Why do people still respect this guy? He was literally wrong about everything

Why do people still respect this guy? He was literally wrong about everything.

His theories were, and still are, very useful

He was right about using infinitesimals.

because he was a virgin fapper

all he did was look at crooked-teeth british industrial revolution slags that were walking around the street, i bet every day he went to his balcony and stared at those ugly ass elizabethan slags and fapped like an animal, shooting cum from his balcony and onto the street, hitting everyone unfortunate enough to not be aware of the fact that they were walking right past Newton the Fapper's house

for fuck's sake man how can you grow up to be an old british fuck and not manage to fuck at least an ugly fat slag? they have used-up, blacked out whores lying around the street all the time, they're like pieces of furniture, every street has a passed out slag, just grab one and fuck her

You got a deathwish, kid?

no one gives a shit about the mathy shit he defined in his cum-stained notes, leibniz did it better and had better notation

maybe if he wasn't a sexually frustrated virginator he would've come up with the integral sign himself, but he didn't, because he was a fapper

common decency

>Dude thought heat was a massless invisible fluid

lel

What did he said that is now wrong?

Everyone in science is "wrong". Wrong theories exist to be superseded by slightly less wrong accounts of the world, ad infinitum. Newton created the tools of mathematical physics and calculus, which were not wrong.

The whole hypothetical process consists in taking a microcosm of an unintelligibly complex totality, and saying something about it and thinking about the consequences of your guess. Absolute time and space and the Newtonian world view, as a guess, were very useful devices and accurate enough approximations to do shit like land a man on the moon - which is better than navel gazing about being totally correct for all time.

None of his theories account for relativity

I mean, he had the right idea behind calculus, it was just hand-waved because obviously he didn't know how to properly define things.

Still, there's a reason we teach Cauchy's definition of a limit to Calc 1 students.

>taking a history of mathematics class
>professor walks through calculus results how Newton did
>starts using this infinitesimal shit
>their existence isn't justified
>tfw Newton was considered revolutionary for doing something my professors would mark my solution wrong for

Well, to be honest, who the fuck would have thought in Newton's time that heat was the vibrations of tiny pieces of matter

Nonstandard analysis uses infinitesimals rather than limits.

More like not-yet-standard analysis. Might as well make Conway and Knuth proud start with the surreal class field while we're at it, although we might still want to teach the construction of the hyperintegers, etc.

Shit, my cousin looks just like that and he's in the 150+ IQ range. Should I be scared?

Yeah, but Newton never justified that system. Neither did Leibniz, really. It wasn't until the 20th century that it was properly defined.

>t. brainlet
Without his errors, mathematics and physics would be nowhere.

Calculus.

So much this.

Scientific theories aren't right or wrong but rather useful or useless in describing reality to a certain degree. Treating motion relativistically in any case might be more "right" than Newtain's mechanics but still none of you would use the former to solve some trivial low velocity problem.

>Until we find the world formula every scientist is a brainlet and not worth mentioning.

Why is it so hard for people even on Veeky Forums to grasp the concept of science?

Freemasonry and Royal London Society propaganda.

Physicists work perturbatively most of the time anyway. So no one cares if his theories are only low order approximations of the "correct" theories.

This
you endlessly build on previous knowledge and concepts, that's the whole point

> implying it isn't