Why are Indian buffets usually so much higher quality than Chinese buffets?

Why are Indian buffets usually so much higher quality than Chinese buffets?

and both are heaps better than shitty japanese ayce

Because Indians don't hate Americans

I don't know, but Indian places are always superior to Chinese places.

Looks like something you'd eat at a flyover potluck. Just a bunch of indistinguishable mishmashes

Forced to serve less varieties of food, Indian places have higher food turnover and less waste, but of which can allow higher quality items for a given price.

Biggest thing I can think of though is that the food is served over one of the cheapest carbs imaginable. While at Chinese places one can eat much more expensive proteins + fats

As long as it's actually being made by a bunch of mexicans or vietnamese in the back either is fine.
My only preference is not eating literal human waste, which is why I don't go to restaurants staffed by indian or chinese cooks.

It's just chicken breast with various curry sauces, some rice and what seems to be cookies.

>wa-la

It's "voila" you fucking degenerate.

stop splitting airs user, there's no reason to fly over the handle

Buffets and AYCEs in general are ALL shit.

Sure, it's fine when you're young and poor, and you need the value for your money because that'll be pretty much all you eat that day. But eventually, either due aging wisdom or better financial circumstances or both, you realize they are utter shit and don't go anymore. They use cheap ingredients, skimp on quality, and never put out the best dishes.
For Indian food, I go to a place down the street that offers a full menu, plus a daily thali, and it's a million times better because they make the food fresh and the quality is better. It's not a fast restaurant, usually takes at least 30 minutes to get your food at lunchtime, but the wait is totally worth it.

Let's see if I can identify everything:
>tandoori chicken
>pakoras
>popadums
>lamb curry of some kind
>chicken tikka
>saag
>chutney
>basmati rice
>not sure what's under the yellow curry, looks like chicken and something else.

That looks like a mix of shit and vomit.

Don't fucking mix the sauce but them in separate bowls or Tiffins.

I don't know what voila means but in my country when you serve a good meal you say wa-la it means good surprise.

y'allah, akhi

Motherfuck your disgusting shit covered country

allllllllaaaaahhhhh huuuu snackbar!

Once we had an Indian guest rent a room from my family. The smells coming from the kitchen whenever he cooked made me never want to eat Indian food.

I live in a 12 unit building with a young Indian couple. Building smells delicious every night. We're friends with another unit that has a french/jewish couple and we eat with them all the time. Building smells delicious from their cooking too. I like to think that our unit also generates delicious cooking smells every night. It frustrates me that in a 12 unit building only 3 tenants actually cook. Isn't the whole point of enjoying food to break bread with family, friends, and neighbors.

The 1920's NY immigrant tenements want you back.

That sounds nice. My part of the building is mostly Dominicans and it's like the only aromas they know are garlic, bay leaves, and pork. I mean those are great and all but come on, can't you cook anything else? The other side of the building has some Indians but I'm too far away to smell their food.

Lived in a heavily Indian dorm in college though, that was fun. Every day great food.

i've only been to two indian buffets and they only have the buffet option available a few hours a day. there's going to be a lot less degradation of quality, compared to chinese buffets, which are open lunch to dinner.

Because bad indian food is way worse than bad Chinese.

Maybe I missed the obvious answer, Chinese food is supposed to be served immediately and not sit under a hot lamp for hours while Indian food only gets better the longer is simmers.

This guy knows. The only way to eat Indian is a thali. Now I won't scoff at an Indian buffet, they're pretty dope but it's basically different meats and vegetables in the same sauce. It hits the spot but you get what you pay for.

These guys have the right idea. The other reason is Indian restaurant owners and patrons alike are worse than the Italians when it comes to food. It's less of "thatsa nota the way Nonna used to makea the meataballa" and more of "if I may be saying, this is not tasting like the it does in hydralorepurabad"

uh no sweetie,it's wa-la

This. Pic related, it's my local, one of the daily thalis (which change every day).

And my other favorite treat from the same place - bhel puri

voila is a fucking instrument you dunce

This guy

Track back:
>Cookies
Word only used by Americans.

BTFO.

Chinese buffets are for poor people and old people who don't care about the quality of their food too much.

Just garnish your dish with some parsley and ... wa-la

v i o l a
i
o
l
a

Bone apple tits

My friend tricked me into eating at an Indian food place. I knew something was up halfway through... I'm vegan and I had my suspicious considering the amount of dairy those indians use. So sure enough I mowed down a full plate and noticed my friends stupid smile. I was eating everything there. Only one thing hey served didn't have milk in it. That fucker thought he was so funny. Anyway delicious sometimes even godtier food but I would always opt for the vegan option.

They're not any higher quality, it's just the nature of stewed foods vs deep fried or pan fried foods. Indian shit is stewed so it's just going to taste better as it sits. Chink food is T it's peak the moment it comes out of the fryer, then goes down hill rapidly as time passes
>not rocket science bro

Ha, I've noticed that Indians seem to give bad reviews to Indian restaurants more than they do good reviews. Could be because they know the food better and are more discerning, but a lot of the reviews I see just seem overly picky.

>I would always opt for the vegan option
That would be hard since most curries use ghee but if you can relax your options to vegetarian then Indian is an ideal cuisine for you since they are overwhelmingly vegetarian as a population. Research which provinces are majority vegetarian and find some restaurants of those types.

There are probably vegan restaurants too though, some Hindus go full vegan.

>Why are Indian buffets usually so much higher quality than Chinese buffets?
I think because the food is mostly all stews anyway so it really doesn't mind being left to stew even longer. Heavy use of spices etc also means that it keeps well in a bain-marie.

Chinese is actually meant to be served and eaten directly, a lot of it doesn't sit well. Cafeterias are common in China but they aren't any better than ones in the west, people only eat at them if they're students/factory workers and don't have much choice.

Freed up money that doesn't need to be spent on toilet paper

Indian food smells disgusting after it seeps out of everyone's pores

What this user said. The only meat they have is either dry chicken or one lamb dish.

I will say their decor and service blows chinese places out of the water. But, eating indian always feels like I'm just eating a shit ton of tortilla chips and bean dip. Chinese has more varied textures.

Chinese buffets only use 7 different spices, and two of those are overused fry oil and cornstarch.

DESIGNATED SHITTING BUFFET

it's the same thing for all intensive purposes, we know what he meant, stop being so angry, relax with an expresso or something

back to lebbit