Engineers of Veeky Forums: How would you solve this?

Engineers of Veeky Forums: How would you solve this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=83nFiPoSuzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Break the glass.

be quick af

Just open it a bit and smoosh one hand in to push the plate back. Use my knee to catch any that might fall.

Why "fix" this amazing piece of art?

Break the glass below or on the side, if the price of the glass is less expensive than the plates .
Or put a mattress under and try to catch the more you can

The system is stable, changing anything is most likely result in a situation worse than the current one, therefore just leave it as it is.

The system is only locally stable. Due to the global lack of plates, the larger system has become unsustainable.

They are theoretically already broken.

Do it like in the movies.

Grab a diamond.
Cut a circular hole in the glass directly adjacent.
Insert hand and grab the priceless antique china without tripping the self destruct alarm.

>place soft material like a cushion or blanket

Open slowly.

The first bowl will land safely but the others will smash against it.

This but make two cuts. A circular cut to support the weight with your hand and cut the rest of the glass out so you can insert your hand inside without removing the support.

not an engineering problem.

What are they dropping with the force of an elephant. If you make a hammock like net/cushion you should be fine.

Open it just barely enough to stick a wire hanger in and be careful as fuck while you move the plates back onto the shelf.

>Disaster averted.

Sure thing spiderman.

Remove a pane and dump a shitload of styrofoam in.

drop them into a tub viscous liquid, more viscous than water but it needs to be newtonian. with something soft at the bottom
or open the door to the right and reach across

If necessary, get on a stepladder and pour from the topmost pane. Then once the cabinet is just about completely full, fish out the dishes one at a time..

lay the cupboard on its back before opening it

>superhigh IQ
>unable to solve this simple problem.

Get a table cloth and slip it between the door, and then tighten it. After this fold the table cloth backwards underneath itself and tighten it, so that it traps the falling objects. This will prevent your cheap forgery china from going shit and your girlfriend from beating you tonight.

Gently place the cabinet on the floor in order to let the plate pile slowly stack up on the opposite site of the door without breaking it. With enough men/means of supporting the cabinet it can be done without breaking anything

This. Anything else is too risky.

*"toggle" or "tip", not "place", english isn't my mother tongue sry

>he can never have a bowl of soup in his life again

This desu

Be honest tho, most people don't take out the fine china every day for fear of it breaking. Nothings really changed in that regard.

Beat me to it. But instead of removing a pane, unscrew the entire top of the cabinet and pour the stuff in. Assuming it can be unscrewed.

That's one hell of a roundabout compliment.

> so what i got fucked by dozens of chads in college, it made me who i am today!
More like kintscuckuroi

Why is /r9k/ this obsessed with Chad?

Not an engineer, but assuming they are sufficiently important, id remove the glass pane underneath and hold a pillow "up" against them as i slowly open the door.

Not a very hard problem to solve.

Buy new plates. I can afford them because I'm an engineer, not a scientist.

very carefully

Coathanger and two soft towels

Tilt the cabinet slowly and lie it on its back

According to my calculations, you would need 15 jello packets to fill that space.

Just fill it in the top, wait until the jello sets, open the door and dig out all your China.

open it very quickly and catch them

fill the cabinet with water and lie it on its back. Open the door and pick up the floating plates.

youtube.com/watch?v=83nFiPoSuzU

The bowls are pretty deep and have that lip on the base. I'd crack open the door a tiny bit, slid my hand in and move them up.

Not difficult really.

.Break the glass at the top and secure the plates
.if the bowls are less than the width of your forearm, you can actually open the cupboard slowly and obtain them while keeping pressure on the cupboard door.
.if the bowls are more plate like you can still open the cupboard but you will need a sturdy utensil to push them back up onto the shelf (pipe would work best)
.if those dont work and the cupboard is removable, lift it off the wall with a partner and tilt it to allow for cupboard access
.if all those fail, purchase a new, secondary and identical cupboard and fine China set to mimic your old one (be sure to place a lip at the front of the shelf so that the plates cannot topple again.
If all else fails, try to restart your computer. Any questions? Consult the windows help center!

By not being a retard that stacks a dosin unstable bowls with small footpeieces on top of each other.

This. Some faggot will buy it for thousands of dollars.

Grab a buddy and very carefully tilt the cupboard horizontally. The likely case is the few plates closest to the glass might brake, but the rest will be stable.

Literally this

You'd break the other plates moron.

Get a glass cutter
Cut a circular opening in the upper pane.
Remove plates
Replace glass
?????
PROFIT

Just buy new bowls

Draw a picture of neatly stacked bowls, and send it down to the technicians.

>forget
LITERALLY THIS! Simply ignore them. Shut out all thought.
Forget them.

Grab them by the pussy

1. move cabinet carefully away from wall
2. slide out backwall
3. Remove plates from behind
4. replace backwall

>1. move cabinet carefully away from wall
You broke the plates. Nice.

