youtube.com/watch?v=wEiswvYR2HQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Love how it's apparent you never read IJ. What a flawless spine

glad to see you haven't read them lmao. fucking plebtactic

Maybe you should at least open one of them before you post

is that Ulysses for ants?

Why is this issue of Ulysses so short?

he has no creases in any of his spines, typical Veeky Forumserati

>man buys multiple books because people joke about how good they are and smugly takes a pic of the place he's laid them out without having actually opened them

Love how it's apparent you've never read IJ because if you have you'd know that big paperbacks like that can open perfectly fine without having to bend the spine.

99% of people crease their books, so I suspect OP didn't read them.

That said, there is still a small number of people, myself included, that do not actually crease paperbacks. I read it half open, like at a 90 degree angle.. I know it's weird. I am that kind of autist.

Big paperbacks are the most likely to crease.

Hi OP.

Read GR and Ulysses. Just got jest today

It's formatted with small font and set up like the bible (not sure what that word is)

This. Like GR, the spine never showed any wear or tear. I don't know how you manage to make your book look noticeably bad unless you throw it around or something

Try flipping back and forth to the footnotes while reading it and not creasing the spine. You have to actively try to avoid doing so

Do you not use a bookmark? I don't know how I'd read it without

Yeah I do, but
A. I like to keep them inside the frame of the book, i.e. not sticking out
B. I chew on my bookmarks while reading so I just have to scrounge for random strips of paper or napkin to hold my place in the book.

Well I must have a special copy because I've read it twice and can lay the book flat on a surface without any spine creasing.

The thing you should really look out for in seeing if they read it for not is just general wear. The edges in particular seem to always go on readings.

There is no way to read Infinite Jest like that. It's too big. Creases and wear are going to happen.

that's why i buy my books that i use for my Veeky Forums cool kids club bookshelf screenshots used ;3

Honestly I also take good care of my books too purely so they'll look good on my bookshelf.
If you're fucking up the spine, it's because you don't care.

>yfw Paris Hilton is actually Veeky Forums as fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=wEiswvYR2HQ

Can't stand creased spines. One time I accidentally grease my Gravity's Rainbow and then deliberately creased it a few more times to make it symmetrical.

her whole life is a deception. what is her endgame?

What the fuck, Pynchon isn't a magical realist

once again I am the most well read man on /lit. ask me anything my children.

do you ever sandwich your cock between those books and go "memey meme pissy fucky meme meme MEME meme MEME FUCCCKKK"

Big paperbacks only crease if you read slowly.

bud I have better meme trilogies to put my dong into. my personal favorite is miss macintosh my darling, the tunnel and letters.

This guy wins.

how many people here have honestly read the meme trio. I bet about 15?

I'm 0/3. I own only Ulysses. Read the first chapter once. Was funny, but I was reading other things at the time and never got back to it.

this cover of ulysses looks like something you'd see on a bottle in a hair salon in the 90s

how do i read ij? having a really hard time with it

How far are you? And what Wallace have you read before?

There's something on p. 233 that helps with the years. Also he does get around to making things reasonably understandable in time and explaining acronyms etc after letting them be confusing for a while

Tfw the writers tried to make her appear smart and just showed how stupid they both are

I had that same copy of Ulysses. I ordered it online and refused to read it when it came in the mail like a fucking coloring book. I eventually got pic related at books a million so I could actually read it

it's the easiest one. what are you having a hard time with.

I normally hate when people say like "you gotta get to season 7 before it gets good!!" But in my opinion the book gets a lot better around the pg 300 mark

It's usually the opposite for me. A work starts off smashingly and then tapers off into dredge.

My meme trio is any of the A Song of Ice and Fire books, American Psycho, and Fight Club.

Missing The Recognitions and Bottom's Dream

I've heard some legitimately good things about Jerusalem. Why is it meme tier?

Not sure. I bought it because I liked Watchmen

>Dostoyevsky
>Meme
You are the meme

Isn't Dostoyevsky meme to a point? People, like me, through his name around without ever reading his prose.

I don't understand. This is just a picture of 3 works of classic literature.

Why would you talk about an author you've never read?

The same reason that anyone would. To look like I'm more well-read than I actually am. Kinda like post-modernism, when you think about it.

Why do you care what you look like on an anonymous image board?

I'm not talking about on here, but when I'm talking to a professor or someone else in real life.

Whenever I hear someone name drop something like Dosty I usually throw out a few references to see if they get it. It's pretty easy to spot a speuds. I don't call them out on it though.

That makes sense. Curveballs like that could definitely have been thrown my way and they just went over my head.

Why would someone shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?

What if the plane is on the ground? I'd rather kill him than break his arm.

It's elastic enough to not crease but with big paperbacks like that the spine will warp concavely.

I like the aesthetic of slightly worn paperbacks, but only the ones I've bought used tend to look like that. All of the ones I've bought new have zero to faint creasing in the spine even though I haven't taken especial care to avoid it.

I think it looks more typical of something from the early to mid 80s.

Its post-modern to ironically make posts about books and authors you have never even read.

Why is Gravity's Rainbow part of the meme trio?

Its significantly easier to read then the other two.

Best front covers incoming :^)
Yes I did read them all, it was kinda of worth it Gravity's Rainbow was the first out of three I read. Also it was the first novel of that kind I had read so I don't think I have ever been more confused in my life.

>that Ulysses cover
Where did you find that? It looks so charming... maybe if I could have...

>translated Don Quijote

what's the point

I just got it for christmas last year, I assume someone bought it online as that's where I usually see the wordsworth classics.

The pic is a small exercise in divergent thinking re the Veeky Forums m*me trilogy

Te digo Sancho que no sólo corto de altura eres sino también de entendimiento.