Which would be the best option if you could only have one?

Which would be the best option if you could only have one?
Toaster oven
Deep fryer
Rice cooker

pic unrelated

deep fryer no contest

I'd go with toaster oven, just because it has the most versitility.

toaster oven.
>deep fryer
Cast iron pot
>rice cooker
3qt saucepan.

rice cooker. it can also be used as a steamer. is she supposed to be one of those avatar aliens or mystique?

>toaster oven
oven

I think mystique because of the yellow eyes

He said you can only have one appliance.

no, you made that up

I think a toaster oven would be the biggest difference from the alternative

>if you could only have one?
>have one
>one

give me an oven over a rice cooker anyday.

definitely toaster over

the deep fryer is the most convenient compared to deep frying on the stove

>have one
>of these three things
>i'll take (a fourth thing that wasn't on the list)

what's it like being retarded?

a rice cooker is so absurdly easy to use

because rice is absurdly easy to cook

>not on the list
>oven
heh.

I'd definitely take a rice cooker over the others. I don't fry things very often and I can never cook rice well or consistently in a pot. Toaster oven is useless to me entirely.

OP here, I should've mentioned I do already have an oven and stovetop range.

>toaster oven
buy/make better bread and toast it in a pan
>deep fryer
what is a deep fryer and what is stopping you from deep frying in a pot?
>rice cooker
if you can't cook rice in a pot, go to the kitchen and figure it the fuck out, rice is cheap

don't get any of those things. save money and get an electric pressure cooker if you're going to get an appliance.

Toaster oven, I have never not had one and I barely ever use the real oven because of it.

But then again, the fryer can do things neither can, while the standard oven can do anything the toaster oven does. So I'm torn.

deep fryer is the most useful thing on the list
>fine temperature control
>stores the oil when not in use
>handy fryer basket

>deep fryer
>fine temp control
show me one that does? Most are shitty and can't rebound as well as a lodge cast iron pot and a gas flame. I tested this with my thermopen and my lodge does better with temperatures than any fryer. Lodge even makes fryer baskets to fit.

>I can never cook rice well or consistently in a pot
How? Why? If you can make instant ramen on the stove you can make rice.

Basic jasmine rice making. Rinse/wash twice. Toss in pot. Put index finger on top of leveled rice. Fill with enough water to come up to bottom of first finger joint. Bring to boil for 2 min. Lower heat to min and leave covered for 15 min. Don't open it, don't touch it. Just leave it be. After 15 min, take lid off and eat.

It really is that easy.

Personally toaster oven, but this is completely up to opinion.

>first finger joint bullshit

STOP IT! you're making rice making needlessly vague and depending on the dimensions of the pot you use and your finger this may or may not work at all

use a 1.5:1 - 2:1 water rice ratio depending on how firm you like your rice

What is it with people on this board not being able to cook rice?

It depends on what you'd be cooking most often? If you're Asian probably the rice cooker, if you're 600 lbs and black the deep fryer, if you're planning on eating a lot of toast and hot dogs a toaster oven...

Why not just us a cast iron pot for deep frying?

>Most are shitty
... Don't buy a shitty one?

>you're making rice making needlessly vague
gives a %25 tolerance for water ratio.

>literal weeb/otaku/NEET discussion forum
>nobody can cook
>everyone thinks they need a rice cooker

are you really surprised?

If I had the counter space for any of these id go with the toaster oven. The other two can be easily replaced by a pot on the stove. And yes, I know you can use the oven but the amount of time saved by a toaster oven makes a big difference.

>show me on that does
doesn't show me

t-thaaaanks.

... no, I guess not.

I'm not sure what your trying to say. user claimed most are shitty. This implies some are not. Did you really expect me go look up reviews for you?

The non-shitty ones are commercial and too excessive for the home kitchen. I thought you had insight that would dispel the idea that there are no non-commercial deep fryers worth buying, but you were just shitposting. carry on.

Why would you assume all that when I was very clearly just pointing out a contradiction in someones post? Da fuq is wrong with you?

>implying actual figures and room to adjust them based preference is a bad thing

just keep dunking your greasy hands in your rice pot, filthy pleb

Do I already have a regular oven/stove and pans?
If so, rice cooker.

If this is my only option for any appliance, toaster oven.

i have no idea my dude
I had a roommate that would always use a rice cooker because it "cooks better" and the bottom of his rice cooker pot would ALWAYS have this layer of burnt rice
I always did stovetop rice in a pot on simmer and it would never burn and always came out great

p much this

Toaster oven, it's the only appliance I have. I can even broil a steak in it.

Is it necessary to add butter/oil/some other fat to a rice cooker to prevent sticking?

Anniversary gift from work?
If so just get the cheap watch user.

>if you're 600 lbs and black the deep fryer

black people shallow fry, user. smdh

I'd go with the unrelated pic.

>The non-shitty ones are commercial and too excessive for the home kitchen.
Just playing devil's advocate here mate. Pic related is a commercial, non-shitty fryer that I think would get along just fine in a home kitchen.