Why are japanese writers superior?

Why are japanese writers superior?

Pic semi-related

most people have a hair line but what he has cant be expressed in terms of euclidean geometry

>centuries of religion diversity (until the shintofags took over)
>centuries of influence of erudite chinese lit
>even the merchant class produced writers during the Edo period (Saikaku)
>even some zen monks wrote funny stuff
>invasion of great european lit (particulary french and russian); most of the great authors during the Meiji period read/translated at least one european language
>increasing literacy rate, newspapers and lit magazines during 1880-1910

This. Sadly most of lit only reads Murakami and Mishima

any particular sources where I can learn about history of japanese lit?

Honestly, if you like it in English you will love it in the actual language. I'm reading some of soseki's short stories now in Japanese and they aren't very difficult but still super fun.

Quite happy with my decision i made a few years ago to learn the language

whats so great about their prose

>tfw to smart for western clothing

Amount of detail.

I've only read Mishima and he's just way too intense for me. I enjoy passion and nationalism, but his books just feel like getting shouted at. I do like the erotic side of his books tho :^)

Accidentally sent that too early, I was gonna ask who are some comfy Japanese writers?

>comfy
Why do you even live?

You want comfy? Read Haruki Murakami, plebberino

Try Snow Country

One of my favourite books, only read the Seidensticker translation though. 2nd the rec wholeheartedly

Why do so many Japanese authors of the 20th century commited suicide Veeky Forums?

Yasunari Kawabata definitely.

Some of soseki's books are "comfy" whereas some are definitely not

honorabru deahto

They were humanists.

suicide has been a prevalent cultural norm in Japan for centuries when dignity or social adaptation was felt to have been compromised. I guess combine that with increased cerebralism and it's more likely? Obviously I'm speculating, it might just be a coincidence that a bunch of famous authors peaced in 20th century

If jap worth learning if I have zero interest in light novels/visual novels/mangas and all that anime shit?

Don't people literally die in a fire in that "book". I wouldn't call that comfy. I would call it drivel written by a non-Christian though.

Yeah, since his but also everyone else's hair line is attached to a spheroid body you pretentious faggot

Yes, it's actually a beautiful language
です

To be comfy