How do you cope with the fact that everything is phony (inb4 dismissed for being like Holden)?

How do you cope with the fact that everything is phony (inb4 dismissed for being like Holden)?

Literary theory is bs made up so that people can leech off of academia and get easy degrees.

Social scientists are idiots and weaponised by dishonest journalists as the new secular prophets telling people what to think / why they're shit. Psychiatry / psychology has become an infinitely malleable mental masturbation wank toy for pseudo intellectuals who like trying to draw conclusions in subject areas with near enough infinite variables.

Morality is never practised. A politician who kills innocent people is more popular than one who says politically incorrect things. Historians, even today, worship Hitler, Napoleon, and Julius Caesar.

So many current novels are merely narcissistic barely disguised memoirs or written by people with zero life experience.

Science and maths are practised mostly within hideously subsidised and bloated academic institutions.

Sex and portrayals of success are shoved in your face wherever you go through songs and pictures. But you're not allowed to say you want any of it.

90+ % of jobs could be done by everyone and only recruit based on looks and personality. Your genetically determined appearance factors are the largest influence of how people treat you, yet this is never acknowledged.

Literature is not an oasis, not one bit.

We live in a time where the individual matters less than ever, everywhere. People join the army for personal gratification and to feel safe in "the system" like regular wageslaves yet we live in the age of nukes.

You are mercilessly mocked and judged based on your job's social status and other economic aspects ("Bob from Grimsby" as a joke).

"Education", the idea, is pushed as an absolute good yet almost everything in the education system up to the age of 18 is stamp collecting nonsense. Your undergrad university basically brands you. It is depressing to see countless Wikipedia articles for entire universities, some of which I've never heard of, with their giant campuses filled with dumb normie students who will do fuck all, doing mostly subjects that have no objective criteria. I skip straight to the photos of the campuses rather than the statistics. The entire system is becoming a more and more efficient personal branding mechanism.

take the redpill and realize the truth behind the appearance

Phoniness is only a means to an end. Everyone has to put up with endless bullshit to get where they want.

About half of these seem wrong to me.

I just enjoy the mirage in the desert.

>How do you cope with the fact that everything is phony?

I read Nietzsche and learned to stop painting with such a wide brush. When things are reduced to neat little digestible packages, they become easy to outright accept or, in your case, outright reject -- they're good or bad, or good or evil, or useful or worthless. But I'm now able to see the shades of gray, to recognize that, for example, some social science is worthless and some isn't. The reason Nietzsche so often resisted grand truths is because they easily lead one to black and white thinking, which ultimately leads to believing falsehoods. Everything isn't phony. You have to learn to look more closely and distinguish the phony from the genuine.

Some humility would serve you well given the cliches you just subjected us to.

whoa, you must be a deep thinker! you are better than everything, wow you're smart!

shut the fuck up, idiot. You are a little kid, and don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The arrogant way you think that you are preaching some sort of "truth" that the entire world can't realize just shows your immaturity. The fact that you say "inb4 dismissed for being like Holden" shows that you think you are better than Holden, which is absolutely pathetic. You are literally just another childish, whiny narcissist who thinks "the world isn't good enough for me!" without ever trying to open your mind up to it. It's funny how you make fun of writers with "zero life experience" with such an ignorant mindset. You are not the most complex or interesting person in the world, and you are clearly not the smartest either.

>Social scientists are idiots and weaponised by dishonest journalists as the new secular prophets telling people what to think / why they're shit. Psychiatry / psychology has become an infinitely malleable mental masturbation wank toy for pseudo intellectuals who like trying to draw conclusions in subject areas with near enough infinite variables.

Have you tried actual science though? Shit is so cash

What's funny is that if Holden had read a book like The Catcher in the Rye, he would have prefaced his book by resisting any comparisons that might have been made between him and the protagonist.

I think you're being overly cynical and a bit reductive but you're right in places
this

Blame God.
We should kill Him. Literally. If there's a God he should be murdered.
It's all we have.

