How did Shakespeare write something so incredible...

How did Shakespeare write something so incredible, with such an insight into psychological and philosophical ideas so beyond his own time, whilst simultaneously crafting some of the finest lines ever written? How can one man be such a genius?

he was a real human bean

Perhapseth we are blindedeth by the clinical hallogen lights of modernityeth. Doth thou notseth agree-eth?

THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN.

An understanding of the world around him and of archetypes/roles being the method of human society, it seems. You find that in the quote of his so famous I don't even have to type out.

His understanding of people in roles, and then the grasps he has of those roles, mean that he is better able to play around with those roles in sensible ways, that's how you see Romeo and Juliet go from a thing of Commedia Dell'Arte to a tragedy.

The language is just pure poetry.

If you're curious about his politics look at Henry V, Troilus and Cressida, and Coriolanus.

he smoked weed

I never really looked at "All the world's a stage and we merely it's players" as Shakespeare's thesis statement, but now that you mention it that makes a ton of sense

i prefer "life is a tale an idiot tells full of sound and fury which signifies nothing"

In many senses, Shakespeare is the greatest admirer and sole product of the society that he was born in.

pretty sure "To not be or to be --- the question that is" is better tbqqh

Isn't a big thing with Shakespeare that he can't be found through his characters?

No, remember that famous interview where he pretty much says that all his characters are himself, in one way or another? Delightfully Borgesian, I think Shakespeare was intentionally alluding to him in fact.

Yeah, I remember.

>INTERVIEWER: You've invented so many crazy characters. Which one is your favorite?

>SHAKESPEARE: You know, when I make a character, it's like I've given birth to a child. They're all my children. How do you choose between your children? You can't. One day I might say Hamlet, another day I might say Richard III. It changes every day, you know. It's impossible. I can't decide! Don't make me!

>INTERVIEWER: We won't! But which one of your characters is most like you?

>SHAKESPEARE: (laughs) All of them! I put a little bit of myself in all my characters. They all have a little tiny bit of my DNA. I don't think you can write a character without putting a little bit of yourself in him. At least I can't.

>INTERVIEWER: Which one of your characters would you NOT want to be stuck in an elevator with?

>SHAKESPEARE: God damn that's a good question.

Because he was actually a womyn

10/10

kek

I don't know why we don't talk about him more often. I guess calling some one a demigod gets boring after a while.

Holy...

Is there a video?

Lovely! Merry Christmas
-user

You need to go back.

I want mole..

>>INTERVIEWER: Which one of your characters would you NOT want to be stuck in an elevator with?
Shylock for obvious reasons.