Can we talk about sake? Recently went to a sake bar and was surprised how delicious that stuff can be

Can we talk about sake? Recently went to a sake bar and was surprised how delicious that stuff can be.
What brand of sake do you enjoy? Any recommendations? Pic related is the best sake I have been able to find for a reasonable price so far

Other urls found in this thread:

sakeshop.chefsarmoury.com/p/Japanese-Sake/Dewatsuru-Sakura-Emaki-Ancient-Rice-Sake-360ml/AK07
wellnessnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/bigstock-126571706.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wow this is just like one of my japanese animes!

>complaining about Japanese things on a weeb imageboard

立山無濾過特別純米生原酒

Is it worth the price tag?

I go to Walgreens and get the one that's 3 bucks. It's nice chilled and warm. Idk, Sake is cool. Don't know too much of what's the best. I just like the buzz

Tards gonna tard, user.

Can you give me the brand name? I have just been going through the brands available at my local asian market and so far the stuff from California is the most delicious IMO

Sake was the only alcohol my parents let me drink when I was growing up, and I really liked it, but I haven't had it since my mid-teens. I really should get a bottle again.

I don't actually drink often so I just have a bottle of what I assume is basic bitch tier Gekkeikan. I did go to a sake tasting once and had a Yuzu flavored one and a junmai daiginjo that were fan-fucking-tastic

otokoyama and karatamba are both pretty good. look for junmai sakes.

Kizakura Yamahai

Fucking cheap but good. Go to everytime.

sake is alright, the cheap stuff usually sucks though

>Asian friend has housewarming party
>They offer some kind of unfiltered traditional sake
>Full of yeast clumps

I gulped it down and thanked them, but that was disgusting.

clumps? that's not supposed to happen, it was bad sake. unfiltered doesn't mean lumpy.

you know how most whites don't know shit about wine? so it is with asians and sake. does that blow your mind?

user, there is no greater evil in the world than enjoying a Japanese thing.

I wish gay bars where i lived served sake

theres a big gap in the market for an Eastern gay bar here in London

I drink soju

I like the chinky brown dubious tasting rice wine desu. I think some sake varieties can also have that flavor.

Fucking horrible. Literally tastes like kilju.

>disliking alcohol
>>>

Got a bottle of this purple rice sake for my birthday, it was pretty good

sakeshop.chefsarmoury.com/p/Japanese-Sake/Dewatsuru-Sakura-Emaki-Ancient-Rice-Sake-360ml/AK07

>Purple
That's pink.

The rice strain it's made from is purple you nigger

wellnessnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/bigstock-126571706.jpg

Baijiu >>> soju >>>>>>>>>>> sake

Looks like lighter fluid

this

I wish my town was big enough to have a sake bar. I'd be there often. I don't really have much selection in my town but your image and the basic GEKKIKAN is all my town offers. Both are like $8 a bottle and I enjoy them warmed in a pot. I don't know much about sake, but it's become my favorite alcohol as of late.

That shit is evil. Does the job but burns like hell and gives a nice headache the next day. Great if you wanna give it to someone trying alcohol for the first time and you want to discourage them from drinking more.

Tastes like it too, it amuses the shit out of me how prices of that stuff have gone through the roof in the last 15 years

anyone who says soju is good is a fucking retard, it's literally just neutral spirits watered down and sweetened until palatable to sensitive gooks and could easily be given to school children

Is it okay to drink this at room temperature?
How should I drink Sake?

you would give booze to school children? for shame user

>sweetened
>soju
I bet you think spiced rum is rum too

I mentioned this in the previous thread but pic related is a super accessible lower cost daijingo that should serve as your baseline for how you judge sake. If you drink this and find yourself wanting more, there's a whole world of amazing varieties out there.

You think i can find this in my local Asian supermarket?

Yes, it's super common. Here's an acceptable junmai jingo that's pretty good for the price, but the daijingo is cheap and worth the extra 10bux

Get it from bevmo

Unfiltered sake > all

Unpasteurized sake > your shit tastes

I don't think sharts can get unpasteurized sake, it's only available for like three months out of the year in Japan

It's rare, but I've had some stateside

You just have to live near a decent supplier

>clear, white spirit
>giving you more of a headache than whisky/beer etc.
Could you *BE* more ignorant?

The white clumps were rice not yeast.

had sake once, a $8 bottle, I think it was "plum"
it was good

Unfiltered sake is my favorite, so sweet

That was plum wine, not rice wine.

哦耶我的黑人