1. Your field

1. Your field
2. How often do you need to consult Google?

>CS
>every day basically for every task that I do

false flag.

>CS
>"how do I compile in Eclipse"

>CS
>how do i sum primes under 2 million

>sieve of eratosthenes check for primes from 3 to n, start with initial value 2, count every two numbers because no even numbers are prime after 2 -> more efficient sieve
>add any prime values
>print once n = 2 million

>n = 3 + 2k
>when n = 2 million
>when n is even
>n is always odd

brainlet pls go

>nuclear engineering
>literally never because the stuff on google is almost always wrong and i get fired if i make a small mistake. Have fucking 8 books from college at my work desk

He means to not check even divisors if n and only check 2 once
His answer is still shit though but for other reasons, primarily because you can use the upper bound sqrt(n) on the sieve and excluding even divisors is unnecessary as that is basically how the sieve works, once you find a prime, you mark off all its multiples less than n as composite and ignore them

how do you function

>Biology
>For very basic things that I simply don't remember or is actually faster to look it up on the internet rather than in my own notes.

Basically taxonomy, and only when the clade is so know that probably wasn't changed that much.

For biochemistry its very rare, maybe the structure of some aminoacid or its one letter nomenclature(I don't work with them that much to know them all in my head), for biochemical routes I have never used google(except for scholar)

For math I know that I must have done something very wrong if I have to go to google, because I know that I won't find the answer there.

>medicine
>all the time

>medicine
>never

>medicine
>sometimes.

This is your brain on medicine.

1. Natural products biosynthesis
2. I don't use Google but I do search the chemical literature a lot, maybe 3-4 times a day

1. EE
2. Google not that much but government sites I check a lot to see if the laws or regulations have changed.

Its terrible. I have to look everything up in massive ass books which takes forever. They arnt even books you can find online.

Do you think google will lead to people having worse memories in much the same way that the invention of writing did?

Any book about the subject you recommend , user?

The best beginner book would be "Introduction to Nuclear Concepts for Engineers" by robert m mayo.

have you tried libgen? There's only been one time I haven't been able to find a textbook there.

1.Structural Engineer
2. Every day, I keep forgetting the moment equation for a simply supported beam with a point load at midspan.

>not approximating it as [math]\int_e^{2000000}x\frac{d}{dx}\bigg(\frac{x}{\ln x}\bigg)dx[/math]

Thanks, couldnt find the book in any corner of the internet though

the internet is round you brainlet

>CS
>Often, but definitely not for everything

But it is also discrete, so doesn't that mean it has corners?

The internet already killed our attention span so I'm willing to bet that are memory capacity is already regressing to adapt to this technological feat. The one thing we humans do best is adapt so depending on the environment we encase ourselves in, that will slowly affect our capacities for better or worst physically and mentally.

math professor
every day

>CS
>everyday

The amount of manuals you need to read before messing with a microprocessor is amazing. Plus I can't remember every single aspect of multiple programming languages. More than often I caught myself googling for trivial shit.

i fucking hate slogging through individual bits of individual control registers to find the one the does the thing that i need