Are there any observable things in nature or scientific facts that run counter to the theory of evolution and are their...

Are there any observable things in nature or scientific facts that run counter to the theory of evolution and are their any skeptics in Veeky Forums of evolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S89IskZI740
youtube.com/watch?v=tNHU5KOI9lQ
vixra.org/abs/1602.0132
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_paradox_(paleontology)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protoavis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no.

go to class. read textbooks.

youtube.com/watch?v=S89IskZI740

>mfw reading american textbooks that are about 10% accurate

Wtf? Americans can read? I thought all they could do was eat.

>like stars n shit
>friend knows i like stars n shit
>friend sends me this link
>make the mistake of click
>make another mistake by reading a few comments

youtube.com/watch?v=tNHU5KOI9lQ

>are their any skeptics

Welcome to Veeky Forums, Christian Shill.

What do stars have to do with evolution? Are they giant space fire flies or something?

>believing in magic
You have to be 18 to post here

There is not just one theory of evolution. So you could be skeptical of a theory but still believe in evolution. But it usually refers to Darwin's. Darwin actually offered ways to prove his theory wrong. Which seems quaint in today's popsci. But is how you are actually supposed to fucking do science.

I absolutely destroyed Darwin's theory here. Also, I destroyed everyone who is always yelling about how evolution is the true history of human kind.

>The Truth About Evolution
>vixra.org/abs/1602.0132

>Darwin's theory
Ok then, what about the modern or extended synthesis?

The fact that we've witnessed evolution happening since Darwin's time cements the fact that it is real.

You have to be 18yo to post on Veeky Forums, kid.

>DNA
What about the fossil record, ya doof?

It's possible for Darwin's theory to be wrong and a theory of evolution to be correct. Something could prove Lamarck's theory correct or that both can occur. And some parse out a difference between Darwin and Wallace.

>0 comments
You took the world by storm, user.
Don't let anybody hold you back!

I like Flat Earth threads better

Which part of the theory of evolution? That men and apes share an ancestor? Or that evolution happens in general? Because the second is just fact. Observe the domesticated dog. We did that. new generations do change over time and whether the selective pressures on reproduction are artificial or natural when they favor whichever trait, evolution will occur.

The man and apes thing, fuck it. That's a fact too. I can't defend it as eloquently, but fuck you if it isn't obvious to you and sky fairies seem more plausible.

The theory of evolution is living things get better over time to become more sexually successful. Even non-living things like viruses and Ribozymes evolve.

>better
>to become more sexually successful

"Better" in whatever circumstances led to its success, but not actually better in any net sense.
and
They don't evolve "to" become more sexually successful. They evolve because they were more sexually successful.

I was being incredibly broad and basic in that definition. Bringing up natural selection would have added another 4-5 sentences.

Did anyone actually read this?
I just finished a seminar class focused on scientific writing and it made this extra hilarious to me.

of parts yeah.
But evolution as a whole has mountains of evidence now.

There's been a couple of fraud missing links.
A couple others that are within breeding distance of modern animals.

Also, it seems like you could almost draw arbitrary spectrums and trees of life based on similarity, especially if you're missing huge gaps in the fossil record.

>observable things

Well, lack thereof. No one has observed speciation. No one has produced any relevant models of one trait that has been selected or eliminated. No one has observed the "fittest" do anything but destroy their environment and eventually themselves.

A few, but they usually get debunked sooner or later

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_paradox_(paleontology)

No.

the fact that the world is only 65 million years old.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protoavis
>it is impossible to tell what animal this was
>we know for certainty that this is a chimera
>both of these theories have terrible implications for scientism
>as does the notion that birds existed in the late triassic
>as does putting the damper on this fossil and many like it

It works! It's settled! Bitch!

>we've witnessed evolution happening since Darwin's time

Many such cases indeed.

The second law of thermodynamics mathematically proves that evolution is a lie.

See

When i'm feeling down, i always read som hep article on vixra