Brainlets of Veeky Forums - when did you realize you were a brainlet?

Brainlets of Veeky Forums - when did you realize you were a brainlet?

I realized when I could barely pass linear algebra even though I was putting honest effort in.

>when did you realize you were a brainlet?
grad school

Group theory

this

>be brainlet
>everyone says complex analysis is easy
>get rekt on every test

Middle school is when I got moved down to set 3 and realized I had to relearn mathematics myself. Thankfully it worked

I haven't yet. Pure math soon-to-be-graduate and while there's some hard stuff, it's not insurmountable. I'm sure in grad school ill hit some insurmountable shit.

I've always succeeded when I put in effort and failed when I didn't. Does this mean I'm not a brainlet?

Same here.
>In grad school right now
>3 exams in
>Passed one (probably) failed two (definitely)
>6 to go
>Need at least 50% overall

It's not looking hopeful. But at least I tried.

>be me 7th grade
>Taking 9th grade honors geometry
> think that I am very smart for being so ahead
>class is actually rigorous proof based class
>mfw our final was a USAMO geo problem and I got a 1/7 before the curve

I have a psychologist-tested 145 IQ and haven't hit a wall so far. I'm expecting to hit one in grad school though.

It's going to suck when you hit it, because you haven't had any experience of dealing with intellectual failure yet.

It probably will. I haven't had to study in my entire life. On the other hand, learning math was never a chore as it is for most people, so I could probably adapt.

>when did yrealize brainlet

Im a computer science major and despite being the most unpopular natural science at my college, I feel it's also the most flexible and lax one.

we can do it familia ;_;

I was a brainlet until I started teaching myself everything I could in my spare time.

Turns out getting smarter doesn't happen in the classroom, it happens in the off hours when you would otherwise be drinking/smoking/fapping/playing vidya/shitposting on a Maori tribal dance forum. The classroom should be for testing and networking only.

After I finished uni.
People with half the knowledge got better jobs than me because "networking".
Turns out its a code word for nepotism.

I want to believe user. I...if we just work a little harder.

Ha ha haa!

One everyday!

Its not funny.
Wish someone had told me this before I even stepped foot in "academia".

>nepotism
yes

Also, faux-intellectuals don't want bona fide geniuses around

In math you're a Brainlet by default unless you're Terry Tao or Mochizuki

>Mochizuki

when I barely scraped by with a BS in theoretical math with a 3.0 and had no hopes of going into grad school

>now a developer

This guy gets it.......

Yes, my friend. You're exactly like me but this does mean that we are brainlets, being unmotivated, lazy is a sign of not having the necessary IQ to be successful in the academic life.

t. above average intelligence for uni but lazy self-sabotaging mentally ill person

fukken this.
>Get top letter grad average
>But on the low side
>Only get into low level PhD's
>Actual researchers are the elite PhD graduates

Even when you think you're doing well you have no chance to have a good career in the field.

nice to meet you

Fucking analysis

>undergrad in math
>ace all the undergrad courses
>take grad courses
>first year algebra and topology/geometry are easy, even second year Riemannian geometry and homology/cohomology are intuitive as fuck
>but fucking Real and Complex analysis man

Fuck analysis