Why didn't Schopenhauer kill himself or advocate suicide?

Why didn't Schopenhauer kill himself or advocate suicide?
Was it because he believed in God and was afraid of an eventual afterlife?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/pessimism/chapter3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i've only read on women idk

He said the natural urge to prevent self harm was too great in most people to overcome

I doubt the Government would have tolerated it. 19th century German kingdoms were certainly not too tolerant. Being an Atheist was hard enough, going full Ligotti would have landed him on the Index.

>In my chief work I have explained the only valid reason existing against suicide on the score of mortality. It is this: that suicide thwarts the attainment of the highest moral aim by the fact that, for a real release from this world of misery, it substitutes one that is merely apparent. But from a mistake to a crime is a far cry; and it is as a crime that the clergy of Christendom wish us to regard suicide.

cause he was a cynical fucker who knew that despair is not what life is about but that it is a perverted form of a perfectly normal aspect of human life, which you could simple call the dark or mysterious, analog for instance to the chinese yin.

he grasped this and wrote his faggotry knowing that people in his society were denied open recognition of this human aspect, and wrote about it in a caricatural way expecting to be taken for some sage or what do i know. which in a way happened in his late years, but i think it was not worth it, he wanted it right away when he could enjoy it. and he pathetically tried it and retried it patching his work over and over across the reeditions.

similar faggotry happened with cioran. he lived happily with his wife in paris, writing for idiots who took him seriously, just as if some fag were to take a piece of theater for reality.

Why don't you read him and find out?

godamn lit. godfkin damn.

So my whole life being shit was just a prank? Whoa, Schopenhauer and Cioran, you totally got me lol

>Human life must be some kind of mistake.

I don't now about Schopy but Cioran wasn't a happy person. Not extremely unhappy either but certainly not happy.

I love the smell of memes in the morning

I live an outwardly happy life as well until I start speaking honestly.

You'd be better off judging someone by their writings than the mask they wear towards the world.

So his cowardliness was just natural.

So he made it his mission to make everyone else just as miserable.
Yeah, typical edgy worthless piece of shit. I've met plenty. What a creep this guy was.

If you niggas had any idea about him you'd know why.

Nobody here knows what they are talking about because they haven't read Schops's ethics aka his most important work.

He is against suicide because he believes that in its most common form it is an expression of life affirmation: I value life so highly that if it doesn't result in pleasure I would rather not exist.

But he also says people commit suicide for a great many other reasons and each case has to be judged independently

G*rmans never kill themselves.

>Yeah, typical edgy worthless piece of shit. I've met plenty. What a creep this guy was.

Yeah pretty much, that's why anyone who isn't an edgy loser prefers Hegel

>Hegel
>Another meme appears

itt: weak intellects that can't overcome the will

Yeah, like it's even possible to do so.

Why don't you read his essay about it and tell us?
ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/pessimism/chapter3.html

>suicide is illegal

How the fuck are they gonna punish the culprit?

By the death penalty, not even joking look it up.

Not anymore in Freemerica