Go to library in italy

>go to library in italy
>they literally only carry books by italians
>ask if they have pynchon because im a memer
>they scoff at the idea of carrying american books

the fuck is wrong with them?

They don't get that you don't just have to read authors from your country. I'd be fine with that read nothing but Joyce and Beckett. Is a state run library?

What is Italy like?

Is it a meme to take a holiday there? Anything underground that you recommend?

italian here, why should we carry american books? italian literature is literally the best in the world

pretty shitty atm but there are a lot of cool historical thing to see, also italian underground scene is dead af

t. Antonio Margheriti Spaghetti

Why the fuck would anyone want to read American books?

Do you Italian's hate tourists?

I really want to see Italy before the inevitable collapse.

Will you guys looks at me in disgust if I come? This happened to me in The Netherlands and I still don't know why, I think it was because I was wearing shorts.

>Do you Italian's hate tourists?
yes especially in cities like venice and florence

italians are more xenophobic than japs

What if I look slightly Italian and walk around casual without a camera? Will you notice?

Italian libraries are vastly superior to anything in Britain, and perhaps America. When I was there (Rome), I visited many bookshops - all books were of impressive quality and design - suiting the Italian language's long history in books, they had a variety of titles, and were especially literate in the philosophy and literature of the latinate world. I felt there that the shops there were actual bookshops and not just markets, for the stores we have in the UK all just sell mass market airport fiction in our (characteristically for the UK) bad quality paper, formatting, binding; Italy was different, and even when I was also in Belgium and Germany I found that the bookshops were superior.

I was there this summer. I had no problems in any city in was in.

Could you expand, please?

How was it? Did you get any looks?

>Continental Europe
take a wild guess

Are italians more friendly if i can speak italian?

Mafietti here. This is bullshit, in our libraries and bookshop you can find everything, from Pynchon to Durrenmatt.... if i find you say again those shits i will melterino in aciderino for make you sam gud sauce all'arrabbiata, mama mia!

fakeee. 60, 70% of the books in italian libraries are from foreign authors.

>go to Veeky Forums
>they only discuss books by anglos

the fuck is wrong with them?

im in pescara so maybe it's that way in bigger cities but not here it was all italian authors

Italians are the pigeons of Europe. People hate them when they're on holidays and they hate everyone that holidays in their country. I once spent a week in Vienna (lovely city, by the way) and the hotel I was staying in advised residents to avoid a bunch of restaurants because they were regularly crowded with Italians.

No, we envy a lot other countries (xenophobia is usually limited to immigrants), but we are too proud to admit it talking with actual foreigners.

>only carry books by italians?
lol what? italian here, we just have translations of foreign books, but we got them. italy and germany are two top importers/translators of american literature

no, we're not xenophobic enough. too kind with immigrants, too revelential with angols and northern europeans

Ma che cosa diavolo ti stai inventando, pazzo?

speak english frocio

Adesso accende il tuo tripcode

Im filtering you, faggot

>they scoff at the idea of carrying american books
But I read translations of White Fang, The Old Man and the Sea and Tarzan of the Apes from my village's library in my youth.

BTW even small bookstores where I live also happen to have untranslated books in some corner.

If.

Just don't act too surprised when you claim a girl is "bello" and she is puzzled or worse, so don't speak in Google Translate like does, do not bother.

>italian underground scene is dead af
Not really true tbqfh

Underground? Bologna is the place for you. It's the capital of punk culture, 20s jazz and old-school folk (the kind of folk you hear and play in taverns and squares). It's full of students, lgbt and mad people wandering drunk at night through alleys, shady porticoes and medieval churches. You can find drugs if you're a junkie, contraband cigarettes and liquors, delicious red wine and hidden parties in old basements. Bologna has also the greatest cuisine in Italy. You can easily lose yourself in such a city.

>It's the capital of punk culture, 20s jazz and old-school folk (the kind of folk you hear and play in taverns and squares). It's full of students, lgbt and mad people wandering drunk at night through alleys, shady porticoes and medieval churches. You can find drugs if you're a junkie, contraband cigarettes and liquors, delicious red wine and hidden parties in old basements
Sounds like degenerate garbage for poseurs, I'll pass

>Bologna has also the greatest cuisine in Italy
Careful not to fall for that bait

Excellent, you dodged a bullet there.

It's not. Are you a classical Veeky Forumsfag who reads all day? No probelm, pic related is one of the most ancient libraries in Italy, full of medieval codices and cool stuff. Perfect atmosphere for reading

zi ma come cazzo parli

Hmm...not sure about that but your women have great tits.

>Vicenza patrician coming through

>not wanting to engage with the literature of your home country
Globalist scum

They are trying to make up for that fact that they haven't contributed anything to society since the renaissance besides sports cars and decadent food.

Squatting in the ruins of their past with sequin jeans while throwing cigarette butts on the ground. Complaining about the people who make up the demographic of the only industry keeping them employed.

I thought Italians were supposed to be patricians, what happened?

>who is Galilei
>who is Ariosto
>who is Tasso
>who is Leopardi
>who is Canova
>who is Hayez
>who is Volta
>what is Futurism
>what is Rationalism
>what is Neorealism
>what is Hermeticism
>who is Svevo
>who is Pasolini
>who is Gramsci
>who is Calvino
>who is Montale
>who is De Chirico
>who is Morandi
>who is Fermi
>who is Meucci
>who is Faggin
>who is Olivetti
nice display of ignorance, you butthurt barbarous

we are cool with non-italian speakers

>What is Italy like?
It's like north New Jersey with older buildings and worse pizza.

underrater