Was there anything more cringe than when Neil Degrass Tyson tried to just laugh his way thru the first JRE appearance...

was there anything more cringe than when Neil Degrass Tyson tried to just laugh his way thru the first JRE appearance when they covered the various "moon landing" videos for 2 hours and he had a smart remark to explain every fallacy that occurs

yeah the part where neil spouted off nonsense about infinity, proving he knows nothing about cardinalities

why the hell was he bothering to even engage with conspiracy theory pushing morons in the first place is the real question. Speaking of, get back to /pol where you belong.

If they're so crazy, then why do you have to resort to being a condescending twat instead of actually addressing their points? To a third party, that kind of response only gives them more credence.

your cartoon literally has no coorelation to this topic

god isnt real
global warming is a hoax
evolution is real
college is stupid
earth isnt flat
gravity is real

>instead of actually addressing their points
because the points are so stupid to anyone who knows anything that they aren't worth addressing.

I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings but to even take the conspiracy theorists seriously is just giving them a platform and credibility they don't deserve.

>the part when the flag moves when they run past it
>w-we cant see whats behind him!
>it could be a solar flare

it says right there on it "moon landing fake" exactly right for this topic.

It's annoying how conspiracy fags always pick apart everything NDT says like he's some kind of representative for the "establishment science" side, when in fact he's kinda a cringy retard who talks about things he doesn't really understand a lot.

That's actually a problem any time high profile "scientists" get involved in debates about moon hoaxes or flat earth or whatever, quite often they don't give the best rebuttals because they've never actually given much thought to such stupid ideas.

hes the only nigger always on tv

also hes literally softened on the god thing recently multiple times, hes a hack

Explain?

I didn't watch it but, he's talking about cantor's proof of the real number line not being countable, as opposed to say, all natural numbers or rationals (who's set cardinalities are infinite, but mappable in 1-1 correspondence)

Has he really? How so?

I've always had a hunch that his race is more superstitious genetically.

He said that there are more transcendental numbers than irrational number but the transcendentals are a subset of the rationals. And other nonsense about infinities, "There are five infinities". Really retarded stuff.

>I've always had a hunch that his race is more superstitious genetically.
The "genetically" just adds this beautiful "yeah guys I am totally into science and not just seeking affirmation for my racist beliefs"

>complaining about popsci celebs

Who fucking cares about these shits?

Math autism, like everything in this board.

>transcendentals are a subset of the rationals
wtf no they aren't.
Transcendentals are by definition irrational because rational numbers are roots of linear polynomials with integer coefficients.

I'm pretty sure that user mean subset of irrationals and I'm pretty sure NDGT mean non-trasncendental irrational numbers, which would have made him correct. Infinity thing was retarded though.

>If they're so crazy, then why do you have to resort to being a condescending twat instead of actually addressing their points?
this is actually a deep misunderstanding of craziness
there is no short and sweet refutation of any conspiracy theory, because like with all theories (but to an even larger degree), any objection opens up at least one and often multiple paths of response, and this continues branching out to where the debate becomes labyrinthine, with paths that tend to lead beyond straightfoward empirical issues into epistemological ones
a crazy theory is one where these underlying epistemological assumptions and the turns taken in the maze are most of the time unreasonable
conspiracists are simultaneously extremely skeptical and extremely incautious thinkers, and they have a bunch of epistemic vices like that which lead to them making assumptions and inferences that are sometimes very but often just subtly unreasonable
this all makes "addressing their points" into a big task
paradoxically, crazy people are difficult to argue with

Nobody cares about them but they do care about and parrot the things they say.

And what about the people who don't know and believe what experts say? And they get the seed planted without any counterargument that they were fake? That's what culture wars are about.

If you're not trying to spread the truth to people or don't care about who knows the truth, you will lose.

Black atheists are a dime a dozen user.

>evolution is real
bait

a bit like conservative atheists

IF you ever engage with someone spouting psudo-science bullshit the correct thing to do is be cruel and dismissive. Don't engage as an equal and don't get sucked into serious discussion. The fact that you are even giving them the time of day just encourages them.

Rogan no longer believes in the moon hoax conspiracy. Don't know how much of that is due to Tyson but Rogan used to believe in a bunch of conspiracy theories but as the quality of his guests improved, he stopped being so gullible or simply understood that the feeling of being "in the know" was outweighed by knowing most people think he's an idiot.