Why are you so angry? Did you think OP (or anyone else in this thread mind you) would read your post and not see you as the "arrogant preaching some sort of "truth" that the entire world can't realize"?
Why not be like if you disagree and actually explain why you disagree and in what points OP should change the way he thinks?
Re-read your post and try to tell yourself you added anything to any sort of discussion that might have been happening, or if you were just venting.

well at least your eyes are open
but youre implying the system is setup a certain way, its not, idiots have been and will be, dont take new religion to heart, find a niche and plant a seed, ignore the noise

>90+ % of jobs could be done by everyone and only recruit based on looks and personality. Your genetically determined appearance factors are the largest influence of how people treat you, yet this is never acknowledged.

Nepotism is the biggest determining factor, and that just gets you a foot in the door, you need ability and personality to be able to advance from there.

To say that 90% of jobs could be done by everyone (anyone) is offensive to those that actually are proficient in their trade. Many people out there have physical disabilities, many people out there are of low intelligence or have mental disabilities, some have a low tolerance for stress and others have social problems which disrupts the workplace.

At my job there's several people that, without a doubt, could not function a level higher than where they currently sit. Around 30% of the workforce.
-Autist who cannot manage others and is completely unable to know the difference between being aggressive/abusive and taking charge(me)
-Insecure guy who goes to war with anyone over the slightest grievance
-Man with problems in his personal life that causes consistent time off that would be unacceptable for other jobs
-A retard who requires supervision even though he's been doing the job for two decades.

I do agree that at the top end of many industries there are highly paid individuals who get there through schmoozing, nepotism and lying. But there are also intelligent men putting in 12-15 hour days 6 days a week, managing over thirty men up there as well.

>Morality is never practiced. A politician who kills innocent people is more popular than one who says politically incorrect things. Historians, even today, worship Hitler, Napoleon, and Julius Caesar.

>. A politician who kills innocent people is more popular than one who says politically incorrect things.
>Historians, even today, worship Hitler, Napoleon, and Julius Caesar.
The assumption you're making here is that morality or moral behavior is only worthwhile if it is recognized. I disagree with the assertion that moral behavior needs to be recognized by others for it to have value. I instead detest such thinking, virtue signalling is narcissism dressed up behind the coat of morality, histrionic bitches riddle the charities and hospitals of this world with their bleating and whining.

>Morality is never practiced.
You saying this reveals to me that you have a gross misunderstanding of the world. Many people don't hold moral principles, that is true. But the great majority of people, acknowledge certain, proper principles of conduct and attempt to follow these principles.

>Sex and portrayals of success are shoved in your face wherever you go through songs and pictures. But you're not allowed to say you want any of it.

Who says you're not allowed to want it? I'm thinking about my personal life right now, I can't think of anyone who would respond to these desires of mine with "You're shouldn't desire that". People talk about sex all the time, not once have I heard in those conversations "Don't desire that".

OP, how isolated from the world are you?

>We live in a time where the individual matters less than ever, everywhere. People join the army for personal gratification and to feel safe in "the system" like regular wageslaves yet we live in the age of nukes.

I enjoy a greater level of autonomy and freedom now than I would in most periods of human history. How can you say that the individual matters the least now when it wasn't too long ago that the Nazis and Communists attempted to subordinate the individual to their higher values. Remember the concentration camps, remember the gulags?

>You are mercilessly mocked and judged based on your job's social status and other economic aspects ("Bob from Grimsby" as a joke).

The mocking is to do with empathy and insecurity. It really is only those with little empathy and who are insecure who 'mercilessly mock' those lower on the social ladder. Most people don't give a fuck unless you're repulsive due to poor grooming and hygiene.

I know what you mean OP, I've seen people laugh at others for being poorer or having a labor job. Outside of high-school I've only seen women do it and it is a rare thing, it's actually socially unacceptable to do and if they do it outside of their own little circles, it's them who are condemned by society and looked on with disgust.

The ones that normal people mock are the lumpen-proletariat. You know, petty criminals, beneficiaries and the like. And even they're not venomously hated, just another thing people like to occasionally joke or whine about when one happens to inconvenience them.

this

OP is either drunk or retarded

This man speaks the truth.

I think you should leave the house more.

>he relates to promiscuity and the general niggerdom of hollywood celebs unironically

Shouldnt you be getting stds from tinder?