How do I recreate a McDonald's hamburger at home...

How do I recreate a McDonald's hamburger at home? I already know how to arrange the ketchup and mustard in the right pattern, and the rehydrated onion flakes are easy. The problems I'm having are the consistency of the patty, the pickles, and the bun. What brand pickles and buns are closest to the real deal? Also, can an average supermarket grind my beef finer than they already do?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

bushostelreykjavik.com/last-mcdonalds-in-iceland/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10015137/McDonalds-hamburger-looks-the-same-after-14-years.html
epicconstructions.com/mirror/mcd/
seriouseats.com/2016/02/the-food-lab-why-mcdonalds-burgers-never-rot.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whoopsie, I meant CHEESEburger. Is there a good brand of American cheese, or do I get it from the deli counter?

The brand of pickle isn't what's important, it's how long you let them degrade on a paper towel sitting on your counter.

Get kraft singles and keep them at least a few months so they get stale and a little firm.

Kraft singles are totally different. They're really sweet and milky.
They come in a big vat (guessing about 1/2 gallon) and they sit in their own juice until being plucked out and placed lovingly onto a freshly-warmed bun.

A helpful hint: the patties weigh 1.6 oz. before cooking, or about 45.4 grams for the Eurofriends

I would say old English Cheese, The patties are 10to1 which means 10 patties per pound that should gelp with amount of meat, ive been told pic related tastes like their pickles.
I used to work there in Australia tho, I assume you already have an idea on the buns
Ps; this took 50% of my internet data to upload

You will never find cheese similar to the lemon cheese of McDonalds

Your only option is to go there and ask for an individual slice

50% of your data? My condolences. I don't see how something labeled as "sweet-and-sour" would work. McDonald's pickles aren't sweet at all.

I think the issue is that I can taste the dill too much in the Vlasic pickles I used for my last burgers. They were also too crunchy, probably due to the crinkle-cut texture. I need some lightly flavored, soggy pickles with a very thin skin that aren't crinkle-cut. Do I just have to make my own?

First, have colitis.

Second, take two pieces of cancer and shit between them.

Third and finally. Get AIDS and die.

What is lemon cheese? Is that a reference to the color, or do I need to somehow make my own American cheese with a squeeze of lemon for a bit of extra tang?

That's really unkind of you. I just want to recreate a fast food favorite at home with slightly more wholesome ingredients.

You can try running the ground beef through your food processor to get a finer texture. As for the pickle I've had luck recreating a Whopper by using Mt Olive Simply Pickles Kosher Dills.

I like the food processor idea, but I don't have one. Will a few quick pulses in the blender work?

As for the pickles, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give Mt. Olive a shot

Get imitation process American cheese product,
Shit on the bun and pat it into patty shape, assemble.
Voila

>Burgers with fine grind beef
For the love of god, why would you do this?

I'm trying to recreate McDonald's burger patties, silly. I explained this in the first post. I've heard that when they thaw out, they lose their shape and turn into a fine slurry. I'm thinking that the finer grind leads to a softer texture, even when cooked well-done. Trying to cook all-beef patties at home with a normal grind leads to a coarser, tougher patty. It's also difficult to get a completely uniform, thin patty. I'm guessing that finely ground beef would produce more consistent results. Of course, if I wanted a home-style burger with a nice, thick patty and all of my favorite toppings, I can do so easily. I'm trying to find out how to replicate a specific product.

The reason you won't ever be able to replicate any fast food restaurants burgers is because they all have their own proprietary buns. Studies have shown the bun accounts for something like 70% of a burgers flavor. There really isn't any commercial bun similar to McDonald's so you can't replicate their sandwiches. Sorry for your feelings.

If this were true a double quarter pounder would have 5 patties

Pick the seeds off the top of the cheeseburgers and plant them in soil, give them lots of water and sunlight.

Their burgers is just something to have with their FRIES. Now there's something worth recreating.

youre retarded
the burgers on the small sandwiches are 1/10 of a pound

the quarter pounders are 1/4 of a pound , of course both are before cooking because they can't be consistent after that.

Some guy named Tony Parle is the sole producer of pickles for McDonalds

google you lazy fuck

We all just going to ignore just how pumped full of chemicals mcdonalds beef patties are?

All the other burgers except for the quarter pounder/double quarter pounders use the same meat. The exceptions use their own 1/4 lb. meat.

They don't thaw out

They get cooked on the grill frozen and since both sides cook at once, it does technically thaw but sears and cooks right away.

no just going to ignore how retarded you are

Doubles confirms. You are correct user.

Go to the supermarket. Buy london broil or chuck roast or some kind of cheap beef that is almost the same price as the pre-ground. Go to the butcher, have him grind that up, it should be free.

No one would be in a Mcdick's thread if they ever thought of that, retard.

Cut and wash the pickles

Exhibit one.

On the left is a mcdonalds cheeseburger. On the right is a real cheeseburger. After 11 days, the mcdonalds burger has not started to rot. Neither bacteria nor mold can eat these things.

exhibit two.

After 145 days of being left out, mcdonalds foods STILL will not rot. They are literally more preservative than actual food.

>145 days

And the rest user

bushostelreykjavik.com/last-mcdonalds-in-iceland/

Exhibit 3

14 YEARS of being left out and mdcdonalds brugers still will not be touched by mold nor bacteria.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10015137/McDonalds-hamburger-looks-the-same-after-14-years.html

Mcdonalds is not real food.

Unless you, too, pay alchemists to save you from ever being sued for selling food by pumping your shit full of chemical and flavorings to mask those chemicals, you're not going to be able to mimic that flavor.

Also kiss your health goodbye as your body gets no nutrients and turns the entire mess to huge amounts of turd waste while only absorbing fat and sugar from it .

>ever being sued for selling spoiled* food

even with those trips you are going to tell me those fries and nuggets look 'ageless"

You are legitimately retarded.

Look up John Cisna.

epicconstructions.com/mirror/mcd/

Try the collection of old school McDonald's recipe above.

>I am the jpeg

>Also kiss your health goodbye as your body gets no nutrients

Haven't you heard user? Nutrients are a government plot to sap your precious bodily fluids.

These "experiments" are the dumbest shit
Of course they don't mold
That's what the preservatives are for.
burr durr gmos bad preservatives bad no chemicals!!! (user never considered that every food on the planet is full of chemicals)

>Home made burger is full of moisture and sugar and other things mold likes
>Fast food dries out incredibly quickly and contains 3,000% of the salt the other one does
Wooooow

This shit right here. You're an idiot if you don't think that doesn't rot because it's unnatural: seriouseats.com/2016/02/the-food-lab-why-mcdonalds-burgers-never-rot.html

heh gud 1 m80

I remember seeing a zip file named something like "secret_restaurant_recipes.zip" in the /g/entoomen library. I'm not sure it will help you but iirc there were a lot of McDonalds recipes in it.

Pan..nice and hot.

>all these rabid blobs defending their precious mcdonalds
groce desu