Rogan does try to justify his earlier stupidity by pointing the finger at publicity photos NASA produced that weren't made on the moon but rather were made pre flight in a studio to educated the public on the moon mission. He thinks NASA used those photos to punch up the boring real ones but hasn't shown proof that NASA ever claimed them to be anything but mockups.

'Why People Believe Strange Things' does a good job of explaining the psychology of conspiracy theory followers.

I think that moon landing conspiracy theories should be challenged legitimately instead of the standard snark response. If only because unlike something as absurd as, say, flat earth conspiracy theories, you don't need to assume a global conspiracy going back hundreds of years to cover up the truth about physics with a replacement that looks like it would work in a universe with a spherical Earth, yet stands up to tests in a universe with a flat one, and you don't need to think too hard to come up with a reason why the truth would be kept secret. I mean, the motivation for faking the moon landing is at least conceivable: U.S. government wants to push a narrative onto its citizens as well as the Russians, assuring both that 'murica is number 1.

'm just saying...

Joe Rogan was just too polite and had too much respect for that quack deGrasse Tyson to call him out on his bullshit. It was clear in some videos, like when an astronauts mysteriously gets yanked up and gets back on his feet after being on all four, that there was some Hollywood fuckery going on. What does the magical negro respond? "LOL DUDE I DONT KNOW BUT THERE MUST BE A SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION BRO, JUST HAVE FAITH IN SCIENCE BRO!". That pretty much sealed the deal for me that the moon landings never happened, the guy is a paid NASA shill.

Wow, someone who thinks critically about the world around him and isnt a smug, pseudo-intellectual brainlet like most of this shithole board, I'm impressed.

Yea, let's just write off anyone who suspects that the people in powerful positions may happen to be lying to us for power, money and prestige, just like the Soviets labelled dissidents as mentally ill and had them interned in asylums. The pseudo-intellectual left-wing, everyone.

>IF YOU DON'T THINK THE GOVERNMENT LIED ABOUT LANDING ON THE MOON YOU ARE INSANE REEEEE

/pol/ everyone.

I bet you think Saddam had WMDs, you smug cunt. Even if you don't I'm sure you will never admit to it as this would be admitting that those reviled 'conspiracy theories' are more common than your brainlet brain can conceive.

That's not what I claim, some people are just too psychologically fragile to face reality, so they bury their head in the sand so to speak. It's a totally natural psychological response.

Irony meet commenter.

Yea drinking the kool aid fucking nerd. Saddam had WMDs, fixed matches in sports don't exist, the Gulf of Tonkin wasnt a deliberate false flag, and claims to the contrary are just conspiracies. Learn more about the world beyond differential equations, fucking nerd.

>epistemological

thats a big word

4u

Saddam and WMD's is not a conspiracy theory, it's just people being wrong. Gulf of Tonkin was obviously a false flag, and I don't see what fixed sports matches have to do with anything.

You are making a ton of logical leaps because "hurr trust no one."

Gulf of Tonkin incident was a thing, so maybe the government did 9/11!

Except they explicitly made sure nobody got hurt in the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and thousands of people died during 9/11. Of course there wasn't a single whistle blower in the entire chain involved in red lighting an order to murder thousands of American citizens to start a war!

sup reddit

Cool didn't know this

he literally said there are only 5 infinities. What the fuck??? if he knows about cardinality at all how could he come to that conclusion?

/pol does, otherwise they wouldn't make 40 threads a day

Fuck off redditor.
>/pol
Wow, it's another redditor. You sure love your le black science man.

>why do you have to resort to being a condescending twat instead of actually addressing their points
because my time on the earth is finite and pic related. Bullshit is easy and free, truth takes time and effort

stop circlejerking people you agree with you fucking reddit faggot

this

>reddit
>>/reddit/

Has he actually done anything noteworthy outside of getting on TV? He seems to be artificially propped up and arguing with conspiracy theorists might be the best he can do.

So much this. You are brilliant.

That's what this whole board is all about, nerds circlejerking with other over how supposedly smart they are. You are the one who needs to go back to plebbit faggot, its circlejerk central. I'm sure your circlejerk talents will earn you lots of plebbit gold and karma.

oh, you stupid fuckbitch...