Post shit related to literature that you want, but you can't afford

Post shit related to literature that you want, but you can't afford.

(Pic super related)

Other urls found in this thread:

19thshop.com/book/trisram-shandy-signed-sterne/
m.ebay.com/itm/HISTOIRE-ROMAINE-1725-20-volume-set-FOLDING-MAPS-Rome-ROMAN-EMPIRE-Coin-Caesar-/381536979674?hash=item58d5604ada:g:uXcAAOSwJb9WsZAZ&_trkparms=pageci%3A67040c48-ccee-11e6-ab42-74dbd1804bea%7Cparentrq%3A4520db881590a6063784b9b0ffce2218%7Ciid%3A3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i want to own all the books, but i can't

There's a copy of Lunch Poems out there signed by almost every New York school poet except Frank O'Hara (it was signed after his passing) and I fucking would love it but it's like, twelve grand or something.

rated 3/5

why bother

literally who the %$^& would spend thta much on a few books?

Fuck you plebs

Jesus fuck :^0

People with money to spare. If I had $5,000 right now I'd be ready to buy those fucking books.

i want free shelf and food so i can sit and read all day

Delet this >:^(

so did you read them or what

Did you mean shelter?

free shelf fucking lmfao

all i need in life is food to sustain myself and an infinite amount of cost free shelf space that i can place my books and brlongins on
haha

Complete Balzac human comedy in english

Womemesleys Gibbon is the best Gibbon. But I bought them quite cheap. Buy the Penguin version of 3 volumes, its paperback but afforable. all in all it costed me 80 dollars including shipping. Pic related

Yeah its paperback and a fat one, so it might broke down, or cover might be damaged but I'm just in it for reading and so should you.

Wish they had an online version.

of course not i just found that picture on google.

A cracked spine is preferable, desu. It's the literary equivalent of a fifty mission cap. In fact I employ a team of manservants to read all of my new books until they're well worn. Only then do they go on the shelf.

>96p
>more than a dollar per page
Looks like the collection will just have to stay unfinished, unless Penguin does another compilation.

Why not get the Everyman edition for under $150 on amazon?

>entire norton critical library for only 1500 dollars
FUG
Someone talk me out of this.

do it faggot, you are gonna waste that money anyway

>can't afford to pay $100 for a hardcover
maybe you should exchange your tendies for currency

a gf who loves me

Well, I could probably swing it, but I could also get several books four times that length for the same amount. Just seems excessive desu.

le feels xD

>Just seems excessive desu.
Well, that's the point of spending cash on excessive shit. You're not supposed think too much about it and just hit that mf 1-click order button bro

Fuck their books are A E S T H E T I C too.
If you see a post of a bookshelf of nothing but Norton Criticals in a month, know you caused this you faggot.

I will be proud, godspeed my consumerist whore.

Si objetivamente sabe que puede leerse al menos el 80% de esos libros en menos de 10 aƱos. DO IT FAGGOT.

That looks worse than the Everyman I have though.
What's the 7th volume?

How would you remember these books though? I have such a difficult time remembering nonfiction, especially when it comes to dates and names.

The only way people remember anything: take notes and reread. Also, find places to talk about it online. Keep it fresh in your mind.

Typewriter.jpg

I'm looking for a typewriter but they're too expensive. Am poor "writer" and I need the money for college, alcohol and cigarettes so I can't spend much on it.

The affordable ones are either portable typewriters I hate, or they're rusted, half-rotting pieces of metal with keys that might or might not work.

Tfw you find one in a neighboring country for cheap but the shipping's too much and your one rich friend with a car smashed his windshield with a brick because of a dare

Nigga please!

I want most things from Thames and Hudson. Fat chance, though. Here's my Gibbon as long as we're doing this.

Posting muh Gibbon. I got a French translation because my grandpa was Veeky Forums as fuck, but also Belgian.

fffffffffffffffuck that's white hot fire flames

DELET THIS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There's a set of Gibbon like the ones being posted at my local bookstore for under $100, I think it may even be $50ish. It's not the recent Penguin one, nice big volumes.

Have you tried Abebooks for similar?

That about sums it up

where do you buy this? i remember seeing a page somewhere before that talked about how you can order the whole thing but i can't find it anymore

This is actually not as expensive as I thought it was. Might get it now

>not getting the cheaper heritage press edition with the great spine art

no one has read that series cover to cover
theres nothing you cant get from googling your problem, or from buying a far shorter algorithms book that only has the most relevant ones

although if i had the time and money id love to go cover to cover on that series

Think I'm gonna get this

19thshop.com/book/trisram-shandy-signed-sterne/

Damn nigga that's spicy right there
Blows my 7 volume hardcover out of the water

oh the columns are declining

kek how deep

>almost $25000 for six books
But why?

gibbon was a faggot

Used ones on Amazon go for $500. Maybe one day.

I have a rule of not paying any more than $15 for a book I can read for free online. What justifies this price?

I have the ML edition

>25000

Bragging rights granted by disposable income. Bragging rights to who? No one knows. "I paid $2500 for a set of books." "Wow, so it's like a small library on a topic? How many books did it come to?" "Six. Six books." "You are a fucking moron." "Well, I guess you can't appreciate the finer things in life, user."

If you spend $2500 on a set of six books that aren't bound in endangered leather and signed by the author that wrote them by hand 150+ years ago, you are a fucking moron. There is no debate on this. There is no justification for it.

>Buying used books that aren't for throwing away after reading

I would have to personally visit the seller and inspect the condition.

is the typeset fucking huge or what lmao
>t. shandy

>being poor

laughingveblen.jpg

Get off lit if you can't appreciate the finer things in life.

>prole gets mad that I can afford my swanky 7 volume hardcover set while he has to suffer with a shitty ePub from bookzz
Laughingpatricians.jpg

>Search for Dostoyesvky on Amazon
>Sort by highest price
>$7777 for a paperback large print 2007 edition of Brothers Karamazov
>This is Volume 3 of 5-Volume Set. To purchase the complete set, you will need to order the other volumes separately

The fucking Red Book by Jung

I know someone who does. Allow me to save you some time and money.

>it was climate change

Why do plebbits and clits care so much about Gibbons? His work is so outdated and biased that you would learn better about the 18th century in which it wa written than about the later roman empire.

I want the entire Halo novel series in hardcover.

There, I said it.

Halo is all atmosphere..
Soemthing about this idea of massive geometrical structures of an advanced, forgeten civilisation buried beneath the surface of the earth is pretty aesthetic

Which other Ligotti books are in your collection? I have this one, and I'm willing to part with it if you're a ~real~ fan who won't turn around and sell it.

Is that paper? I can't stand the warm leatherette crap most of these books are made out of.

Famous literary types from the 1800s & 1900s wanked it off so it coasts along on past glories.

m.ebay.com/itm/HISTOIRE-ROMAINE-1725-20-volume-set-FOLDING-MAPS-Rome-ROMAN-EMPIRE-Coin-Caesar-/381536979674?hash=item58d5604ada:g:uXcAAOSwJb9WsZAZ&_trkparms=pageci%3A67040c48-ccee-11e6-ab42-74dbd1804bea%7Cparentrq%3A4520db881590a6063784b9b0ffce2218%7Ciid%3A3

Totally worth it desu

I thought gibbon was a meme and his works were outdated? Any better books to read on the rise and fall of the roman empire?

got the first volume of that edition (used) for $5

I want the Loeb Classical Library. About 840 books, complete surviving Greek and Latin works, both in Original and English translation. 10000 Dollars, not even that expensive. The color scheme is shit though.