Hey Veeky Forums, I started looking into flat earth ideas and honestly it makes sense to me...

Hey Veeky Forums, I started looking into flat earth ideas and honestly it makes sense to me. The round earth model has a lot of inconsistencies that can't be explained whereas the flat earth model could explain the same inconsistency easily. It's obvious we never went to space and lack concrete evidence of this round earth that is being pushed in mainstream science. I'm sure a lot of you guys never saw the "curvature" of the earth either. When you take things like flight paths, wind systems, hell even the equator (which if the earth is round and it is at an angle, why is the equator perfectly across the middle of the round model when it should be like a diagonal line?). I'm looking for more hard evidence of a flat earth if you guys have any.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzMQza8xZCc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is the moon flat as well?

How does flat earth explain completely different stars in the far northern and southern hemispheres?

>equator (which if the earth is round and it is at an angle, why is the equator perfectly across the middle of the round model when it should be like a diagonal line?
Thank you, I needed this

They are flat as well.

>the equator (which if the earth is round and it is at an angle, why is the equator perfectly across the middle of the round model when it should be like a diagonal line?).
What does this mean? The equator is an imaginary line bisecting the globe. How could there be a diagonal on a sphere?

That doesn't explain it. Basically, in the far southern hemisphere, you observe a disc of stars different from that in the northern hemisphere. This makes sense if the southern hemisphere is curved, with a South Pole in Antarctica, but it makes no sense if Antarctica is an ice wall and the southern hemisphere is a ring around the northern hemisphere.

Please just stop with this bullshit

Imagine you are standing on a straight plane looking at the horizon with clouds above you. Eventually it looks like the clouds near the horizon blend in with it and you can't see it, and that's just because of human vision limitation. Now imagine the same thing with stars. The stars above Australia wouldn't be visible to you if you're in Europe because they are so diluted.

Yes, but why would someone is Australia see something similar to a person in Tierra del Fuego? In your model, they would see something different because Australia is so far away.

Circumnavigate the world twice. Once around the equator, once in the "southern hemisphere". If the latter path is longer than the former path, then we have evidence against the globe model.

This will never happen because flatcucks would rather put on airs and make simple, stupid arguments than thoroughly investigate anything.

There is constant curvature on the earth, no matter where you are if you go higher you see further

>It's obvious we never went to space
kek

can we just ban flat earth posters? this shit isn't science

>I'm looking for more hard evidence of a flat earth if you guys have any.

youtube.com/watch?v=qzMQza8xZCc

>hell even the equator (which if the earth is round and it is at an angle, why is the equator perfectly across the middle of the round model when it should be like a diagonal line?)

This guy just blew you the fuck out my dude. Stars disprove flat Earth.

BIDF in full force tonight

The fuck is a BIDF?

balltard internet defense force

It honestly makes sense to you because you honestly are retarded. Get the fuck off Veeky Forums.

The earth is flat because 7918.99999999/7918.99999999 = 1

>The round earth model has a lot of inconsistencies that can't be explained whereas the flat earth model could explain the same inconsistency easily.

is this how scientifically illiterate mentally disabled people rationalize being laughed at for putting their stupidity on display?

all balltards have are personal attacks and strawmen.

>says the guy who does nothing but insult people

Isiah 40:22 -
>It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in

The Earth is flat. It says so in The Bible. If you disagree you are a fat autistic fedora neckbeard nerd. Pic related: you.

Lets not bring religion into this, I'm an atheist and I'm not a balltard. In fact, most of us are atheists.

>I'm an atheist and I'm not a balltard. In fact, most of us are atheists.

Is that all you can come up with? The math is on OUR side, christcuck.

Flat earther defense mechanism.

>Gravity

what math is in your side? the one which proves the earth is round? is that the the math on your side?

>i have no good arguments to prove my belief so i resort to name calling

(((globe)))-alists BTFO

>

>The round earth model has a lot of inconsistencies

Name a couple.

> whereas the flat earth model could explain the same inconsistency easily

Especially name a couple where this is true.

>The round earth model has a lot of inconsistencies that can't be explained whereas the flat earth model could explain the same inconsistency easily.
such as?

Why do flat-earthers believe the governments of the world are lying about the shape of the earth?

I'd like to hear this.

Also, I'd like to hear your answer to this question.

At nighttime, at the north pole, the stars rotate around a singular point. At the south pole, an entirely different set of stars rotate around a single point. Under the round-earth model, this is because these points are along the axis of rotation of the planet. Under the flat-earth model, there should only be a singular point that only one group of stars can rotate around.

Can you explain this?

Conspiracy theories are born out of paranoia. These people didn't trust the government in the first place. Literally any "reason" will explain why governments would lie to them.

I sympathize with conspiracy theorists in the realm of government corruption, foreign events created and planned in secret by big business and government think tanks/agencies, and questioning internet related spying/censorship. If you read enough material you'll know "House of Cards" type shenanigans have been the norm for centuries. Any Naomi Klein or Noam Chompsky book is enough of a Cliff's notes on third party influence on governments. And obviously the Snowdon revelations should have changed a person's perception of surveillance.

Flat Earth, The lizards, I dunno where this shit comes from. Tom Clancy/Alex Jones tier things I understand where the slippery slope began.

>>I'll pretend to be stupid on the internet and they'll all try to argue with me!
>everyone knows it's bait
>everyone argues anyway
semper fidelis, sci

if the government was trying to fuck you don't think they'd do it by now?
>treason

Governments fuck with everyone all the time. It's pretty well accepted. They just aren't usually out for particular people to particularly harm.

then what's the problem?

I can understand a 14th century peasant given what he has to work with, to conclude that since you can't lay things on vertical surfaces, the ground under his feet logically ought to be generally horizontal, otherwise things would fall from it.

But I don't understand just how the fuck did this train of thought reemerged among literate public 700 years later.
Cui bono?
Cui fucking BONO?

Cui bono indeed
There's speculation that there is a psyop pushing this flat-earth meme

>scientifically illiterate mentally disabled people
just say brainlet
it's easier

Nice bait

How does flat earth explain the earthquake and tectonics plates?

flat earth isnt consistent with gravity? gravity doesnt exist and the earth is accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s^2. repeat ad infinitum, you cant reason with these people

the most compelling argument for me is the fact spheres are the shapes of minimum surface area

>you cant reason with these people
You have zero evidence for the acceleration claim, and further no mechanism for its existence.

Furthermore, it doesn't explain gravity anomalies.

Do they have niggers on HAPIS?

>you will never go to thoth the moving island

On the plus side, plate tectonics means ALL land is "moving".

yea and the earths rotation means we're all moving too. and the big bang means we are all interconnected. and quantum mechanics. fuck off neil the grass fed bison, we dont need your floor shitting platitude "science" right now

How do flat earthers explain the Coriolis effect?

flat earth and climate change goes to

Oh, so you take the Old Testament literally? You wouldn't happen to be an Orthodox JEW would you?

can you, oh so politely f u c k o f f

>most of us are atheists

No.

When I imagine the earth being flat I feel at peace