Whats the best thing to order at a typical mexican (american) sit down restaurant?

Whats the best thing to order at a typical mexican (american) sit down restaurant?

What kind of dumbass country do you live in where you can't sit down to eat?

We use standing tables.

stupid mexicans. maybe if you didn't work for a pittance you could pay to eat at a place with chairs.

chimichanga is the only correct answer

Chicken enchiladas with salsa verde.

Hamburger and fries. The fries taste grande with the salsa and cheese dip.

Dumb anime poster. A sit down restaurant is one where there are servers as opposed to a place that might be carry out only or a fast food style place.

>i'm being pedantic haha
You're not funny.

Mole poblano

For me it's the taco

Queso flameado

I used to stick with the tried and true combo especial meal that every place like that seems to have. Enchilada + burrito + rice and beans + lettuce and tomato etc., But I've recently learned that the correct answer is some type of nachos supreme.

Stuffed avocado is usually a good choice

Some places have a secret menu item. The exact name varies, but it's a dish with beans, meat & cheese wrapped in a corn or wheat flat bread, smothered in zesty sauce and more cheese, and served with beans, rice and shredded iceberg lettuce.

COMBO PLATE. Always the best choice. There will be several to choose from, pick whichever combination you like best. I usually get whatever form of combo that has an enchilada or chile relleno, a chalupa/tostada, and a taco. Those will also come with rice, beans, and usually a little scoop of guacamole.

Sometimes, if I'm not feeling the combo plate, I'll order a plate of 3 cheese enchiladas and a gucamole salad.

this is the only correct answer.
or tamales

Nothing, all the dishes usually suck
Your combos usually include some shitty entree with too much queso and lettuce on it, a messy pile of mashed up canned pinto beans, and some shitty red rice with canned veggies mixed in
Specials are usually the same thing but a bit more expensive

taco sampler or enchiladas. went to a restaurant that had a buffet for salsas. that was pretty awesome.

Order a burrito. They are usually the cheapest a-la-carte items on the menu

I prefer shredded beef, but chicken is good too.

now, they'll probably ask you if you want green or red chili (or 'christmas' which is both on each side, but that's if you're from a flyover shithole) to top the burrito.

tell them that instead of chili, that you want chili con queso, or your queso dip over the top

now you have an improved cheesey burrito, and you can use the nachos they give you to eat some of the cheese

Flyover cuck detection

Chilaquiles

Those kinds of places usually has a platter of some sort that'll have a bunch of small portions.

chiles rellenos and pozole.

Doesn't matter. Tacos, burritos, enchiladas, fajitas, they're all the same ingredients in different shapes.

t. guy who has only ever eaten tex mex

A typical American sit down Mexican restaurant IS Tex-Mex. Mexican is one of the most Americanized cuisines going in the US along with Italian and Chinese.

>mexican (american)
>not tex mex

>A typical American sit down Mexican restaurant IS Tex-Mex.
Not in any of the parts of the country that matter.

I don't think most of you have ever been to a mexican restaurant before, other than Taco Bell or Taco John's. Get two tacos al pastor, some rice and beans as a side, and an horchata.

Burrito's are pretty hard to fuck up, as are enchilada's, get those with a side of either rice or beans, and you're set.

>enchiladas
>hard to fuck up
Tell that to Americans.

Lengua tacos and ceviche.

I love Mexican food but what you Ameritards do with it is sickening. Every single picture you people proudly display here is a greasy pile of unidentifiable gray dog shit

Its what flyovers crave.

All they are is meat wrapped in a corn tortilla and a sauce. Some throw toppings on it, some don't.

Mexican food isn't hard to make at all, and that's why people enjoy it.

Take your bitterness and bigotry somewhere else.

>damn near all the Mexican food in the U.S. is made by Mexicans
>complains that Americans fuck up Mexican food

If what you're doing is throwing sauce on top of a tortilla with filling, then you've already fucked up enchiladas.

Tell it to the Mexicans on youtube.

There's grandma's that make enchilada casserole style, and others that just dip the tortilla in sauce before filling it and slapping it on a plate.

They're easy, dude. And delicious.

Chimichangas
Fajitas

Most the time I just get fajitas. Tacos and burritos are always better at trucks.

this nigga knows

Denmark. we have no gravity over here.

Man I'm in the mood for some texmex now

If it isn't a restaurant I've been to or heard of, it's flautas, whether chicken or whatever. Literally impossible to fuck it, just shredded meat in a tortilla, rolled and fried.

