I hate myself for asking, but can one of you nerds please explain this?

Mathematicaly, if possible.

fuckin google it brainlet

l2 fucking circles

V=d/t

Same t, larger d, so larger v

Angular velocity is different from velocity.

But that doesn't make sense! How is one point going faster if it's still connected to the other?

thus

Hold a pen by the tip and swing it back and forth. Notice that the point you grip barely moves at all, but the other end moves fast.

This is just what rotation is. When an object rotates, some parts move faster than other parts

thusly

Hey! Congratulations, you can tell somebody you taught someone a thing today!

Coincidentally, I had to envision abGreek gladiator spinning a boulder attached to the end of a long rope to understand the conscept, but that's probably indicative of why I didn't get it in the first place. Thank you.

It's common sense and I'm not trying to be an ass. You haven't learnt properly because your confusion came from just naively taking the equation v=d/t. If you are interesting open a mechanics textbook and go to rotational motion. Idk what's your backround so either HS or ubdergrad

same angular velocities, different lengths.

more length -> more velocity

have you taken an elementary mechanics course? this website is for adults.

>can't imagine two objects rotating on a disk
how does it feel to be a brainlet, OP?

The car on the outer edge of the turn has to go faster to clear it in the same time as the car on the inner edge.

Struggling with shit like this is something I would expect from an actual child, not even a teen, just a brat who hasn't learned to communicate properly yet.

The "groove" (the humps and bumps) of the record is tighter (the humps and bumps are closer together) as you get closer to the center of the record.

In other words, the linear information density is larger at the center of the record than at its extremities.

Its called rotation. Also known as spinning around. Trippy isnt it?

thus'tly

Are we on reddit?

Do I make a pun now?

Are we talking about circles? Woah! You couldn't have picked less edgy topic!

But steels heavier than feathers.

>AbGreek
The new android keyboard is out of control.

Do vinyl record heads move at constant linear or at constant angular velocity?

cause the atoms on the inside have a higher angular velocity with a lower tangential speed and the atoms on the outside have a lower angular velocity and higher tangential speed

or something i think

thus'av'wouldl'moreover