Hey Veeky Forums black guy here. Lately I've been reading up on critical race theory and wanted Veeky Forums opinion it

Hey Veeky Forums black guy here. Lately I've been reading up on critical race theory and wanted Veeky Forums opinion it

If you don't know what it is my understanding of it(poorly) is that the actual racism thats going on is when a poc/minority gets hired its based on them filling a quota of being that race/gender instead of actually being right person for the job.

I don't agree with much i've read about it so far tho.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PKpH-yrW1kY
youtube.com/watch?v=rX_h3vczc7Q
politico.com/story/2013/08/opinion-jason-richwine-095353
youtube.com/watch?v=Nw2dZIDLxbM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just do whatever man.

If someone wants to give you money for being black, take it. Or don't.

None of this matters.

I don't care about your /pol/ shit
I'm here for books

I would not recommend a black person go to /pol/. In fact I don't recommend anyone go there.

It's shit. Read this instead.

thanks Will buy it now.
yeah that is true money is money
oh I'm sorry if this came off as /pol/ tier Just wanted educated opinions from anons

>thanks Will buy it now
Don't waste your money.

Hey, POC here. Anyone else dealing with post-traumatic stress after cis white males oppress and body shame you according to euro centric beauty standards?
My white friends (allies), however educated they are, can never truly understand, any body-positive POC here working through the same trauma?

Hello /pol/

don't meme the thread pls :(

is it a bad book?

t. fat nigger

>black guy here
Nice bait. GTFO

>Hey Veeky Forums black guy here
>critical race theory
>poc/minority

critical race theory is just a manifestation of white people's innate pathological self-loathing and guilt

It's about the heritability of intelligence. So naturally everyone's got a hot opinion on why it's either trash on the gods honest truth.

>I don't agree with much i've read about it so far tho.

guess i'll just pirate it thank you!

wrap your nignog 9000psi lips around dis shiiieet, f.a.m.

Cultural Marxist hogwash.

I think people spend too much time on social media, and are given a false reflection of reality in which there are only two extreme sides, neo-nazis and literal social revolutionists. In real life things are much more tame, and seeing those stereotypes in a bar is fucking laughable.

>le Internet only gives you one side of le story xD
Why do Redditors always say this? Most people irl are bland liberals/moderates who use Facebook. It's a good thing that we have lots of spicy opinions on Veeky Forums.

It's unfalsifiable pseudoscience based around minority resentment and white self-flagellation that seeks to correct an inequality of outcome rather than an inequality of opportunity. Think of it as an academic band-aid for economic incompetence and cultural mediocrity

>None of this matters.
>arm chair nihilist
Literally the worst kind of person. Fucking kill yourself

>Most people irl are bland liberals/moderates who use Facebook.
That's only because you live in an affluent liberal neighborhood.

62 million people voted for Trump. Blank liberal/moderates is not the average person.

youtube.com/watch?v=PKpH-yrW1kY

Wow, you have bland liberals and bland cuckservatives, what diversity of opinion

youtube.com/watch?v=rX_h3vczc7Q

back when sam was a cuck

He use to be a liberal? I thought he was making fun of himself in that vid

Ah yes, Sam "You Can Run But You Can't" Hyde

/pol/?

He hasn't changed at all. He has always been a lefty. You just aren't paying attention, or are too autistic to comprehend basic satire.

if you want a leftist critique of critical race theory, check out adolph reed

the madman satires himself out of a job. thats some dedication

Did you read his book? Sam Hyde is alt-right.

So when he satires liberals hes actually satiring someone satiring liberals?

>is it a bad book?
It was funded by a white supremacist organization and is based on heavily biased data.

Tons of stuff has been written since it's been out showing how flawed of a book it is. And it's not just a matter of opinion. The book is based on bad, outdated research and isn't taken seriously by anyone in any academic field.

The book is flawed but it's conclusions aren't false.

Not according to the various geneticists, biologists, psychiatrists, psychologists, anthropologists, and other scholars who have published critiques of it.

Intelligence is an incredibly complex trait; IQ is a terrible way of measuring, and a lot more goes into it than genetics.

can anyone rec any books that explore this subject without the faults of the one we're discussing? and by faults i don't mean some of these things i'm reading on wikipedia about there not being a way to measure intelligence, which reek of denial.

Read someThomas Sowell

>Intelligence is an incredibly complex trait; IQ is a terrible way of measuring, and a lot more goes into it than genetics.
How else do you propose we measure it? By accomplishment?