Fajita plates are always over priced and you're subject to the possibly shit cuts of meat they have.

Flautas are usually $8 at most and come with a side of beans and rice.

Sure, they're basically tendy tier food, but they're a solid choice if you're unsure of the restaurant.

As a Texan, I usually go to the same messican restaurant at least every week. Always get the same thing. Enchiladas Montadas. For those who don't know, two beef with two eggs on top. Perfect flavor. Any messican restaurant I go to is judged based on how their enchiladas montadas turn out.

Eating eggs in the afternoon is true patrician lifestyle

ITT: butthurt flyover and euro cucks shitting in American Mexican food who have never been so Southern California.

Wow I butchered that sentence.

>You still know what I mean.

Oh shut up. I live in SoCal, and besides the mexican seafood/ bajamex, the mexican food isn't any better than texmex. All the border states have similar mexican food, with slight regional variances and specialties. (and I should know, because I drive from California to Texas and back several times a year, and I've eaten mexican food in hundreds of places all along I-10 over the years.

No, non-flyovers have access to real Mexican food

It's fucking 2017 and all of the "Mexican" restaurants where I live are still like that. Hard shell tacos with ground beef, and combo plates with beans and cheese and shredded lettuce.

I live on Long Island and there's almost no real Mexican food here, BUT I live close to NYC and there's tons of authentic, delicious Mexican food there. I take trips to this place called Los Mariscos 1 and they have amazing Mexican seafood.

Doesn't LA have people from all over Mexico, though? Meaning more variety

It depends by what you mean by Mexican (American). If you mean a Tex-Mex or Bastardized Mexican restaurant that is full of gringos, then the correct answer is Fajitas (and not "Chicken" fajitas. Fajita literally means skirt steak). If it is lunch time, order a Torta (not a realy turtle, it is a kind of sandiwch).

If you mean an authentic Mexican Restaurant in America i.e. one that is full of Mexicans and they don't "halba the english too good", then get ready for the good stuff. Order "Huevos Divorciados" aka. Divorced eggs. It is the Mexican hangover cure and is perfect for a Sunday brunch. It is two fried egss, one on each side of the plate. One has Ranchero sauce on it and the other is covered in Salsa verde. In the middle you have rice and some Chilaquilles (stewed chicken, grilled onions, and tortillas cooked in a chicken / tomato broth). Also acceptable is real tacos (small soft corn tortillas with grilled onions, cilantro, a spicy brown sauce, and meat). I recommend the lengua or cachete.

t. a gringo that can't spell spanish, but can order like a champ when in Mexico.

This, or chory pollo, which is chicken smothered in a cheese/choriza sauce. Plenty of mexican places also have a pretty decent cuban, which is hard to find outside of Florida

You're probably going to want to give the chili verde a miss. Most restaurants fuck it up and seem to cook the salsa with the pork for the entirety of the cooking process, completely breaking the sauce and resulting in wet pork with hunks of tomatillo and pepper. Chili Colorado might be good if they have that but no mole dish, since itself is a good adaption of one.

>Mexican hangover cure

I thought that was menudo, no? Or is it dependent on how severe the hangover is? I know when I was hungover as fuck in Nogales, I ate a huge bowl of menudo and felt a lot better. So much so, that an hour later I was nailing the whores again.

He's obviously referring to Taco Bell (fast food; no waiters just buy shit and get out)

Menudo works, but it takes a long time to make. You have to boil the tripe for a long time to get it tender. You usually make the chilaquiles from leftover chicken and stale tortillas. It is literally a five minute meal you can make when hungover and oh so delicious.

bump

Dumb asukaleaf

>mfw there are no Mexican restaurants within a 6 hour car drive

Make it yourself, dude.

There's plenty of Mezkins on youtube doling out recipes, and it's not hard.

Mild salmonella

I do, and it turns out alright, but sometimes I cant be fucked cooking and want a dirty mexican burrito like the ones I had when I visited america

MY MAN IS THAT DOS OROS?

I think I recognize those painted tables.

Your taste is as poor as your intelligence

All the bigger cities in border states have people from all over Mexico, so that's not really an issue. There's the same variety everywhere in every border state. LA, San Diego, Phoenix, Tuscon, Las Cruces, El Paso, San Antonio, Houston....They all have a huge variety of mexican food.

I just learned about horchata a month or so ago and it's just unearthly. I regret that I've gone through 28 years of my life without knowing about it.

I thought most of the border cities primarily have people from Northern Mexico