Scientifically speaking...

Scientifically speaking, should it be possible for a 10 year old boy weighing 60lbs and 4'7 tall to be twice as strong as an 18 year old man weighing 123lbs and 6'1 tall?

Well I had to supervise my 10 year old brother at the gym, I don't usually go but my dad couldn't go to with him so I had to go. He could bench 85lbs and I couldn't bench the bar (45lbs).

Then when we got home, we arm wrestled with my 2 arms versus his 1 and he won. How is this possible? Do 10 year olds have enough testosterone to be that much stronger than an 18 year old? He's not even a particularly strong looking kid, that's him in the pic attached. He looks like a nerd.

Could it be a misunderstanding? Do arm wrestles and bench presses constitute strength? Please don't roast me, stick to scientific answers. And this is not a /fit question, I don't want advice on how to improve.

He's not strong you're just weak

Go see a doctor, ASAP if you can barely bench 45lbs at 18 years old. you probobly need medical treatment. Might have ALS, MD, or some other degenerative disorder.

Well it's a bit of both, but he shouldn't be THIS much stronger than me, right? Could I have an underlying condition that I don't know about or something?

>Do 10 year olds have enough testosterone to be that much stronger than an 18 year old?
It's not that he's strong, you're just pathetically weak.

>123lbs and 6'1 tall
>I couldn't bench the bar
Seriously, at this point this should be a health concern.

Being unable to bench a bar is really bad, you should honestly go see a doctor

123 lbs at 6'1"? at 18? you're really skinny man

I feel like I'm in good health, just really weak. Are there any disorders where the person doesn't feel any symptoms except weakness? I've never even been to a hospital before.

I'm just worried because I really should be able to beat an 11 year old in an arm wrestle with both my arms trying my hardest. That's not normal, is it?

To be fair, benching 85lbs when you only weigh 60lbs is impressive.
His brother is strong for his age and size. Most 18 year olds nowadays would struggle with benching 85lbs.

Holy fuck I already saw this on Veeky Forums how many different boards have you made this thread on?

>I don't want advice on how to improve
Fucking seriously? When some shit goes down and you get trapped under a 45 lb boulder you're gonna wish you had taken better care of your body

I feel bad for the OP, wanted an answer, got flamed so hard we was well-done.

I'm more interested in how this is possible rather than how to improve. I can just google on how to workout and shit.

Anyway, if I get trapped under a 45lbs boulder I can just call my 10 year old brother to lift it for me. Joke, but not really. This is hurting my ego.

Your arms are longer than his arms, and therefore it requires more torque for you to straighten your arms for a bench press.

You're OK, OP. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, how does that explain the arm wrestling though? He beat me pretty easily with 1 arm versus my 2. Could that be something to do with arm length as well? I don't think I am twice as weak as him. He's a bit of a nerd and doesn't do any sports.

You are WEAK.
Get STRONGER.
Stop being a BITCH.

Your arms are bigger and weigh more, so it's easier to push them down because gravity helps. It's hard to push his arm down because it's so light it wants to float up

Ah, this is sarcasm got it. Was the whole torque thing sarcasm as well?

I'm not being a bitch. My brother still respects me.

I'm pretty sure his arms are bigger than mine anyway. Not in length but in mass.

>My brother still respects me.
You wrote in other threads that he bullies you, makes you eat things off the ground and you have to pay him 5 british moneys a day.

Well I lied about the respect thing. I just want to know how I'm this weak, I don't want help on any of the bullying stuff right now. Doesn't need to be mentioned in this thread.

but your arms are skinnier and denser so theres no air resistance. his arms are like strong heavy balloons and your arms are like sticks

>how I'm this weak
Malnutrition + lack of activity.
That is all.
Eat more and exercise.

He's pretty skinny himself, he's only 60lbs. I think his muscles show more because he's skinny, saying his arms are like strong heavy balloons is an exaggeration. But yeah, mine are pretty stick-like.

Easier said than done, I can't put on weight to save my life.

>Could I have an underlying condition that I don't know about or something?
Yeah, it's called being a weak, skinny, DYEL faggot that likes dick.

>123lbs and 6'1" tall
Jesus fucking Christ

>how this is possible rather than how to improve
It's possible because you've done nothing to improve it, you retarded piece of shit.

>Easier said than done, I can't put on weight to save my life.
Eat big, lift big, get big. It's literally that simple.

1. You are extremely weak and skinny.
2. He is probably similar in strength to you, but he has better leverage because of short limbs.

A BMI 17 or below is a common metric for diagnosing anorexia. Your BMI is about 16. This is not even remotely normal. Go to a doctor and ask about this specifically.

Where? Nigeria? Have you seen American 18 year olds? Jfc

You don't even need to lift right now, it can be dangerous, actually, you'll improve a lot just by eating.
also this

Don't give him false hope. His brother is obviously a lot stronger than him. And OP you need to work on your jealously of your brother, it's oozing off of you.

Is this for real? Do tell kind user

He already made a thread on Veeky Forums. He was told to beat the little shit up, and also to get bigger, but then he said he was hoping for advice on how to get his brother to stop bullying him without fighting him.
The thread got deleted.

