ITT: gamechanging study habits

ITT: gamechanging study habits.

I just opened my eyes to the magic of timed breaks for getting schoolwork done. I took about two hours of total work time to write a paper that normally would have taken me five or six- mostly due to foot dragging, fatigue and distractions. All I did differently was set a timer to remind myself to take breaks at regular intervals. 45 mins of work, then 20 mins of fuckoff time. Painless. Dunno why I haven't been working that way all my life.

Anyone else got something like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>20 mins of fuckoff time
How do you use those efficiently to ensure proper rest? Meditation?

the only problem is my 5-10 min of fuckoff time turns into a 2 hour long binge

Just don't be a puss. Put some caffeine in your face and get it done. After that, all day is an untimed break.

It's called "finding you're own rythm".
It's good u did. Try mess around with the timers on non-important work, see if u can find an optimum division of time.

Before advising it to anyone tho, keep in mind your optimal division is personal, not universal. Mine is 5 hr of work straight, then 2h15 of pause. Friend of mine is at 50min work, 10 min break (observe the much higher ratio ; you don't want to have a the highest ratio, you want to be the more productive that you can when you work.)

Good,to the end of your studies that 45 minutes will me down to 10 to 15 tops.
Use it well.

Fuck off time should not be digital.

It's better to take shorter yet more frequent breaks.

20 on ten off or 15 on five off is what I do.

>be coding all day
>struggling with hard problems
>take a break and browse Veeky Forums and completely remove code from mind
>come back to code and instantly have solution for problem

its really weird how often this works. dat subconscious mind tho

I never study and barely do homework
The edge of stress is what keeps me alive because otherwise I'd want to kill myself for less valid reasons

I started doing this too. 25 minute work sessions with 5 minute breaks in between. 20 minute breal after 4 work sessions in a row. This just absolutely destroys the need to procrastinate, in my case anyway. It especially helps when you use a physical timer, because once the timer starts running, you feel to need to use your 25 minutes productively.

Anki is really good for keyword:definition modules

I was in the military, so 50 min of work/study and 10 minute breaks work wonders for me.

whatever you say SATAN

hey your post number has four eights in it

It's easier to mentally accept just doing small chunks of work at a time, where sitting down with the intent to write a paper all in one sitting just makes my brain dig its heels in.

This. Last minute is best minute. Nice quads too

I count six.

Stick around, kid, you could learn a lot from a board like this.

I can't focus at all if I do this.

It's called Pomodoro.

Playing vidya and then winging the test. Straight As for the most part and I have time to do more interesting stuff

FYI its called the pomodoro technique