What part about careful did you not understand?

Also nice trips

Looks like a sliding door, so inch the door over to the right gradually until you can reach the plates.

Bore a hole in the glass and empty a bunch of spray foam cans through it

Then take a hammer and a saw and break it all apart to retrieve the bowls

Then drop the foam-coated bowls in vats of acid

Then buy new bowls

Fill it with some highly viscous fluid, then just turn it on its back and open the door. Remove the plates and the fluid. Problem solved.

Lower the whole cupboard on it's back.

In theory it should work. In practice it might not. But I'm a math guy so I don't care about tolerances.

But a sub-system could be made stable if one introduces a feedback mechanism.

Are you all blind?

It's obviously a sliding door, not a swinging one.

Slowly slide the door open enough to get an arm in the crack, hold the bowls up while you open the door the rest of the way.

I like this one. OP you better fucking deliver with this one.

The bowls aren't just pushing against the door, there is also the previous bowls that come around from the side like domino blocks. If you would slide the door, then the bowls will be pushed sideways and some if not all of them will fall.

>ruin the entire cupboard by staining it with some shit fluid
Terrible idea

There are enough possible candidates that wouldn't ruin it, like clear jelly or gelatin.

Opening the door is inevitable in any scenario. In this scenario we will concentrate on minimizing the damage.
1) get a rectangular sheet of steel (2-3mm), thin plywood might work too.
2) One person opens the cabinet door just slightly, so the other person can slip the sheet of steel from the bottom.
3) When 2nd person positions the sheet at a needed height, the 1st person can open the cabinet door completely.
4) While the 2nd person is holding the sheet against the plates, the 1st person just picks plates from above.
5) Crisis averted

smash the fuckin bowls. im not letting some cheeky bowls stop me from using my cupboard

The fact it's a sliding door means that there's going to be another door to the right. Open this door, then gradually disassemble the stack from the back.

>invest in diving equipment
>seal the room
>flood the room with water
>open the cabinet and rearrange the bowls as the gentle movements in the water prevents them from shattering
Easy

Then I guess we could say you clowns are theoretically already dead?

Buy a rocket. Enter space with the cupboard. Under no gravity the plates won't fall, allowing you to rearrange them. fall back down to earth. move the cupboard back to where it was.

This should still cost slightly less than replacing all the fine china.

Schrödingers cupboard

No. You can clearly see them. The wave function has collapsed and the plates are clearly not broken, yet.

It's a time lapse thing. They will break or not, once you open it. Schrödinger's dishes.

>Undo hinges of glass door
>Slide glass door up so it still holds the bowls
>Reach into the cabinet from underneath and push the bowls back into place or remove them in a controlled fashion

Didn't read the thread, pretty sure someone posted as it is obvious answer. Crack open the sliding door a little bit and then:
a) take a bunch of balloons and one by one fill the lower part with them
b) take a roll of open cell foam, cut it to reasonable sized pieces and squeeze them through to lower part, get it packed.
All that is left to open the cabinet door more, so the hand could reach those plates and take them out one by one.

>Crack open the sliding door a little bit
Oh no, you shattered the plates.

You guys are morans

Open the cupboard next to it, remove the wooden panel in between the two cupboards/cut a hole into it if necessary

put hand through hole and pick up the plates

I don't want to destroy my antique Chinese cupboard.

oh no, you're fucking faggot.
Just use the sliding door on the other side to pack it up with balloons or foam.
Problem solved.

>destroy two cupboards to potentially save some shitty plates
>we are the "morans"

You're the one who got the plates stuck

and if you do it right you just end up with one big cupboard instead of two

Smash and buy another set.

Blame the cost consultant for the loss, and keep any that remain to eat my supermarket ready meal deal for two.... alone in a single portion

Looks like there's some sort of room behind it, probably go over there.

Fantasizing cuckolds.

Seriously?
Pull it away from the wall and then have someone help you lean it back so you can open it and recover everything.

best answer itt

Deglaze pane on right and remove from that direction

Broken glass is just non-broken glass reassembled, if you collect all the broken pieces and put them together they contain the same amount of atoms.

These are the only non-brainlet answers.

Everyone else is eligible for a job in administration though.

Cupboards are literally fastened with screws that can only be accessed from inside the cupboard. Literally nonsense answers.

>Cupboards are literally fastened with screws

1. Where do you get that from? It is not said anywhere. Cupboard are usually stand alone furniture with legs and shit.

2. Cuttings screws with a thin hacksaw is way cheaper than ruining the cupboard.

your hands, I think everyone can confidently assume, are growing out of your ass.

Accept the loss of your dishes and begin a search for replacements.

Remove side panel
Grab plates
Put side panel back on

> Get a couple of guys
> Lift the cupboard very gently into an "on its back" position
> Open door
> Profit
> Speak up against internet censorship and feminist sex laws

Where do you get those "guys"?

People you know, friends and family, dipshit.