It's not important for this thread, but yeah he bullies me quite badly, I've been paying him for 6 months now and I'm too scared/weak to do anything about it.

I'm not jealous of him.

How can lifting be dangerous? Please explain, I'm planning on starting. And don't anorexic people think they look good skinny? I know I'm ugly af skinny.

if he hit his brother than he's no better than a bully himself. He should run away and tell their parents

You made 2 threads about your brother, both showing you as a bitch and him as strong. You're extremely jealous of him, go see a therapist it's not normal.
Bullying does strange things to a person's brain especially when it's this severe.

I'm not saying you have anorexia specifically. However you almost certainly have either very abnormal physiology or eating habits which need to be dealt with.

>How can lifting be dangerous?
If you're really starving engaging in physical activity can put you over the edge and end you, not to mention the damage on your joints since you'll pretty much only be using bones to lift the bar.
If you've been living like this for a while though you'll probably be fine as long as you don't fuck up the forms. Still, getting bigger is more important than lifting in your case, since you won't really be able to put on any muscle if you keep barely eating. You should look at and start bulking.

If you actually think this you deserve to be bullied.

Nope, he needs to hit him.
His brother treats him like a complete bitch. Are you still paying your bro OP?

Thanks, what's the ideal weight to get to before I can start lifting? I don't want to risk any injuries, I'll bulk first.

Yeah, he does and yeah, I am.

145 pounds is at the bottom end of normal BMI for your height, that'd be a good place to reach.

With all the food he makes you eat off the floor, it should be easy to bulk.
If you're still paying your brother then you deserve everything you get.

This can't be real. I'm calling bait. Sage and unscientific. Begone

As far as avoiding injury I'd say start doing simple body weight exercises like pushups and lunges. You can do these practically anywhere. This will get your body used to doing strenuous activity so you will be ready for doing real weight lifting. Start off slow and focus on form. You can start lifting real weights once you are at the point where you can consistently maintain good form and not start excessively shaking while doing these simple exercises, regardless of your current weight.

Well that's impossible, would take about 2 years to get that. I'll aim for 130, weight doesn't come easy for me.

I can't help it. I get small sort of anxiety attacks around him. I freeze up, stutter, the whole shebang. Anyway, this thread is not about any of that. Keep it science.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Yeah, no problem. No sure why you are looking for advice here though....

Weight doesn't come easy for anyone when they don't eat.
EAT
MORE
If you can't force yourself to eat more, then drink a gallon of milk a day.

mass gainer shakes user, they're a godsend for skinny fags like you

Be honest user, is it possible that you're attracted to him?
I think you could have developed some Stockholm Syndrome from getting bullied by him.
1) You keep talking about how strong he is.
2) You said that you freeze and stutter around him.
3) You treat him as superior.
Maybe the reason why you don't fight back against him is because you're attracted to him. Just a theory, don't be mad.

That's stupid, not even going to bother tearing that thought-process apart.

How does milk help gain weight? I can't afford shakes on a daily basis.

>how does taking in more calories cause me to gain weight
Your body doesn't defy the laws of thermodynamics.

Jesus this thread....
Alright OP, ex/fit/ here, cuz I left once I got what I needed. They are chronic faggots.

You need to find a bunch of quick,cheap, and calorie/nutrient dense food.
Any food eaten enough will help you gain weight.

You simply need to eat more calories than you burn. Being a 6'1" 18 year old skinnyfag means your metabolism is fucking high.

It also means your cursed with eating a fucking huge amount each day. Although in your situation there is one small benefit: you can eat however much you want, however you want.

The best option would be a controlled intake of protein, clean carbs, and controlled fat intake. It sounds like your a poorfag too, which is unfortunate, but workable. This means that you will need to get a little fat before you get muscle.

The "dirty bulk" instead of a clean bulk still isn't the worst idea in your place though.

The best options for a poorfag depends on exactly how poorfag you are, or how far you're willing to go mentally/financially.

If you can handle it, the best answer to your problem is buying rice, oatmeal, peanut butter, eggs, and cottage cheese.

All of these things can be bought in bulk at sams/Costco for almost dirt. Any dairy product would also be useful, depends on what you can afford.

On top of that, if you're not a third worlder, eat anything else you can get your hands on all day every day.

Now, you need to fucking eat. If you can do basic math, attempt to get 3500+ calories a day. Also drink a good bit of water, about a gallon a day, regardless of food intake.
If your not shitbroke, throw in other shit to mix it up, can be anything. Chicken, beans, bread, OATZ, fruit, veggies for clean eating, but pizza, ice cream, etc is good all day long as well at your weight. (Cuz protip I cant imagine how much of a spooky fucking skeleton you are)

Honestly, all anyone can tell you at this point is just eat your ass into a new size/1

After you start to gain a few pounds, which should be after a month or so, keep eating.

All this time you should be working out. You sound like quite possibly the weakest male I've personally met, so my guest is literally anything could help.

Find the heaviest thing you can pick up (struggling), and keep picking it up. Once a day, twice a day, keep doing it until you are able to do it with ease. Then start doing planks, or a pushup on your knees if you can. Then, start to build that number, as well as basic shit like sit-ups and airsquats.

