Christmas Gifts

How'd I do, Veeky Forums?

Nobody likes you enough to buy you those, you bought them yourself, didn't you?

cringe worthy. have you never read a book before? why do plebs come here.

117 IQ high school kid thinks he might be a genius core

I've got a Kindle. I'm very happy.

I've never used a Kindle before. What do I need to know, Veeky Forums?

Also, Merry Christmas you faggots and so on

No good?

what is the /tv/ equivalent of that stack

lets see

pulp fiction
citizen kane
2001: a space odyssey
the shawshank redemption
the dark knight

point is, op, the books arent bad on their own. but theyre very obvious and well-liked good books. not cool books.

>cool books

Yeah, I haven't read in awhile and I realized I've been missing a bunch of critically acclaimed novels. Also found the dystopian subject matter of a few of these interesting.

as long as youre motivated by genuine interest in what youre reading, which it sounds like, youre all good

enjoy the books

>Reads any Stephen King other than The Stand

19 years old i'm guessing?

there's nothing wrong with those books but they are extremely entry level, two of them were literally assigned to me in high school

I know how that is baby.

My parents got me the movies, girlfriend got be Labyrinths and the gravity's rainbow.

I bought the other 2 myself.

I'm hoping to open up the new Dekalog set tomorrow

>Dune not assigned in high school
what ass backwards school did you go to?
goddamn, what did you get on your sat? 1200?

Ah, I own that one and the blue, white, red trilogy.

Much luck to you good sir. I'm hoping to open a 4TB HDD tomorrow.

Apart from The Dark Knight those are all great films to get as gifts and only pseuds would complain about them

Meh, Pulp Fiction is garbage and I don't think Shawshank is particularly interesting.

You should have a fun time reading these OP. Someone loves you, enjoy, and Merry Christmas.

That blanket looks comfy af.
Nice pile there, user.

Pulp Fiction is a fun movie

They make a hardback version of Animal Farm? What for? It's like 100 pages.

>babby's first stack

I'd much rather get Dark Knight over Shawshank or Pulp Fiction. Both of those are crap.

I'm sorry but as someone that really likes film, I cannot agree with you.

It does some things well but overall I think it does nothing interesting(or at least that I find interesting). But I just hate Tarantino so you might have more tolerance than I

>Infinite Jest

You got memed.

Do you also browse Veeky Forums?

Get on bibliotik, go ham

how to get an invite?

Fine someone willing to invite you. Not me though, I don't know you from a hole in the wall.

Use bookzz or mobilism. They don't require invites.

>infinite jest
Wow

>TFW gf got my the anarchists cookbook and programmed to kill for Christmas
>TFW I'm not even joking

Your opinion is objectively wrong

Learn to read. This os a literature board after all. That said I have a hardback copy of old man and the sea because thats my favorite book and i prefer hardback. The binding is thicker than the pages

Thanks for the recs. I don't know anyone on bibliotik but I haven't really looked.

Pulp Fiction is cheap gangster entertainment and aint as hip as it once was, but Shawshank is and always was objectively filmmaking garbage.

Bib is very difficult to get into. Don't waste any thought on it. The two sites I gave you are the best. There's also "library genesis" (google it), OpenLibrary.org, Project Gutenberg, and your library's Overdrive.. They should have pretty much all the most popular books out there. If you still can't find shit, you can make a request on Mobilism, or on or on a request thread on Veeky Forums.

Also, myanonamouse is pretty much as diverse as bib but it's super easy to get into

Shawshank is a masterpiece

r8

>shawshank appealed to a wide audience therefore its bad

Actually 20, yeah Animal Farm was assigned but 1982 wasn't, guess they couldn't find it separate
Yeah all they could find, I don't really prefer hard nor softcover
Already read The Stand

not KJV/10

Infinite Jest is entry level? Since when?
Ever?

>girlfriend
Good one user

>tfw when no Borges buying gf

>Using a sham test as a metric to judge oneself and others

Hey, neat. I just finished reading that same copy of GR the other day and read the same copy of Faust earlier that year. Good taste, user/anon's gf.