The more I learn and read the sadder I get. Guys have this feeling...

The more I learn and read the sadder I get. Guys have this feeling? It's just that knowing that there's so much out there

Knowing what's "in there" I think is what saddens us more than what is "out there".

Investigations of the soul will, for better or worse, lead to suffering, if not to understanding.

cool pic btw :)

Consider the alternative. Imagine the reality we live in was simple, manageable, controllable, understandable. Were it so, you would be happy for a while and then bored. Life would be less exciting and less worth living. Learn to appreciate the grandeur and the struggle.

I get sad because of my own stunted life. I'm trapped. I can't get out from this hell and reading just makes me realise all of the possibilities I can never experience.

Yep, exactly right, as long as you believe you're trapped you are trapped, self administered shackles, you poor, worthless soul

Fuck off

Can it not also allow you to realize possibilities you can* experience?

In any case, I think there is something to be said for what cannot be experienced; an allure almost - a yearning to push further the boundaries of what we know.

Practice patience, friend. Keep reading and remember both the torments of doubt and the inklings of clarity that grace thought now and then, if one is attentive.

I bet you wear berets in public and stretch nude by your front window

I really want to punch you in the teeth

Why chase after the wind?

I'm in debt. Very neet. No education.

I have no idea how to escape a perpetual system of low pay labouring.

This. Don't be sad that you'll never experience all of it, be happy that you're lucky enough to experience some of it.

I'd rather suffer trying than suffer giving up.

Step one: Stop increasing your debt, remove all pleasure expenses and focus only on necessities as well as participating in stricter spending practices to stretch your dollars
Step two: Improving prospects, go to night classes, pursue alternative educational options, learn a trade, You cannot live working low pay labouring jobs, you need to develop marketable skills using every bit of your free time.
Step three: Work hard and don't give in to sloth and depression.

I'm rooting for you buddy. The world economy is on the up swing, I hope you get your shit together and ride with it.

Nearly every time I finish a really good book I get this dumb feeling of, "this is it, now I've really read everything that could possibly be good, I'm through with art, there's never going to be anything I like more than x anyway." Despite knowing how utterly irrational that is. What drives me to pick up another book is remembering the feeling I had while starting on the previous one, like -- maybe there is still something out there to discover after all. I have oddly specific tastes and I don't come acrossa a lot of works I genuinely enjoy, but it's not like there's actually this one closed group of ten or so books that appeal to me and nothing beyond that.
There's always something out there, but I don't feel like it's overwhelmingly much. I kinda wish I felt that way rather than like I already know most of it.

nigga go outside lol talk to people lol

That's interesting. Those books are precisely the sort I most love: those that leave me feeling as if there's nothing left to read.

This actually may help too lol.
Commune with people who share your woes.

no your just a saddo falling for the "i'm sad because i'm smart" cope

No, learning fills me with joy. The more I work the sadder I get, because that's time I could have spent reading.

go watch house md or something

>The world economy is on the up swing.

First Brexit, then Trump, soon Italy will return to the lira, etc. Looks more like a downswing. Dark times ahead.

>tfw to intelegent to feel happyness

>the world economy is on the up swing
(citation needed)

Fuck off

The economy has been growing pretty much just on the account of China anyhow.