So I just unwrapped this in my stocking this morning

So I just unwrapped this in my stocking this morning

What am I in for?

you're about to get a huge redpill shoved down your throat

bowtie man le redpillio

I couldn't believe my ears when I saw what he wrote about Mongols

It's pretty good

If there is something comparable to the ignorance of the humanities towards exact sciences is perhaps the ignorance of hard scientist to humanities.

Knowledge is plain, ignorance is deep.

Wait what? Did Nye write an HBD book?

It will be undeNYEably good.

makes you think, glad he has come to his senses

what are pc1 and pc2

It's basic stuff, but he explains and illustrates well. I liked the bit about the mosquitos in the tube station.

what the FUCK, bill nye?

PC stands for Principal Component, it's what you get after doing PCA or principal component analysis. It's a method of dimensionality reduction. What it does is it takes data in many dimensions and "distills" it down to fewer dimensions while minimizing the loss of information. It's useful for clustering or visualization. In that chart, they've (probably) taken entire genomes and PCA'd them down to two dimensions so they can be plotted on a 2D chart.

That's a big think.

>That's a big think.
Or perhaps he is wondering why anyone would belief such a thing before thinking about it real hard? It is extremely stupid.

4u

A TV celebrity writing about something they're unqualified to talk about.

Same as Dawkins/Hitchens/etc.

>A TV celebrity writing about something they're unqualified to talk about.
Indeed, how can a scientist talk so disgracefully about HIM, when there is a long tradition of theologians who know HIM so well.

It is a shame what the world is turning into. I pray and ask for forgiveness for what we have done. May He forgive us or destroy us in His anger.

an associate's degree in graphic design

>Getting this triggered over a nobody with a BA in Engineering

Except Dawkins is an actual scientist, with published papers in nature and shit, and Hitchens is an actual philosopher, and I suppose he have whatever credentials you need to be a philosopher.

Bill Nye is just an engineer.

>Hitchens is an actual philosopher, and I suppose he have whatever credentials you need to be a philosopher.

It really shouldn't matter who he is or what his credentials are.

Ignore the fact that this is from Bill Nye, for now, and ask yourself these. Is what he's saying worthy of consideration? Do his points have merit? Is the evidence he is presenting to support his points sound? Is there any obvious bias or variable here that has been left unaccounted for on his end?

>credentials you need to be a philosopher.
You're an idiot.

>It really shouldn't matter who he is or what his credentials are.

>Is there any obvious bias or variable here that has been left unaccounted for on his end?
ABSOLUTELY. He is a heretic and probably a satanist. Of course he is biased. Listen to Him and be not misguided by serpents like Bill "Deviance" Nye.

If someone is presenting an idea, you look at the idea first and judge it based on it's own merits.

If the idea stands on it's own, then it stands on it's own. If it doesn't you look at the person who presented it and in what context they were presenting it and ask yourself why it doesn't.

To be blunt, it doesn't really matter if someone doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about if they end up being right regardless of that. I.E. If someone says 2*2=4 without knowing what multiplication is it doesn't suddenly mean that 2*2 isn't four.

"ok"

What is this supposed to represent...

still the same species. PCA is done all the time on the same species, either testing different guilds or morphs