Tfw today i bought a little notebook to use as a diary desu

>tfw today i bought a little notebook to use as a diary desu
Why havent you?

my diary desu

Diaries are for little girls desu

I make my own notebooks. Just buy nice paper, fold them in half, put them together in folios, sew them together, glue the spine, put a marker if you want, prepare the cover with a fake leather paper over a thin cardboard, glue the insides to the cover, make a pocket on the outside if you want. Dozens of tutorials online. The first ones look like crap, but it gets better.

I just buy books from thrift stores and write in the blank space

I have. It's a little moleskin notebook i keep in my jacket pocket. It's surprising how much you can write just mirroring your own thoughts

Because
>today I went to work. It was uneventful. When I got back home, I shitposted on Veeky Forums and masturbated. Then I fell asleep
entiries won't make a very compelling diary

will give a try once my runs out of pages
sounds like a comfy thing to do

I kept a diary and read it after a few weeks. It was mostly that so I decided to stop.

>tfw your diary is uninteresting even to you

You're meant to write about how depressed you are you idiot

write about how you felt at work, the types of things you think at work, how your workplace looks and makes you feel, your coworkers, imagine them in funny situations and write it, imagine ther daily rutine and write

you get the idea

you can also lie to your diary, you know?
you can also draw in them
write poetry in them
put reminders in them

You could write about your fantasies (but then hope that no one ever dare finds it)

>He hasn't read Kierkegaard's journals

You have to be very careful from start to finish. If you mess up early on, the thing will end up crooked (it probably will on first tries). I'm saying it because it can also be stressful, but it's damn comfy as well. I've been doing it since 2011 and a notebook lasts more or less 6 months with me, so there is something of a ritual. I can pick up old notebooks and remember the time of my life.

how are they? got any screencaps

hnnng'd at the comfyness

Diaries are real helpful. Filling it with anything on your mind is great. I started one a year ago and I write in it pretty sporadically. I fill it up with doodles, dreams, temper tantrums, fits of depression, an epiphany, or moments when I go "I want to write this down!" and I do. I get upset when I don't write in it for a while or when I forget it on a vacation. Sometimes I forget I wrote something and I'll go back and realize something or remember that momement. Sometimes I look at what I wrote and I think "what sad human being wrote this" but that's part of being human I guess.

Does anyone feel like they really just want life to not be a pain or a chore?

For those who want to become writers, what do you use to keep your ideas and stuff together? I've been putting all my stuff down on computer but I'm not sure I like it. I figured writing things down could also double as a way to improve my handwriting.

op here
this is the only thing in my diary at the moment
post pics of your diaries, lads
sorry for the shit quality, my cam is shit

>what do you use to keep your ideas and stuff together?
my diary and sevelar notebooks (paper ones) desu
sometimes whatever piece of paper i have around

My handwriting is so bad I can't read it, it's a neurological condition or something

id like to keep a diary but i always get caught up on making it look aesthetic and end up tearing pages out of it all the time

what did he mean by this?

You know what, don't try to increment it at first, write down exactly that. The next day, again. The next, again. Keep doing it. You'll feel ridiculous, but you'll keep writing it down every single day about how you woke up and did nothing and then went to bed. Write the date down everytime, the day of the week, invent a little mark to show it ended and also move to the next page even if the day before is just a sentence. Gradually, though it may take a week or years, it will hit you hard to see how miserable your diary is. But the key is that you don't give up on the diary itself. What you give up is to keep taking your life this way. And one day you'll feel so ridiculous you won't stand, it will be unbearable to not do something different and you'll do some little different thing. And you'll fall back to the inane routine and it will feel even more bitter this time around. And so you'll do some other different thing. Gradually as well, your diary will change and it will change so it is interesting to you, not because you're writing it better, even though you might too, but because you'll invent things to write about with your own life.

Some people think diaries are just records, receptive and static, and neglect the fact that they answer back to you and change your very days as you write them down.

actually I felt that way too, but one way that made it look less austist was writing a diary (more like a journal) in another language

fuck mine too
fuck this gay earth
you dont remember de name of the condition? post your handwriting pls, i wanna see if it is similar to mine

because spilling your guts for any person who happens upon your domicile is foolish, you will get burned for trusting people to respect your privacy.

If you want to diary, do that stuff on your computer, and encrypt the file that you're logging to.

---------------

As for those of you complaining about your handwriting, it's really not that hard to remedy that, it just takes a bit of repetition and time. Google for a cursive outline, and then copy each lowercase and uppercase letter across the span of a sheet of paper, such as a a a a a a a , b b b b b b b, etc.

Figure out what characters are easy for you to copy down legibly, and then figure out which ones are giving you problems. For the ones that are giving you problems, look for alternative ways/styles to write them. For instance, if the template Capital "i" is giving you some trouble, then do a google image search for "Capital cursive i" and then find something that works for you outside of the template you're working from. Some styles of cursive are more direct and pointy, while others are loopy and curvy.

After that you will find that connecting certain letters gives your problems and causes the legibility to decrease. In my case, connecting any lower case letter to "c" causes legibility issues. In those instances, work around the problem all together by breaking the connection between letters in instances, and starting fresh within the word with "c". Such as:

Cursive by the rules:

scallion -- without any breaks in connection between the letters.

Cursive to side step my problems transitioning into "c":

s --break-- callion -- starting fresh with c, and not breaking connection throughout the rest of the word.

>being this paranoid
take your pills user
i just took mine :)

You're going full Humbert. If you have any social activity where you live, whether it be a gf,friend,family,etc. You can never say for sure that they won't have access to what you've written.

That's fine if all you write in there is happy thoughts,rainbows, and sunshine; but you must really be on some pills if you've never had a rough patch, and written some things you'd rather other people not see.

if they see it is their problem not mine
also i have my diary always with me

I have one too. I keep my thoughts in a leather Sprintâ„¢ journal that I got for free at work one day.

At one point I got so depressed that I began putting my thoughts and feelings in there for the sake of being sane. Now I update it on a regular basis, and it has most of my remembered history in it.

It's funny what depression can drive a man to do.

Quality post my dude

Post pics of your notebooks

my diary desu

this

I would love to have a quality notebook to write some quality thoughts.

There's one problem I have with that plan.

i tried keeping a journal, but frankly it was utterly mortifying to go back and read the things i wrote down, which was only my honest thoughts, opinions, and observations; and there was strange disassociation, like, "Really, that was what going through my mind? How asinine, how self-centered, how petty," I could hardly recognize myself (or maybe didn't want to).

Plus, the writing itself just wasn't very good and i'd rather use the odd Veeky Forums post as my personal blog, my diary desu

Here you are.
I hope you're happy.

ecstatic

This guy gets it.

Real here, I don't have any picture of them with me and I'm not home for the holidays, and don't care enough to take a pic, send to pc and upload here, so I'll leave you guys with nothing lel

How big are each of your diaries/journals? I'm thinking of getting an A4 moleskin, but it would be a bit large to cart around.

>a good amount of historical information comes from the diaries of famous men

Because i already went through that phase

You're going to write in it for like three days

I received a nice little moleskin notebook as a graduating present from my high school lit teacher... Told me Hemingway carried one just like it everywhere he went. She said I had incredible potential to be a writer of his caliber...
I haven't used the notebook yet. I feel too guilty and don't want to ruin it.
eyyy

I have a few. Mostly comp standard notebooks which work just fine, but one small notebook I can take with me if I so choose. Not too much larger than my hand. So long as you can write small and neat, size isn't a huge issue. Get something portable.
A good point
Not if you're not a faggot.