Should I bother with TBOTS or head straight to IJ? Pic related

Should I bother with TBOTS or head straight to IJ? Pic related

Go straight to TFIOS

On a sidenote: which cover do you like more, the one above or this one?

OP here. Been there, done that. It was aight (it wasn't)

TBOTS is a cute little rip-off of Pynchon and a clear display of potential from a young writer, but unless you (like me) are obsessed with literary dick measuring, I'd say skip it until after you have read Wallace's other stuff.

In think the yellow/blue in the clouds is still the best cover. Something all encompassing about it

The >dfw is like YA hahaha
Meme is unfunny and needs to die

This one?

Yep.

OP here. Thanks, user. Also, do I need to read IJ before TPK or is it totally indifferent?

I kinda like this one.
Way more A E S T H E T I C than the others.

They are separate beasts. You could theoretically start with Pale King if you wanted. Nonetheless, I'd say that would be an ill-advised route to take. My sense is that someone who hadn't had their burden of proof met by IJ beforehand would find PK a bit too much of a slog to justify itself.

One last question: someone on here said that DFW's short stories aren't really worth reading and one should rather his nonfiction instead. Does he have a point?

Nah he wrong
Good old neon is good, is almost like his suicide note

It's true tho

Brief Interviews is very good, but it's a chore to get through. It also has its ups and downs (what the fuck was that very first flash-story all about, for instance). Can't tell you about Oblivion or the other one.

What does TFIOS stand for?

no you're dumb
aesthetic is a noun and the post-it note meme is a shit aesthetic
the 2007 cover is the best hands down

Read this if you have interest in philosophy/math

Oblivion Stories first otherwise you'll probably give up before page 100 of IJ and blame it on DFW

The Fault In Our Stars by that shit-eating cretin John Green.

>Merriam-Webster English Dictionary
>aes·thet·ic
>adjective
> : of or relating to art or beauty
>Full Definition
>1 a : of, relating to, or dealing with aesthetics or the beautiful

Dumb, brain-dead fuck.