>Intelligence is an incredibly complex trait; IQ is a terrible way of measuring, and a lot more goes into it than genetics.
that's nice what do you purpose as an alternative

something that takes hip-hop and breakdancing into account probably

It's not my job to propose an alternative. All I was doing was pointing out that The Bell Curve is a biased book based on shitty research, which it is. No argument tactic is going to change that.

everything is bias. that's no an arguement the research was well done you just don't like the conclusion

black user here. you seem new.
1. Don't ever fucking tell anyone here that your black.
2. Critical race theory is fucking shite
3. Don't start threads on topics with even a modicum of /pol9k/ memory
4. Learn a skill. Get a job. Don't give a fuck about what anyone has to say about it. No amount of opinionated diatribes can equip you or diminish you; the reasoning behind why an establishment hired you is outside your perimeter. The only thing you need to worry about is being the best at your job and there will be no questioning your position and why you were hired.
My dad was hired through affirmative action and 42 years later they didn't want him to retire.
Make damn sure you're doing your best. Anyone with a theory can go fuck themselves.

>/pol9k/ memory
memery

Man discussing anything race related on Veeky Forums sounds like a bad idea, even on Veeky Forums

That being said, it seems like you're describing affirmative action. And that shit has been debated to the end of the Earth I feel like
I don't read too much about race but what about race related books are you interested in?

How can it be shitty research when it's empirically true?

>inb4 le evil racist white people oppresionz n' shieeeeeeetttt

Double dubs speaks the truth.

>1. Don't ever fucking tell anyone here that your black.

>black user here.

The Bell Curve must be pretty accurate after all.

Trump is fairly moderate. He said some bad words on tv but that doesn't make him some kind of fascist revolutionary lmao

no, they cant

they dont like that african children cant pass the mirror test, so they scream "muh culture" whenever someone mentions IQ.

and they might be right about that, the answers prob somewhere in the middle: both culture and genetics. but thry just reeee and call it biased.

we'll never know until we can 100% understand genetics in a few decades

How do you pair the rise in illiteracy with the Flynn Effect?

There is no right person for a job; only bad management in creating a job so defined.

You do realize it is you who fail the mirror test by saying it is you.

Moderate based on what positions exactly?

There aren't any reputable books on it, because anybody who studies psychology understands that it would be non-sense.

Anybody who tells you intelligence has absolutely no relationship with genetics is on the left end of both the political spectrum and the bell curve. At this point you're an equivalent of a climate change denier if you go around lying to yourself and others about how intelligence is exclusively a product of one's environment

politico.com/story/2013/08/opinion-jason-richwine-095353
This is a good, broad article written by a Harvard-educated PhD that outlines what people WHO ACTUALLY STUDY INTELLIGENCE think about IQ i.e. not sullen minorities with a chip on their shoulder and a lot of hot opinions or self-hating whites with an internet connection

You don't understand the concept of IQ and how it is applied in psychology.

Sam Hyde sticks up for Richard Spencer on Twitter, follows the hosts of The Daily Shoah on Twitter, refused to attend an event with Cernovich and others because they denied Spencer, constantly posts things on Twitter about leftists being fucking retarded, has expressed right wing opinions in his HydeWars serious videos, and made a huge ass Reddit post defending white nationalism.

Get with the fucking program.

>he doesn't realize sam is deep in his performance art

I never actually see anyone "debunk" this book, they just keep saying that it has been "debunked" as if people will believe it has been without the evidence.

Sorry you think someone with opposing political beliefs is funny and that you have to use ridiculous logical leaps ignoring reality to avoid shattering your precious ego.

How so? Be extremely specific in your response

Nah.

>he fell for sam hydes genius marketing
youtube.com/watch?v=Nw2dZIDLxbM

That's what I thought. Merry Christmas

woops, sorry I'm late we have people visiting.
anyways,
>pic related

Merry Christmas you retarded faggots

Infographs and other sophistry belongs on /pol/, you have to actually argue your points here

>he wasn't willing to explain to a retard that he is retarded in extreme detail and therefore I feel validated
lmao kys

>The Mismeasurment of Man

this

That "debunking" was so blatantly ideological and botched that it inadvertently contributed to the Bell Curve's validity

can you briefly explain how?

>critical race theory

I have a scatological opinion of it. It's Christmas though and I promised I wouldn't shitpost until Boxing Day :^)

>IQ is a terrible way of measuring
This is patently false. IQ is one of the single best predictors of life success and is highly correlated to field of work, field of study, and even life expectancy.

>they just keep saying that it has been "debunked" as if people will believe it has been without the evidence.
That's what liberals do with science that disagrees with their narrative. Repeat a lie enough times and it becomes the accepted truth.

>This is patently false. IQ is one of the single best predictors of life success and is highly correlated to field of work, field of study, and even life expectancy.

Except most CEO's have pretty average IQs, explain that, genius?

