Advice request from Veeky Forums, home of the wonderfully intellectual, literate, civilized part of Veeky Forums

I turned 18 last Tuesday. My life has been pretty pitiful up to that point, the life of a bored, introverted, self doubting individual. I've always loved to read, and I've been reading for as long as I can remember. It's unfortunate that I never really had a social life or that I couldn't get new books for months. So I had to contend with rereading Sherlock Holmes, harry potter and War and peace for years. I have access to the internet now, so I can read much more. Consider me literature beginner.

I plan to read a lot in 2017. What books do you think are helpful to cultivate the skill of reading, that'll help me with masterpieces that are difficult for people like me?

I come from the land of the muslim curry niggers. Urdu is my native tongue, although my proficiency in it is worse than my proficiency in english. I hardly expect any advice from lit on urdu literature, but you never know.

Please help a beginner as much as possible. Thank you.

Try lurking loser

Ive been here for like 4 to 5 months now.

Then you clearly haven't lurked for long enough

Oh please, what do i get from lurking? Most "advice" is just start with the greeks or lurk moar feggit.
Ive got a general idea in my mind from months of lurking. I just need more dorect advice.

I'm not those guys, but I don't even know what the fuck you want. Your entire thread is just talking about you and your life, like Veeky Forums is your blog.

Start with the Greeks is actually very sound advice. Homer, Sophocles, Aeschylus, Euripides, and Plato are wonderful places to start.

START WITH THE FUCKING GREEKS. Iliad. Odyssey. Histories. Persian War. The playwrights. Plato. Aristotle.

Ease up you smelly paki, we're not here to serve you

Go to write what's on your mind thread.

Just read the second paragraph and ignore the rest. Its pretty obvious.

I do realize that reading the greeks is meritorious. The only problem is that Im not from the western culture, so ignoring my own heritage and tradition seems stupid.
And i'm asking for advice, not service. Why do you have to be so hostile?

i have a few differant charts if you want me to post them, just variantions of top 100 lit reads and start kits ect aswell as a top self help book chart just say if you want me to post em

this

Yeah, please do so.

Some more charts really would be helpful. As ive said before, Ive lurked for a long time and ive already seen that beginner chart. Read 9 books from it too.

>The only problem is that Im not from the western culture, so ignoring my own heritage and tradition seems stupid.

News flash son, you are in Western Culture. My ancestors though European weren't Greek same as yours but its the foundation of all our cultures because that's how empire works.
If you think modern Urdu writers aren't just as influenced by the Greeks as American writers you're deluded

Urdu is a made up language and I doubt you want to read a bunch of Hindi shit

here we go then, sorry if they are shit

Start here, then move on.

and another

living off the land, just incase

Thats a fair point actually. Socrates trial is actually a famous story in urdu, and arguably the greatest urdu poet was heavily influenced by nietzsche. No, i realize how important the greeks are now. Thanks.True. I dont have the time to learn sanskrit or understand farsi or arabic.

dont know if all of these are effective and its missing how to win freinds which should also be on there, but the meme gymnastics makes people dislike it becuase of popularity

and if you wanna come over to christianty or just learn more about it heres the recomneded reading for that

It also has Ayn Rand, which is a big drawback.

To the guys who sent all of those charts, thank you. I just have one question - is reading chronologically necessary to properly understand all of the books? Or can i read from any time period?

What change must i bring in myself to understand these classics? Sorry if im testing your patience!

Also Getting Things Done (does Veeky Forums like GTD?)

I was born a muslim but im closet agnostic. I would like to learn about any religion. Even my knowledge of islam is poor.

Read the Torra, my friend, the beginning of all monotheistic religions.

Read whatever you want. Don't turn this into a grind right away - you'll only get burnt out and frustrated.

Just work on your building your attention span. Even read crappy lit if you feel like it. The physical act of reading should be the only thing that you should be working on right now. Better taste and a desire to grind through tougher lit will come naturally to you in time.

It's an organic process. Don't rush it.

I will read it, though religion is not my primary interest. That is gaining knowledge.

Thank you man, i like your comment. Ive been reading something called "how to read" and thats really helped. Ive realized now that i mist change myself before i undertake this journey.

I tried, it just made me an anti-semite.

Can't advise if you are Goyim. Too much red pill is a bad idea. Better to maintain the notion Jews have similar values to us.

no order in those charts, pic one you like look it see if it sounds alright to you

>Can't advise if you are Goyim. Too much red pill is a bad idea.

And you want them to remain enslaved.. why? Because the truth is unpleasant?

>Because the truth is unpleasant?

You cannot escape their control.

Enjoy the decline, and our place in the Caste -system.

If I read all of these will I become a better person?

How many years will it take?

I found Reddit's list, reminder that Ender's Game is better than Lolita