How this book be? I heard despite being his longest novel...

how this book be? I heard despite being his longest novel, its in the more accessible vein of inherent vice and bleeding edge

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APsR15jQA9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Inherent Vice very accessible? I might just be a pleb or simply stupid but it's hard for me to fully comprehend the giant paragraph single sentences full of scenery explanation.

I mean, I'm a few chapters in and it's interesting and funny but I need like a sensory deprivation chamber with a book light to read this shit.

i lent it to my mom and she reads trash genre fiction but she's into IV so I'd say yeah it is accessible

I listened to the audiobook, mostly at night with no distractions and had basically no problems following it.
Maybe give that a try if you're into it. Might be easier to hear than to read, I don't know.

Haven't read it but watched based Bookchemist's review and am interested in reading. Sounds dope.
Here's the review if you want to hear about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=APsR15jQA9s

stop shilling fuckboy

I just want to fuck Bookchemist. I'm not sorry.

Well the film adaptation had people walking out because the plot was too confusing. Perhaps they thought it was a stoner flick (which it is, except Pynchonized).

Yeah, I watched IV in a cinema in Vienna and a group of people walked out and before the door closed again I heard one of them saying that it was the biggest shit he's ever watched...

My favourite Pynchon. Highly recommended.

the book chemist is a dumbass and you're a faggot for liking him

Bookchemist is one word

>the plot was too confusing
kek

I am only intermittently impressed with Pynchon ... I think he is surface level at times, and doubt that there is depth to the madcap pace and fucking gay musical interludes (shilly shally eat some poop, octopus or human sloop, if your eyelids start to droop, you will die of diptherioop) shit like that. Oh my god my erection is a rocket, war is senseless, the world fair is gonna be a balloon ride time slip into the next world where I'mma looking for my dad or something let's have a threesome capitalism is bad blow that shit up with dyn-o-mite where's JJ when you need him?

>I think he is surface level at times
I would agree about his later work. I actually wrote Pynchon a letter and in part of it I described my reading Bleeding Edge and how I felt it was only about the era on its surface complete with Kojima and Britney Spears references but that at its heart it was still firmly a 60s novel with that kind of human interactions and mindset.

His early stuff though is legitimately brilliant. V, The Crying of Lot 49, Gravity's Rainbow for sure and even Inherent Vice works for me because it's about something Pynchon knows really well (the end of late 60s idealism).

I haven't read Mason & Dixon or Against the Day yet, though. I hear good things about M&D but almost nothing about Against the Day.

it be good

Wat he said about kojima

There's a character in bleeding edge that is described as considering Kojima a god like figure.

As far as I know that's it. He references a song playing from the Deus Ex soundtrack too if I remember correctly.

so does he play video games or something? this is important.

He may have played some as part of research but it's not like he's referencing the lore of the franchise. It's just a name drop.

The only reason people say that it's accessible is because the critics and academics haven't said that it's deep. If they said it was deep then people would feel pressured to see it more than the lolsorandumbness it really is, just like gravity's rainbow.