And that image is a meme, stop posting it, thanks.

or you know you could Google it to check the validity and integrity and it's role in academia, like you should with any other work

>boo hoo not everybody is openly racist in public

There are unsaid borders in an actual social setting. All the reasonable arguments and comments on the internet get drowned, because they are not as shocking or interesting as the extreme ones.

This is completely false. If you think the banal comments you get from normals in real life are anything special you're deluded. Also, being "le reasonable moderate man" is a meme for people who can't deal with actually having strong opinions.

>implying it wouldn't he rejected by leftist academics on ideological grounds
Can you give any sources actually debunking The Bell Curve? I'm legitimately curious.

Nah

Academics believe a lot of stupid horseshit, I don't get how an appeal to academia has any force in 2016.

Protip: the social "sciences" aren't actually science.

IQ is great for one thing, determining the intelligence of an INDIVIDUAL.

You can't apply implications to the results by any genetic quality, or by any ONE quality for that matter, because that would mean ignoring every other possible factor affecting that individual or group. You have to observe every possible influence on the entity, a vacuum where the only differing quality between compared IQ subjects is race and race ONLY simply doesn't exist.

We've also found things that have a much higher impact on IQ, such as pre-natal/early development malnutrition, or breastfeeding of infants by mothers who suffer malnutrition or iron deficiency. These things have permanent demonstrable effects on growth of the brain, and they are more common among groups like sub-saharan africans. (interestingly, whites and asians generally have better diets and are more likely to do healthy breastfeeding, and the racial group with the highest IQ - asians, have the most iron-rich diets consisting of fish/rice/vegetables)
There's also things like education/culture, which is even more ambiguous and complicates it further.

All of the resources in those books (Bell Curve/Richard Lynn etc) are from previously distributed IQ tests, where race is often commonly "self-identified", so even ignoring all of the other ad hoc flaws you aren't getting any ACTUAL information about genetics

The point is that it's totally ad hoc, the IQ test doesn''t care about any of these different things, it only determines intelligence of a single person.
It's totally possible that race/genetics influences intelligence, but you can't use IQ to prove that, it's not the intended design

I've played the devil's advocate plenty of time just to get people to open up in public. Most people in their 20s have dumb opinions that they are self-aware about, and don't really like expressing them. In a large company someone is always gonna get offended on topics like race or social construct, so it's better for most to just stay quiet.

Places like Veeky Forums and reddit, even social medias like twitter trough an algorithm, create an echo chamber that create a reality that's very different from face to face conversations.

I know the narrative that there is a huge civil war going on right now sounds very romantic, but most people just want to get along in a large social circle.

>Herrnstein and Murray were criticized for not submitting their work to peer review before publication, despite presenting it as a scholarly work.[4][7] Many scholarly reviews of the book arrived later. Richard Lynn (1999) wrote that "The book has been the subject of several hundred critical reviews, a number of which have been collected in edited volumes"
c'mon dude. if you're legitimately curious about a subject, step away from a Veeky Forums discussion.

Start with the American Psychological Association's report they did just after the book was released

Places like Veeky Forums [...] create an echo chamber
Are you retarded? We have arguments on Veeky Forums all the time about every single thing. Because of Anonymity Veeky Forums is anything but an echo chamber.

Most people you meet face-to-face have bland as fuck liberal opinions and don't actually think about politics beyond what the MSM feeds them. Very rarely will a discussion with them become anything insightful unless you're a psued who wants to pretend to be le rational Socratic method man.

>Jason richwine
>Anything other than another suit and tie racist alt righter

Most modern examinations of critical theory (not specific to race issues) operate under flawed assumptions and are not, in my opinion, academically valid works. Some are better than others, but the worst of them are horseshit peddled by charlatans.

This should never frighten anyone away from studying the school of thought (or any school of thought, really), but proceed with a wary eye.

Veeky Forums is an echo chamber, not as much as Reddit, but it still is one. Veeky Forums is limited by its format. You will never have insightful, in-depth discussions here, simply because it is not the place to look for it. It's meant for shitposting and quick exchanges of opinions.

I came here to laugh at you.

This is likely a meme post but what you complain about is serious and deserves recognition.

>Hey Veeky Forums black guy here
> the actual racism thats going on is when a poc/minority gets hired its based on them filling a quota

Nice bait.

Literally learn your own history.

It isn't at all. And I suspect you are in fact a meme post.

No I'm being serious myself.

>Except most CEO's have pretty average IQs, explain that, genius?

I can explain it by you being full of shit. First google result:
>Among the Fortune 500, 39% had gifted or higher IQ, with an average of 124

This. Social Sciences are as scientifically credible as the Flat Earth Society.

Reminder that critical race theory is literally social science minus academia

>someone who clearly doesn't understand basic math talking about intelligence