Post your brew, questions, sources, teaware reviews, etc

Post your brew, questions, sources, teaware reviews, etc.

Pastebin with sources and FAQs
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ

Ancient FAQ from 2012:
pastebin.com/hw8XXZV5

Veeky Forums wiki tea page that no one has edited in ages:
Veeky Forums-ck.wikia.com/wiki/Tea

Green tea is going to help you lose weight
Green tea is going to keep you up if you drink it before bed
Do buy tea from Teavana
If you aren't using teabags, start leaving it in the cup after it's done brewing
Always use boiling water
START USING TEABAGS

what's the best tea to help me stay awake while watching toons

i seem to fall asleep after about 3 episodes

Matcha.

green tea from japan has quite a lot of coffein

drinking some anxi benshan from YS
tastes sweet as fuck
good shit

Hey /tea/ I'm a newfag to tea but does buying this tea sampler make me a faggot

No. Starting with teabags is a decent start, once you get used to the taste of bags, you'll start craving for more subtle and different flavours.

Drinking some sheng from '02, still packs a punch

how big is that pot?
it looks like >100 ml

Nah, its a close up, its 60ml

sorry fucked up the sign
how is brewing with such a tiny pot?
my smallest yixing pot is like 120ml and thats almost to small for me

>teabags
we are entering pleb country

Its a bit too small but it works fine, something around 80-90ml would be ideal for me, I tend to use a ton of leaf and resteep a lot, I originally bought it for yancha, so I could leaf harder without it being too expensive to do so, but it just worked better with aged sheng, it's too muting for yancha.

what do you mean by punch?

Even though its 15yo now it is still very green, it is also very smoky

I've read that pu-erh has to be stored in a very humid environment to age (like a dank Hong Kong basement), and it will age very slowly in low humidity. Do you think that your sheng was stored in dry conditions for most of its life?

this was stored in guangzhou, so on the wetter side of dry storage, the base material was just super smoky, it is clearly aged, but it hasnt fully assumed that aged character

What tea is the most oppressive?

I got a load of teas for first time today including some silver needle. It said on the pack 2tsp per cup but is that an imperial cup (I'm britbong) or just a standard mug? Also I can't measure the needles with my teaspoon. Anyone can give me a good leaf:water ratio?

You really just have to try out what works best for you, the more tea you add, the stronger the flavour.

2tsp per imperial cup seems about right, I usually do 0.5tsp per weaboo cup.

Thanks user, I think I made it too weak desu, tasted mostly like hot water to me

Silver needle is very subtle though. How long did you brew it for? And at what temperature?

I usually pre-heat the teapot and steep silver needle for ten minutes. All at 75 degrees Celsius.

You also have to remember that it requires a lot of space to expand.

My gaiwan is still in the post so I poured water into a mug with the leaves in and it was around 80C. Waited 3 min and then kinda scooped most of the leaves of with my spoon :3

Yeah, three minutes isn't nearly enough for long jing. Gotta let it steep a lot longer.

Thanks user that explains it. Will be trying a rebrew later