What is your favorite piece of fictional media about cooking or food?

What is your favorite piece of fictional media about cooking or food?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=trbHdayluLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hemingway's description of cooking food... I forget which Nick Adams story it was...

Big Night is the only correct answer

Any meal from the Redwall series, though thats of course not the main focus.

some guy recommended me this manga last thread and it was great.

I loved those as a kid. not furry

was one of my favorites when i was younger.

I've always been partial to this fable. I've even wondered about attempting to do it in real life. Just drive into a neighborhood I don't know with a giant soup pot, build a fire to cook it over, and solicit ingredients to see what happens.
youtube.com/watch?v=trbHdayluLA

And then the cops come along and arrest you for chopping down someone's ornamental hedge for firewood.

A better fable to try would be Hansel und Gretel.

There's a fairly crappy science fiction series called "Sten" (title of first novel in series), The authors have several complete food-prep scenes in each book, with full step-by-step recipes. The nice thing about them is that the recipes are all things that I'd enjoy eating, e.g., a steak sandwich described as "cholesterolcide".

Fictional food from monster parts is fine, too.

Wrong board, weeb.

wrong website baka

God of Cookery and that

>Veeky Forums is an animu website
Weebs believe this.
Retards.

>8879801
newfag

A decade ago this would have been true. Veeky Forums is a mainstream as Facebook at this point.

>

Veeky Forums has always been full of normies though.
I count myself amongst this number.
Weebs are fucking morons.

The hikikomori type weebs that post here have anxiety attacks speaking to a drive-thru microphone, obviously it's going to attract the worst Veeky Forums has to offer. 90% of this board is 18-23yo, in college, and lack even the most basic of cooking skills. Veeky Forums was/is never good in general.

That's a photoshopped image that originated on /b/.
Further proof you weebs are fucking gullible and dumb.

>too new to search archives

fucking idiot, it happened on Veeky Forums

It never happened, retard.
You need to lurk moar, newfag.

I'm reading the thread right now. Literally just search the archives instead of regurgitating memes and parroting what didn't happen.

Don't ever respond to me again unless you have something to contribute to the thread.

Stop derailing the thread you fucking idiot.

Babettes feast will forever be the GOAT and if you haven't watched it you have to do it right now.

Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume, the plot and characters are as much diabetes-inducing as the pastries featured within.

>chinese paedophile cartoons on Veeky Forums.
wtf happened to this board?

Dungeonmeshi and Oishinbo.

I don't think they translated Oisinbo so you might have to know Jap moonrunes or Chinese moonrunes if you want to read it.

The best part of ASOIAF is the endless descriptions of feasts

newfag phoneposters like you happened

>iPhone normies complaining about food-related manga on the cooking board of an anime discussion forum
wtf happened to this board?

First two sesons of Hannibal

I remember seeing some volumes of Oishinbo at my local bookstore years ago. Looking it up, it seems like random volumes were published by Viz.

>random volumes were published by Viz

What an odd thing to do. The best thing about the series is it's long run and host of different food related cases.

I started reading it too after seeing it mentioned last thread. I'm still not done with it but I love it so far, there were some parts that reminded me of my first year in the business.

THIS ONE IS PRETTY GOOD.
is there any other manga about actually restaurant industry rather than retardo over the top tournament cooking?

Godly

YOU ARE ON Veeky Forums YOU DUMBFUCK

Inb4 FROM SUCH A HEIGHT

Ditto

This thing has like 400-500 chapters and only the first 150~ are translated, and that is probably all we'll get.

A shame too because the artist is really good. His newest series pic related isn't half bad and has plenty of qt naked animu grills

The obvious choice.

I've seen this thread a bunch of times over the past few days. What the fuck?

Anyways, this was my jam when I was in high school. I paid $10 a fucking volume and I'd do it again

>I've seen this thread a bunch of times over the past few days. What the fuck?
Weebs my friend.
They get absolutely everywhere.

Captain Prentice's banana breakfast

My problem is it getting deleted repeatedly, actually. I'd rather talk about cooking in fiction than a Jack thread with the same reposted webms or a McChicken thread.

The moderation here has been more schizophrenic than usual lately, they're either introducing a lot of new mods, or they're experimenting with new unwritten rules

Nobunaga No Chef
Yakitate!! Japan
And your picture.

I'm reading this. How legit is it? Will the other cooks beat the shit out of me if I get hired by a fancy restaurant?

Not OP, is it something similar? Food Wars was unironically my favourite anime I've ever watched.

This

Addicted to Curry is a great manga with plenty of fanservice to boot.

>they're experimenting with new unwritten rules
I don't know why the fuck they can't be upfront with this shit.
Like Hiro said there can be one thread on board meta; So why does the OP of any board's meta thread ALWAYS have to be a screencap of that post just so mods don't "forget" that and delete it? Why is Global 8 still "complaining about Veeky Forums on the imageboards may result in post deletion and a ban"?

Veeky Forums was nime based initially and it's always going to have a weeb vibe on every board, hell things are more weeb in a way since moot left and let hiroshimoot step in

Im pretty into Ramsey's kitchen nightmares

>Veeky Forums was/is never good in general.
This.

Fucking oath

>anime discussion forum
Fuck off.

You are so fucking new holy shit.

Too bad secondo stopped getting translated. Some group should really pick that up.

>8 layers of carbs with a titty on the bottom

>muh magical waiter

I wanted them to focus more on the food.

kitchen nightmares.

Koufuku Graffiti is the only cooking series I can remember reading. The main gag is repetitive but all in all I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I'm sure they get back to the food eventually.
>muh sicilian mafia cookout