Why don't you pray and thank this legend atleast 10 times a day?

Why don't you pray and thank this legend atleast 10 times a day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/theblackponderer
plato.stanford.edu/entries/plato-ethics-shorter/
iep.utm.edu/gorgias/
plato.stanford.edu/entries/plato/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bc he's fat

He looks like he fixes the company servers at night

Top kek

He probably does. He explains how he does it to himself out loud while jerking off while doing it.

If I were someone who prayed, I would not get on my knees for another person. Fuck idolatry.

> tfw almost no one knows who Gregory Sandler is
K y s

To boringly pedantic, I can only stand to consume disjointed Zizekified discourse

I do to be honest

BASED GREGGO

I watched his lectures on Heidegger's Origin of the Work of Art. They had lots of info and tidbits in them, like explaining Greek references and some of the terminology, but they did absolutely nothing to explain the essay as a whole.

The Hegel walkthrough seems interesting but I can expect it would be a lot of microscopic clarification without saying anything about the larger ideas.

I seem to remember that being one of his worse lectures. I don't think he has the best handle on 20th century thought to be honest. But for all the earlier stuff, especially Greeks, he's a babe.

I think he's a pre-modern at heart, and his videos kind of show that.

That makes sense. Most classicists rock ponytails for some reason

Started the Hegel videos a couple of days ago.. love them

His "What is Metaphysics?" lecture on Heidegger was pretty good, but I think a lot of it slid past me. I'll give him another listen rn, thanks user.

Anyone here listen to Wes Cecil? I listened to a ton of his lectures last year but kinda dropped off after a while.

>tfw almost no one knows who Gregory Sandler is
>k y s

>Gregory Sandler
>Sandler

my brethren this is some high-test shitposting, you could at least spell the man's name correctly

Listen here OP (you fucking faggot):
You better be on multiple, okay, I mean M U L T I P L E, layers of irony right now. This had better be some (mildly) subtle post-iroic/meta-ironic dick riding on your part...
And if it isn't - if you're only on one layer of irony right now and you're just shit talking this guy, then you, my friend, are in for a world of hurt. Nobody, and I mean NO-BODY disrespects any of my niggas like that - you feel? Yo, imma put it to you like dis cuz: if you don't have the utmost respect for my main mans Gregory Saddler, than you're a fucking cockfaggot and you can expect to fucking Die like cockfaggot.

You got, that famalam? Good, I'm glad we're on the same page. If you cool with my mans Gregory, then you my nigga. I'm just looking out for my blood, you feel.

He got nothing on the based black ponderer

Philosophy lord and savior

>youtube.com/user/theblackponderer

I'm not ironic, truly. My phone autocorrected the name to Sandler.
Long live Greg

I'd venture to say that 70% of his subscribers visit this board.

He's a good bloke. His lectures on Aristotle and Descartes are really good.

His lectures on Hegel are ~~ ~~ I don't think he is explaining anything and when I finally 'get' a passage I would communicate it in a completely different and straightforward way.

He rated his own book 4 stars on goodreads and I said how that was a weird thing to do and he asked me what's wrong with it and I didn't respond because I was intimidated by his phrasing.

kek. That's corny but I don't blame him

Does he have good lectures on Plato? I can't check right now but I'm reading the complete works.

They're mostly on the Republic, for obvious reasons since it's Plato's most widely read book.

>He rated his own book 4 stars on goodreads and I said how that was a weird thing to do and he asked me what's wrong with it and I didn't respond because I was intimidated by his phrasing.
hahahahaha flylo copy pasta tier

And what are some good companions to Plato's works?

I wouldn't know about English ones, sorry. Maybe you can check out if the translator or editor of your edition wrote anything of the topic? It is quite common among scholars of philosophy.

>He rated his own book 4 stars on goodreads and I said how that was a weird thing to do and he asked me what's wrong with it and I didn't respond because I was intimidated by his phrasing.

I can read Spanish too and I'm reading the Gredos collection. It has some nice introductions, essays and it's widely annotated, but I was thinking about some extra.

Look for the dialogues in these scholarly encyclopedias. Sometimes they have articles on an individual dialogue itself.

For example:
plato.stanford.edu/entries/plato-ethics-shorter/
iep.utm.edu/gorgias/

And of course:
plato.stanford.edu/entries/plato/

Yeah, he has lectures on most of the major dialogues. It's in his core concepts playlist.

Most are pretty short tho

>4 stars
>writing a book and giving it 4 stars

I like him.

b/c all of his videos are fucking 90 minutes long.
Get to the point.
If I'm going to spend that much time thinking about philosophy I'm going to choose to read a book, not watch a 90 minute youtube.

pleb

Dude, I just went to his channel and picked up a video about languages he uses in his work.
15 minutes in and he's talking about he's giving me the history of his great-great-great-great-great-grandfather in the civil war. He's fucking unhinged and talks like a woman. My mind is a high performance machine and needs the highest quality lubricant. This guy is the fucking cheap gas you put in your weed whacker.

You don't get it. In philosophy, as Hegel points out, you can't you explain everything in a preface/minimalistic way. This Result is the activity and the problem/thing itself.
Long Live Based Greg

I do get it.
Rambling doesn't necessarily equal the thing itself though.
Just because you stretch out a youtube to 2 hours without any apparent plan or cohesion doesn't necessarily make it philosophical "activity"

Alright, but after my experience he doesn't seem to ramble but only makes thing clearer etc

Maybe it's a personal issue with the format and I just can't connect via youtube vids.

>My mind is a high performance machine and needs the highest quality lubricant

The lowest rating is from himself. He is literally his own worst critic.

lmao

Good call he was about to philosophically wreck you mate

I...I wasn't prepared to feel this feel...