At some point we didn't exist. Individually speaking. We weren't alive. Then we were conceived and brought into life...

At some point we didn't exist. Individually speaking. We weren't alive. Then we were conceived and brought into life. Then we die and are basically at the state of before we were born again.

Is there a chance that we can somehow be brought into existence again? After all it happened once

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/919819/giant-neurons-from-the-claustrum-found-wrapped-around-mouse-brains-could-explain-the-biological-origin-of-consciousness/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds like wishful thinking. I doubt your exact self would ever come into existence more than once because of the role of quantum randomness in the brain's development.

eternal return?

I didn't mean that your exact self comes into existence again. I meant that at some point you could be alive again

eventually there'll be another big bang which will lead to this exact moment. you've already made this thread an infinite amount of times.

>Is there a chance that we can somehow be brought into existence again? After all it happened once
We are brought into existence again, but not in the same shape we currently have. Our atoms will either be rearranged into another lifeform or free chemicals wandering in the universe.
I do understand that by being brought into life again you mean being born again. In that case: the chance is 0. There's literally no object in the universe that, after decaying enough, will be again exactly like it was, and there's no reason for it to be different for us.

Why would you care?

That implies that there is a (you) independent from your body/the information contained therein. Which is dumb.

This assumes that what you take to be the self is distinguishable from us as bodies. In other words, you assume a duality between body and soul. I see no reason to take that stance.

Your body undergoes alterations while you think that you preserve self-identity

Oka Hachirou is dead & he won't come back. He could be copied with ease, but it's not the same.

Your body has nothing to do with you. Only your neurons (or rather, the electricity inside them) do. Notice you can't feel or sense anything before its converted into electricity. If you could obtain that electronic signature, yes, it would be you.

I don't intuitively understand why this is necessarily 'dumb.' There is more to your interactions on the internet, for example, than the information contained within your network card, networking drivers, or protocol stack implementation. These contain the machinery required for interaction, but they do not completely describe said interaction.

For the record, scientific inquiry requires more of a justification than '...which is dumb.'

We're trapped boys.

And your neurons aren't a part of your body? Moreover, the reactions inside your body that give rise to cognition are a product of the body. Consciousness is intrinsically linked to the body.

You aren't supposed to intuitively understand it. It is unintuitive for humans to understand that they are just jumbles of atoms interacting and that their consciousness is not something like a light that gets turned on and off. Your consciousness is an emergent feature of those interactions, it does not exist prior to them or after them.

>consciousness is not something like a light that gets turned on and off

But apparently it is

qz.com/919819/giant-neurons-from-the-claustrum-found-wrapped-around-mouse-brains-could-explain-the-biological-origin-of-consciousness/

>During the treatment, however, doctor Mohamad Koubeissi and his team accidentally found what seemed to be a consciousness on-off switch in the brain.

All of the events that led to your existence would have to be replicated exactly. So yes, as long as you recreate the universe from scratch.

All people are born with empty brains just like you, you can say they all are you.

>and are basically at the state of before we were born again.

No.

I don't think you understood the analogy. Your consciousness does not simply get turned off when you die to be tired in later, it ceases to exist.

Gantz is the best.

I have lived for 298103 years on this planet.

What you call life is an experiment my species is collecting data on. There is no greater meaning to your life beyond this fact. When I am bored I shitpost on Veeky Forums.

>make a bunch of unfounded assumptions
>define absolutely nothing
>hurr, why can't I find an answer?

>be brought into existence
Why wish this upon us again?

Well after the Buddha statues, then shit got real.

It doesn't work like that. There does not need to be every permutation of matter-energy combinations to ever possibly exist. In fact, there's a good chance that this is the only version of the universe where life exists. An endless loop of shitty dice rolls is more of a possibility.

On a side note, read, "War Eternal" series by M.R. Forbes. It has a near take on this.

>8888888
>