic huh? Why am I not "mentally athletic"? Huh? You know why? Because mentally athletic sounds FUCKING RETARDED, just like "spatial intelligence".

Alright, brainlet, keep telling yourself that.

smart= knowledgeable of many things

intelligent= high functioning mind

No dumbass, being smart doesn't mean knowing a lot of shit, it refers to how your brain makes sense of that shit.

Retard.

More often than not, if someone is "bad at math" what really happened is that they got turbofucked in the math teacher lottery. A bad enough teacher can make a kid hate the things he's best at.

I can't say for sure, but I'm almost positive this is the case for me. My math teachers were mostly horrible and I'm "bad at math" in that I can't deal with raw abstractions, but if you give me a practical example of it in action that I can poke at a little I have no issue grasping the concept.

One of these days I need to just take a month or two off of work and grind out some online courses to see if this is the case or not.

all my grad buddies in other science fields are smart, and none of them claim to be smart.

the only ones that do say that are often the ones nobody likes; not even their advisor.

>Being good at sports: athletic
Wrong
Athletic refers specifically to physical conditioning.
Being competitive at a sport involves cognitive processes.
We use the term "intelligence" to denote prowess at cognitive processes.
Hence being good at a sport involves intelligence on some level.
Some people want to talk about exactly skills are needed, so what?

>making this same thread once a day to prove a point

>You cannot just stick any prefix you want to it and say "THIS IS MY NEW WORD."
Looks like you need to work on your linguistic intelligence.

Wouldn't it be 'creative' for artistic people, and not 'talented.'
You could be talented at anything. e.g. mathematically talented, athletically talented...
Artistic people are good at expressing their thoughts through a page or through music.

General intelligence is real and it is one of the best known predictors of success across a wide variety of various dimensions. You can of course break up general intelligence into various categories but someone high in one category is likely to be high in others as well. Of course you get those autists who are extremely smart in one aspect and then can't wipe their own ass but this is a very very rare exception to the rule.

>Read Lockharts Lament
You should see math from a different perspective upon reading this piece of work
>Math is a language
Therefore you have to practice, there are nobshortcuts
>Sure some people grasp it wuicker but it doesnt mean you shouldnt learn and enjoy math
>If you are in HS you just make it trhough to college
HS is a shitshow but after you reach higher lvl of math it gets really nice
>But remember not to stop learning
You might not completely unserstand a subject but in time with practice you should
>If you think you are bad becouse you have bad grades get ur shit together you probably did one example and quited

Meritocracy must die. Everyone is equally valuable.

This man speaks the truth!
Weeaboos and black hairs need to get off the planet.

Sue your teachers. C'mon do it. Sue them.

Bad math teachers don't belong in this world. They're like muslims.
Useless as fuck and they know it, so they try to take everyone down with them out of anger that they're shit.

Maths alone is the most useless degree you can possible get.

If you have very high visual intelligence but poor verbal, you'll be bad at math but a logic god.

Most people tend to be even with verbal and visual, though.

>Thinks he's smart.
>I gart uh twalve on Mai eye queue test iam gud at spayshul awareniss
>Doesn't actually know anything.

Kind of applies to me, the math ive used has always been more or less self-explanatory fiddling around with numbers and i've only found it interesting when applied to physics. Or where does one draw the line between being good and bad at math? I just cant be bothered to learn any in-depth math since i have all the formulas i need in 1 book and good calculator is all i need.

Where does math get actually difficult? Im just a mechanical engineer and ive never veered that far from course materials. Is there some kind of meme-difficulty-tier-list for math? Just out of curiosity to take a glance.

I used to be top of my class at maths. By the end of school I was mid-tier. My verbal intelligence remained at the genius level. Am I a brainlet or something? Will my verbal reasoning follow my numerical reasoning?

Apparently serious math is pretty much the dividing line for me... there are few areas im familiar with after that and i can grasp some of the concepts on quick glance but, yeah... when the stuff gets too abstract and doesnt deal with anything "substantial", my comprehension ends.

It comes from the left. Lots of them are so insecure about their own inteligence that they have to redefine inteligence just to they can be comfortable with themselves. This is just like how they redefined racism. If you get called a racist and you bring up the dictionary definition of racism you'll get laughed at because to them that definition is archaic. They redefine racism so that all white people can be labeled racist; they redefine intelligent to everybody can be intelligent.