>go inside pic related
>everything is twice the price on amazon
>they won't price match
>no used books
>'buy a nook tablet and play candy crush now'
>hipsters behind the counter
>shitty "coffee shop" inside store
>everything smells like stale muffins
Why haven't they gone out of business yet?

makes you think

Because its like the Starbucks of bookstores. Overpriced shit and it's hip and popular to hang out it. Ironically enough, the Barnes and Noble near me actually has a Starbucks inside of it.

>mfw there's a half priced books across the street from B&N
>mfw people only go there to buy manga

First time in a bookstore?

Hunger Games, anime books and minecraft toys :^)

Because people like you still go there despite knowing there's a better alternative.

my barnes and noble smells amazing and has an incredible philosophy section. Other than that I agree with you

They lose money almost every year and are definitely starting to hurt, but they were on top so long that they have enough investor backing to keep fighting. I only go in if I'm looking for something totally new, which I then order from Amazon later, art books, or if I'm in a hurry and don't want to wait on shipping.

half of the Chapters stores in Vancouver have closed. I think the ones that remain get by on sales to the middle aged computer illiterate demographic.

If your Barnes and noble is 'hip' I weep for your social life.

You know where we are, right?

I have no social life and I enjoy Barnes and Noble. Hell, I go there weekly desu.

I go in Waterstones here in the UK solely to take pictures of books that look interesting and buy them online later.

One of the staff saw me doing it other day. They didn't say anything but I'm sure they knew people like me are the death of the high street.

I wish I could use Amazon. Postage to where I live is like 60$

Last time I bought books on Amazon half the pages were blank.

>has a Starbucks inside of it
Wrong. It's a Barnes and Noble cafe serving Starbucks coffee.

Trust me, I briefly dated a girl that worked there who constantly corrected me about it.

it was sarcasm, lad.

>not shopping at your local used bookstore

>tfw my local used book store is in a town an hour away

Are you the guy who bought my diary desu?