The most overrated album of all time is Ok Computer, followed by Dark Side of the dadrock

The most overrated album of all time is Ok Computer, followed by Dark Side of the dadrock.

What's the most overrated book of all time?

/mu/

>The most overrated album of all time is Ok Computer
Pretty sure it's that NMH album that /mu/ memes about

Gravity's Rainbow

most overrated album is In the aeroplane over the sea

Anything written by Pynchon

this and this, though 1984 is pretty damn overrated

A Confederacy of Dunces
The Divine Comedy

Overrated means, just like the words says, that something is rated, or valued, higher than it deserves. Deserves, huh? This should throw up a flag right away, because how are you supposed to measure how much praise something deserves? To do this, you would have to objectively quantify how good an artist or a piece of art is, which is already impossible. You can argue that there are many qualities that could be quantified objectively, but it still falls apart because everyone values these qualities differently. Someone might agree with Schenkerian analysis that harmony is the most important thing in music, while someone else will definitely argue that innovation is.

You can’t measure how ‘good’ a piece of art or an artist is, and as such it’s impossible to measure how much praise it deserves, and how highly it deserves to be valued. Therefore it’s idiotic to use a phrase such as “They are overrated”. You are still free to say something like “I believe the critics overrated the historical importance of X”, because not only are you specifying which aspect you think has been overrated, but you’re also specifying who you think is overrating it, and that there’s no objectivism at play here - you’re simply stating that it is your subjective evaluation that differs from that of someone else’s.

What you’re actually saying when you use a term like “X are overrated” is really nothing other than “Others like X more than I do”.

you are autistic

Holy Bible.
Maybe Alcoran.

It conveys a certain feeling, and does so well. That's all art ever is.

Exact!

Wrong!

Hello? 1984 is one of the most eye opening novels of all time, it makes you aware of a potential police state
Ok computer is not "overrated" per se. It's just widely known and very mysterious bit overrated would be like joe rogan as a comic. He's only funny if you don't understand how and why jokes are funny.
Tom Brady is overrated

>art is only what i get out of it

nice aesthetics you got there faggot

>it still falls apart because everyone values these qualities differently
No. You just quantify it individually.

What everyone else says they get out of it is only just pretending. Most theories of aesthetics are founded on pretense.

>being Protestant

Posting it so nobody else has to.

yeah u right

1984 is not for everyone... you need a certain level of intelligents to vibe with his prose.

Not being Protestant or Islamic.

catch 22

I despise that supposedly funny nonsense.

Fuck you, Airbag is the best song of the 90s

Came here to post this

I love ACoD. In fact, I think it's high time I read it again.

>The most overrated album of all time is Ok Computer
Nothing truer has ever been said

>The Divine Comedy
Someone open the window please, it smells like pleb in here!

>or Islamic

>Airbag
Not choosing Paranoid Android

/mu/ really is retarded if they think their vacuum is the general opinion on music
The most overrated album of all time has to be some kind of shitty classic rock for sure
Veeky Forums is just as retarded for thinking it's GR or IJ, it would be something POPULAR. Harry Potter is an actual contender.

I don't /mu/ so I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but pic related best radiohead album to be desu with you imo.

I like OK computer but I would agree it is a bit overrated. Most overrate album of all time? Don't be silly.

Most overrated book? It has to be someone boringly obvious. I'm sure you could find millions who rate the twilight series as the best books ever written.

forgot pic

Islam is pretty comfy, desu

>make up, on the spot, a definition for a word
>go into gratuitous analysis of the minutiae of your own language you arbitrarily decided to specifically use
>"this is a valid argument i am making"

"no"

War and Peace

I got over a hundred pages into it and it was never not boring as FUCK upper class soap opera tier drama

>Hello?
Girls aren't allowed on Veeky Forums

You read like 5%of the book, you can't call it overrated

>The Divine Comedy
Shut your whore mouth

ok fair enough

im still going to call it boring and shitty writing though

Lolita

The Great Gatsby
Citizen Kane
Sgt. pepper

/thread

1984 is probably relevant in China, but I'm the US and Europe out is basically meaningless compared to Brave New World imo

They are. Non readers aren't allowed on Veeky Forums

As far as tolstoy, I find it difficult to read, it's very dialogue involved, it very rarely translates to reality, only good for reading late then fall asleep.

>not choosing Let Down

pinecone is a trash writer and you should feel bad

>thinking anything on OKC can beat Kid A (the song) or How to Disappear Completely

embarassing reddit meme-tier opinion

>Thinking anything on Kid A surpasses Life in a Glasshouse or Pyramid Song
ONCE AGAAAAIN

"1984" is just "We" but not as good.

I bet your favourite book is Inifinite Jest you tasteless pleb.

Worst Radiohead album, not counting Pablo Honey
It's the contrarian opinion.

You is a nice song

Why the fuck did they leave out Daily Mail, Staircase, Super collider, The Butcher, & TAMTW? The album would have been a 10/10 if they had those in there.

Most overrated album is anything by the Beatles.

This

No you should learn how to read or get the fuck off lit you turbocharged pleb

>What you’re actually saying when you use a term like “X are overrated” is really nothing other than “Others like X more than I do”.

So?

Have you actually read it user?

it's trite

I agree

Harry Potter series

>What you’re actually saying when you use a term like “X are overrated” is really nothing other than “Others like X more than I do”.

congrats you know what the word overrated means

you must be new here

The Iliad

it's like a fanfic of Ancient Greek mythology

ITAOTS Is little more than a meme. No onbe thinks its fantastic

Wasn't trying to be contrarian. I genuinely enjoy it the most. Though I'm too pleb to know how to voice my feelings for it.

Kek

fuck you

Any Bowie album...

fuck you leatherman