If you can manage to even get to the point where you can do 10 regular pushups, youre ready for other shit, which can be found online in simple guides.

Do your best to not run/bike/swim/other cardio. At your weight, it would add extra calories to eat.

There are two things I should mention as well.

1. Sleep. If your not getting at least 6 hours a night your fucked. 7-8+ is best though. I get 9.

2. Some people on this fucking website are idiots so I'll mention it.

No fucking drugs. Not even normal cigarettes. No weed, not shit. Alcohol is fine though, its extra calories and slows metabolism.

If you're taking something for adhd or autism, that could be causing some of your issues, and you may find it harder than the average person.

If you live a normal, simple life, than eating 3500+ calories, sleeping 7+, and increasing your daily resistance training will work.

If you fuck it up, it will not work.

If you give up after only 2 weeks, it won't work.
If you dont eat 3500, it won't work.
If you only get 4 hours of sleep each night, it won't work
If you're a fucking stoner, it won't work.
If you do some other weird shit I'm not thinking about, it won't work.

If you dont fuck it up, and it still isn't working, go see a doctor.

Thank you so much, I'm not too poor I just need to save money for going to Uni in a couple of months.

Just a couple things from that, would push ups and sit ups count as cardio and make it harder to lose weight? Or am I just an idiot? Btw, I can't ride a bike or swim so no need to worry about getting any other cardio in.

Anyway, I'll try to stick to this. I usually lose motivation after a couple of weeks with things like this, but I'll try.

Sorry that this turned into a /fit thread of sorts, it wasn't supposed to be.

>I can't put on weight to save my life.

EAT

BIG

/not a meme

Bro you are almost fucking dead at that weight and height

>tfw deadlift 430
>tfw bench 185

When you were 10 years old, how much could you bench? Also, at 60lbs he's benching almost 1 and a half times his body weight.

where are your parents in this user?

it seems like they raised you like a bitch and raised him like a bully, is there any favoritism in this?

Yeah, maybe. I was always the slower unambitious one, didn't start speaking properly until I was 4. I could speak but mostly gibberish. My brother is smarter, more charismatic which my parents like and I'm sort of the dopey older brother.

Maybe less favouritism with my mum, but with my dad there's definitely favouritism.

m8, you just didn't get a good roll of the dice, you have shit genes (you're tall though so that's good) and shit parents, you were malnutritioned most of your life

now you can post on all boards all day and bitch about it (like you do most of your life, be a bitch) or you can change from now, bulk up like the bois said, and beat the fuck out of that little cunt.

Well I can't say that, I live in a 1st world country, got good friends etc, I could have got a worse roll for sure. Hell, the odds of winning the sperm race are 1 in a trillion anyway, I guess every person has a good roll of the dice looking at it from that perspective.

I think even if I bulked up a lot, I still wouldn't be able to beat him up. He could leave me alone though, that's what I'm aiming for. It's a psychological thing as well, I get scared around him. I used to stammer quite a bit, not so much anymore but I stammer around my brother almost in every conversation we have.

That's fucked, OP. I mean the kid is kind of strong but you're ridiculously weak. Like you're probably infested with worms or some fucked up shit. SEE A DOCTOR, FOR REAL!

I'm with the OP apparently. I've just started benching and the most I can do is 75lbs.
Kid has me beat by 10lbs.

>Veeky Forums in a nutshell
unless there is something to degrade and berate theres no thread

Veeky Forums fag here. Cardio will only make you lose weight if you burn more calories than you take in, which is why some fat people claim they never lose weight despite cardio. Just do proper form sit ups, pull ups, and pushups and you should have a decently strong build in a few months. And no cardio is long, drawn out, and keeps your heart at an elevated level.

>6'1"
>120 lbs
Holy Auschwitz

You can lift today if you want, just eat some god damn food and dont push yourself. Go to fit and read the sticky

Jesus Christ, your brother is a piece of shit. So you have to pay him 5 pounds a day and he makes you eat off the floor. On top of that, you stammer when around him.
You're going to need therapy by the time you move out. The way you talk about your brother is disturbing.
"He's smarter, stronger". No OP, your brother is a dumb piece of shit bully. He's not smarter. Stop saying positive things about him. Do you want to be his bitch forever?

He is smarter, he almost got into Mensa when he was younger. He's stronger, more athletic, had way more girlfriends than me (I only kissed 1 girl before, we didn't fuck. He has a different girlfriend each week) etc. I appreciate you trying to save my feels, but he's an alpha and I'm a beta. Got to show alphas respect.

Why are you making up this stupid ass story

I'm not. I didn't even want to bring up the bullying on this thread, other people just started talking about my other thread I made about the bullying.

>got to show alphas respect

Lol /r9k/ tier b8

Dammit OP, I almost fell for it. If it does happen to be real and you think your brother is entitled because of his genetics, just jump off a cliff

It's basic primate hierarchy. More alpha you are, the more respect and leeway you get. That's true in all animals, including humans. I'm not saying he's entitled to do this, but it's his choice.