Why are the mods deleting so many threads?

Why are the mods deleting so many threads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A5vRkuk6wJI#t=1m14s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because there are so many shitposts and bait threads

How is that new to Veeky Forums? I think it's some new overly zealous underage mod

The community has been complaining about the threads unrelated to literature, the frogposting, shitposts and low quality content.
The mods are just enforcing the rules, but the truth is that most of us don't want the kind of shit you guys post here.

>spotted the /pol/fag

Get out

The new round of janitor apps just got approved and theres a surplus of neets eager to prove themselves as capable tools

>he does it for free

I frogpost all the time. Never got banned. But it's always lit related so that's probably why.

Is frogposting specifically frowned upon or bannable?

Because they're buttmad SJW cucks and the userbase of this board is mostly rulecuck redditors.

Better late than never.
I don't think Veeky Forums has endured so much Reddit/imgur/pol/r9k/ cross-posting in one year.
this is an image board about reading books on an obscure taiwanese paper-folding forum, and yet it's a constant warzone

Frogposting is fine IF the thread is legitimately literature-related and not a thinly veiled excuse to start a thread about Trump or why women are awful. There's a frogpost on the catalog right now about the Prose Eddas that is within the rules and does belong on Veeky Forums. It is a regular literature thread that just happened to start with a picture of a frog.

>implying people who complain about /pol/ aren't from Reddit
It's hilarious to see you nu-anons bitch and moan about Veeky Forums culture on fucking Veeky Forums. Just go back to your home site and everyone will be happy.

do you even think in your own words anymore

>everything I don't like is off-topic
Explain this then.

Complete text of a thread that was deleted by the mods

>In plato's republic. He suggests censorship for the children so they grow up brave and strong.

>What films, music, games would be suitable today? What would media would you hypothetically bring up your child on so they grow up strong and courageous. Since kids are impressionable, you wouldn't want shit that encourages promiscuity or homosexuality (so ban Veeky Forums). Which disney films? Which studio ghilbi films? Dark souls?

Does anyone here seriously think this is a low quality off topic frogpost?

>Anyone who doesn't like our redpill/alt-right/with jews you lose memes has to be from another website

/pol/ came from stormfront. They heard there was cheese pizza on /b/ and came to trade and leech. They spread out and took /new/ and /news/. Moot finely gave in to the maggots and gave them /pol/, they grew worse and spread to all the other boards, he deleted /pol/ for a while, but they didn't take the hint.
No one likes you, least of all Veeky Forums, now censor yourselves, or gtfo.

Fuck off back to /pol/. You shitpost /pol/ topics on lit and then wonder why you are banned, and are you now ban evading or did it expire?

Did the thread evolve into pol shitposting? Because if so, yes, it should be deleted.

How fucking new are you? Do you get your chan history from ED?

I have been on Veeky Forums longer than /pol/ as a board has existed. But now I only come to Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums because the other boards don't really interest me. These boards should be about literature and fitness, respectively, and you should keep your dubs worship and faggotry where it belongs.

This is one of the aforementioned "thinly-veiled bait threads." He did not start it to talk about publishing, he started it to bitch about politics. It would turn into a circlejerk about oppression and racism in seconds.
If it was a black frogposter saying white people are racist against him, it should still be deleted and he should still be banned, because that is not about literature.

because they don't want this board to become like /mu/

>le pol boogeyman!

Identity politics bait.
If you genuinely wanted to discuss this, then you'd have made an OP expounding on what you perceived to be a legitimate complaint instead of this retarded frogfaggotry accompanied with a complaint. What you wanted was a 'feel' thread that's not conducive to a literary discussion. Take that shit to /r9k/.

Also, let's be honest, you wanted a politics thread, right? You wanted to talk about how the liberal world-order is oppressing the white male? Why not post it on /pol/ then? It's not literature related

This is like watching my grandma talk about 50 Cent

>circlejerk

This is a thread about raising children, film, music, and games. It is not very low-quality but it isn't about literature. Disney films, studio ghibli, and dark souls are not books.

Been here since 07 when you were probably in elementary school learning how not to piss yourself.
"Veeky Forums culture" is a cheap spook fabricated as an ideological damage control because you kids feel attacked in your own precious safe-space secret club.
The idea that every board needs to be childishly reactionary, superficial, and militant so that those who enjoy being so aren't offended is exactly the behavior you dumbasses are fighting against.
This is the literature board and were gonna leave it that way.

I got it first hand. No need to look anything up on ED.

Did you not read
>in plato's republic
And books are media.
>I'm an oldfag, believe me, here's a picture of boxxy

He didn't argue about politics at all, he told you to argue about politics somewhere else.
And I thought you guys had updated this deflection to that nu-user image, didn't you?

>making worse threads than 14 y/o's reading hamlet for the first time
>repeatedly
kek

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's off topic bait. It was perfectly literature related unless you do extreme Reddit-tier mental gymnastics.

And we have threads about communism that don't get deleted, so you can't say that politics is banned. What's banned is views that the mods don't like, i.e. le pol boogeyman

It wasn't a discussion about plato, he just mentioned that as a segue into what the thread was actually about. He explicitly listed films, music, and games.

It's still literature related.

>here's a picture of boxxy
>from March 1st 2009

>Did you not read
>in plato's republic
It was a shit thread and we all know it.

>see a really shitty butthurt post whining about Veeky Forums culture
>yfw the formatting indicates it was written from a mobile
>image.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=A5vRkuk6wJI#t=1m14s