Is Nassim Taleb Veeky Forums + Veeky Forums + Veeky Forums?

Is Nassim Taleb Veeky Forums + Veeky Forums + Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C46_hsp3CZw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally all of his ideas have been disproven, along with that guy who claimed that Roe v. Wade caused the crime rate to drop. Anyone who has taken first year statistics would be able to disprove these pop-sci idiots.

>all of his ideas have been disproven
Link, faggot. Also Taleb is a professional statistician

certainly not Veeky Forums
>those shoe-things

>Also Taleb is a professional statistician

That just means he knows how to lie. He's also one of those dumb fucks who think Monsanto is worse than Hitler.

>>>/reddit/

Prove one (1) thing Monsanto has done wrong, besides sue the fuck out of Nassim Taleb, who cannot even debate them, all he can do is call people "retard" on twitter. He's not an intellectual, he's a shill.

>deadlifting with mixed grip

Agent Orange. Toxic dumping. Post mergers: litigious seed copyright hawking on farmers, monopolization.

faggot

Taleb's ideas are generally right, and he writes about probability and statistics in an accurate way that most don't understand, I say this as a former small-time professional poker player (only made 18K / yr because I wasn't good enough to make more)

This guy is wrong: Taleb is on a whole different level compared to say, Gladwell.

>Roe v. Wade caused the crime rate to drop

less black people means lower crime rate

what's not to understand here?

>Doing anything with mixed grip

What's the fucking point?

So you can a sickening one-trap adonis body like the pisslord Janoy Cresva

youtube.com/watch?v=C46_hsp3CZw

Kek, he just wanted to beat his record. Everyone is doing that.

>That pic

You can't have arched footwear when you deadlift heavy.

Taleb would despise the scientism IYIs on Veeky Forums.

I don't know how I feel about Taleb.

I read the Black Swan and Fooled by Randomness which gave me new perspective and changed the way I thought about things, but I feel like both of those could have been about a tenth of the length. They're hard books to read just because they're filled with insufferable anecdotes and digression that seem to exist just to demonstrate how very smart NNT is.

i think monsanto is worse than hitler, but that is only because i like hitler and I'm neutral towards monsanto

Depending on your view of Taleb either he is an "IYI" himself, or he's a smart dude who would probably disapprove of people using his essays against sophistry as a sophist buzz-word.

Talking about "IYIs" while having no "skin in the game" is being an IYI.

Taleb is the ne plus ultra of IYIs

To be completely honest he seems like a meme, I read just a few pieces of writing he has done and I'm not sure what I could learn from them.

He reminds me of my dad a little bit.